PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   iTunes for the Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=122925)

BrianBaker 05-29-2010 05:03 PM

iTunes for the Evo 4G

Just in case someone was intrested in doing this.
http://www.knowyourcell.com/htc/htc-...th_itunes.html

edub186 05-29-2010 05:19 PM

Re: iTunes for the Evo 4G

BrianBaker 05-29-2010 05:32 PM

Just set it up on my PC on windows 7 64bit..Everything works great.Even embeds the album art like it would on the ipod and iphone..Now i need to find a class 6 32GB sd card for something a little less than $200.

BruceBanner 05-29-2010 07:28 PM

itunes is trash for apple devices, why would anyone want to use that shit for an android device....unless you actually pay for music through that garbage system.

newone757 05-29-2010 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BruceBanner (Post 1781203)
itunes is trash for apple devices, why would anyone want to use that shit for an android device....unless you actually pay for music through that garbage system.

i really dont understand whats so bad about it. nice clean interface that makes finding the music you want extremely easy, GREAT smart playlist, and for me-it just works. What exactly are you looking for for a media player?

I really hate apple as a whole but the way i had my itunes set up was PERFECT. Ive since switched to linux for the moment and thats the main thing i miss

BrianBaker 05-29-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

You clearly fall under the not intrested side of this thread.I was simply pointing out that it can be done.And for me(one who does purchase music) It was a breeze to sync my music library on my new device..I do use iTunes(been useing it for years),before i ever knew anything about android...Point me to the AndroidTunes service and i'll gladly switch..

abrigham 05-29-2010 09:29 PM

For the longest time I wasn't a big fan of iTunes or any of the copy-cat services. This was mostly because of the restrictive DRM they were putting on their music. I was slightly impressed when Apple came out and said you could get DRM free for an extra charge... then even more impressed when they decided to remove DRM altogether.

I personally don't use iTunes so this doesn't effect me and my future EVO. However, my wife has quite an extensive library in it and has an HTC Hero. These instructions will come in quite handy for her. Thanks for the post!

MidwestDrummer 05-29-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

I love my 160 GB iPod Classic, but I despise iTunes. MediaMonkey Gold FTW!

OMGWTF_BBQ 05-29-2010 10:45 PM

I have an iMac, so iTunes works like magic for me.
Try DoubleTwist. I'm on my netbook right now and am not in possession of an Evo (yet). But I've heard good things about it.

newone757 05-29-2010 11:36 PM

i dont really like doubletwist. feels like a downplayed/limited version of itunes. If im gonna use something different id rather it be completely different, not just some fake rip off. Its fine for syncing i guess but i want something I wouldnt mind using to play music from my desktop too, so it can keep my playcounts from home and on the go combined, this is why i loves itunes+ipod, those dynamic playlist including playcounts are great