PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 05:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: May buy EVO tonight - need some answers on warranty, rebate, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
So it sounds like I might as well buy the unit tonight, assuming it is not messed up. Then I can see if I really like it, using the activated line. And if I don't like it, I should be able to recoup my $$$
Welcome to the club.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:12 PM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

to break it down for you.

most you will be able to talk sprint into giving off is $75.00

So if you buy from sprint your looking at 405.93 with 8.25% tax included depending on you state. Remember also that you wont be able to activate it on your line until after june 20th but between now and then you can call India as much as you want.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:37 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
You are not eligible for the rebate unless you qualify for the full, 2 year upgrade pricing.

So, it's 1 year with $75 off and no MIR. Or, 2 year with $150 off + $100 MIR.

The one year is not even worth taking, IMO. Just buy it outright. You'll still be covered by both Sprint (it's a Sprint branded device, it doesn't matter where you got/bought it) and HTC.
Quote:
So it sounds like I might as well buy the unit tonight, assuming it is not messed up. Then I can see if I really like it, using the activated line. And if I don't like it, I should be able to recoup my $$$
Just remember that even if you are on contract if you are a premier customer you get the full upgrade every year.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I personally hate carry around 2 phones. The free service is nice but I want to use my own number
Old 05-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: May buy EVO tonight - need some answers on warranty, rebate, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
I personally hate carry around 2 phones. The free service is nice but I want to use my own number
Agreed. Two phones is a mess. And I don't see how he will "SEE IF HE LIKES IT OR NOT"...i'm sorry, but are you friekin crazy! IT'S THE EVO BROTHER! WHAT ISN'T THERE TO LIKE ABOUT IT!?

I completely mean that in the nicest of ways.
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
Old 05-27-2010, 05:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz View Post
to break it down for you.

most you will be able to talk sprint into giving off is $75.00

So if you buy from sprint your looking at 405.93 with 8.25% tax included depending on you state. Remember also that you wont be able to activate it on your line until after june 20th but between now and then you can call India as much as you want.
Thanks given to all. So I won't be able to switch it after June 4th, but have to wait until the original 30 days are up? That's okay, I guess, since I can do as much of anything (like call India, is Intl calling even on too?) until then, and leave the unit at home for my wife to play with when I'm at work. That way, she may grow to like it (she's still on a Mogul and has a full upgrade available), and I can then buy her one too, through regular channels.

By the way, on these early units, is Sprint TV turned on too, with premium channels?
Old 05-27-2010, 05:51 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Just remember that even if you are on contract if you are a premier customer you get the full upgrade every year.
They bumped my off of being a Premium customer a few months ago because my plan was under $50 ($49.99 Sero account). What a joke, over a penny.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
They bumped my off of being a Premium customer a few months ago because my plan was under $50 ($49.99 Sero account). What a joke, over a penny.
LOL, well that sucks.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: May buy EVO tonight - need some answers on warranty, rebate, etc.

Quote:
That way, she may grow to like it (she's still on a Mogul and has a full upgrade available), and I can then buy her one too, through regular channels.
HA! That's what my step-Mom still has. The HTC Mogul is basically the Touch Pro 2's grandma. I loved that phone, and still have all of the boxes from when my Dad bought them for the whole family. It was like the Evo 4G is to me today, but only back then!
Old 05-27-2010, 06:05 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintb View Post
I don't see how he will "SEE IF HE LIKES IT OR NOT"...i'm sorry, but are you friekin crazy! IT'S THE EVO BROTHER! WHAT ISN'T THERE TO LIKE ABOUT IT!?

I completely mean that in the nicest of ways.
Actually, what he said is true (if I like it), because I am a businessman in my 50's, and Office functions are far more important to me than things that may be important to others. I never use my phones for games (well, Teeter is fun once in a while), and it's hard to impress me with the "gee whiz" factor if it doesn't do the daily functions that I need it to do. The TP2 did those pretty well, but the instability at times, crashing, extremely long re-boot times, etc., are taking their toll on me.

That's not to say I don't like and appreciate some of the cool features, but it simply simply that I have my eyes wide open. I have no problem with criticizing it's flaws, and I feel there are some, like the lack of Send and End buttons, physical keyboard, etc. Only time spent using it will tell me if I feel those things are deal-breakers. I won't gloss over the flaws because "I'm in love with it", basically becoming a fanboy. You need to pick a wife the same way - eyes wide open, honest appraisal of the situation. I did that, and have been married over 25 years. At least with the phone, I can change my mind, and have no doubt this won't be the best, and hence last, phone that I will ever own. The decision I hope to make by buying this unit is whether or not I want to use it even for a year or so.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G