PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 06:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: May buy EVO tonight - need some answers on warranty, rebate, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintb View Post
HA! That's what my step-Mom still has. The HTC Mogul is basically the Touch Pro 2's grandma. I loved that phone, and still have all of the boxes from when my Dad bought them for the whole family. It was like the Evo 4G is to me today, but only back then!
Yeah, I still have mone too, as a backup. I even have my old Samsung i730, which was an awesome early phone of this type, with a slide-out keyboard, etc. I ran Windows Mobile 2003, I believe it was called. I once tethered the Samsung to an office whose DSL was down for a week, and ran 49 computers internet connections off of the Samsung i730 (they took turns in groups of 5 or so, checking their email). It kept them up and running for that week
Old 05-27-2010, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

By the way, for those that have an early unit, does Sprint have the Mobile Hotspot feature working? Will it work from anything other than a 4g connection?
Old 05-27-2010, 06:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: May buy EVO tonight - need some answers on warranty, rebate, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Yeah, I still have mone too, as a backup. I even have my old Samsung i730, which was an awesome early phone of this type, with a slide-out keyboard, etc. I ran Windows Mobile 2003, I believe it was called. I once tethered the Samsung to an office whose DSL was down for a week, and ran 49 computers internet connections off of the Samsung i730 (they took turns in groups of 5 or so, checking their email). It kept them up and running for that week
Wow, thats historical stuff right there. Unheard of at the time.
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
By the way, for those that have an early unit, does Sprint have the Mobile Hotspot feature working? Will it work from anything other than a 4g connection?
Yes the Mobile Hotspot is working on both 3g and 4g networks
Old 05-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

just got my evo today awesome! the two lines works out too because I need to bring my phone in for service
Old 05-27-2010, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

klimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
They bumped my off of being a Premium customer a few months ago because my plan was under $50 ($49.99 Sero account). What a joke, over a penny.
More like $20. Premier starts @ $69.99.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:01 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
Yes the Mobile Hotspot is working on both 3g and 4g networks
Great!! How does the "speak" feature on Google Maps 4.1 work, since on the TP2, you have to press the Send key to start the speak feature, and the Evo doesn't have a Send key?
Old 05-27-2010, 08:09 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
just got my evo today awesome! the two lines works out too because I need to bring my phone in for service
yeah, and the fact you can't activate it on your number until the 20th takes the pressure off of switching over before you have everything working right, all data ported over correctly, etc.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Great!! How does the "speak" feature on Google Maps 4.1 work, since on the TP2, you have to press the Send key to start the speak feature, and the Evo doesn't have a Send key?
You have to hit the search button while in Google Maps & a search box with a search & microphone icon pop up. It's probably a quicker way to do this I just haven't found it yet.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G