PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 02:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex
Carrier: Sprint

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl
Re: Moving up an upgrade?

A few things to discuss here...

1. if you are eligible for a 1yr upgrade, you can upgrade but you only get $75 off the FULL retail price of the phone.

2. if you use the other line's upgrade, wait AT LEAST 24 hours to switch it to your phone number.

3. cancellation fees are $200 from the 31st day of the signing of the new contract and pro-rate AFTER 6mos until they are a minimum of $50. if the phone is cancelled within 30 days of the upgrade, the upgrade will be reversed and if the phone is not returned to the store, in like new condition, in the box with all contents you will be charged the FULL retail price of the phone.

4. if you are trying to get moved to an earlier date for upgrade...transfer to account services. tell them a representative told you there was a supervisor in their department running a pilot program for early upgrades. It is usually only 2 weeks early at most. However, I have, in some cases, got them to make exceptions for customers who had broken phones and needed a phone asap because they have kids or whatever. if they did not get the upgrade they would switch to another carrier so that they could get a new phone that day. not saying try it, just saying it's been done before.

Best of luck to you. I know how bad you all want this phone. However, I prefer to wait and let the carrier get the first batch out of the way. When a phone is released pre-maturely it is more likely to have bugs (example: CL14 update to fix what was wrong with early released Moment and HTC sync update that was released to fix what was wrong with the Hero). I am not saying I anticipate anything being wrong with the EVO. I know it has been ready for release for quite some time. And corporate managers have had theirs for a while. I have yet to hear of any problems ... I'm just saying: Patience is a virtue and sometimes it pays off in the end.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgirl View Post
2. if you use the other line's upgrade, wait AT LEAST 24 hours to switch it to your phone number
Why is this? I'm attempting to perform this operation in another line and then move the phone to my line as soon as I get home but would like to know what is the reason behind this? I talked to sprint about this option and they agreed with me but they did not mention anything about a cooloff period.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 05-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo - Rooted!

LoungeLizard is keeping up the good workLoungeLizard is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LoungeLizard Send a message via Yahoo to LoungeLizard

My upgrade date was Aug 1 and I called to see if they could bump it up for the Evo. The retentions rep said the most they could do was 30 days, which would still not get me there in time. He transfered me to his supervisor to explain it all to me and after shooting the breeze with him for a few minutes about the Evo and how I had just gave up my legacy plan so we could get Android phones, he looked through my account, saw my payment history and that I had been with them for years, and then he reset my eligibility. I guess it's hit or miss with this, but it pays to be nice and strike up a conversation with the supervisor.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Lurker

njward75 is a n00b

I must be one of the lucky ones. A few weeks ago I chatted with a rep online seeking to get premier status in order to be able to get rebate with a new two year contract. Somehow, I spend $135 a month on a family plan and still don't qualify so I mentioned my true intentions of wanting the EVO when it's released and he gave me the line of since you're such a loyal customer for so many years blah blah blah, I'm going to move your date up so that you are eligible for the rebate at EVO release.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

jxmetal is a n00b

I got mine moved up 2 months. Here's the quick run-through.

Called and said I was wondering what my upgrade date is. and they told me July 1.

Said "ok. I was trying to figure out what I should do since I was looking for a new phone"

She said are you looking at other plans.

I said "yes, I have agood one currently (SERO) but don't like that I can't use any of the newly release phones. I'd like a newer smartphone."

She says "do you like your current phone?"

I said "it's alright. I got it on the cheap, but i'd like for it to do more. I'm really interested in the EVO that comes out soon. If that's not possible I'm looking into similar, multi-function phones like an iPhone"

She continues "well, since you're in the 60 day window we can move up your upgrade date. And since the EVO has an extra $10 charge I can add a $10 off 24 month discount when you activate it. I'll just note it in your account"

then blah blah blah and we're all set. She changed my upgrade date to 5/1/10. I can't remember what department this was. I have the name of it and their direct # in my car. I'll grab it at lunch time.

Update 1 - The department was "Account Services"

Last edited by jxmetal; 05-27-2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxmetal View Post

Called and said I was wondering what my upgrade date is. and they told me July 1.

Said "ok. I was trying to figure out what I should do since I was looking for a new phone"

I said "yes, I have agood one currently (SERO) but don't like that I can't use any of the newly release phones. I'd like a newer smartphone."

I said "it's alright. I got it on the cheap, but i'd like for it to do more. I'm really interested in the EVO that comes out soon. If that's not possible I'm looking into similar, multi-function phones like an iPhone"

She continues "well, since you're in the 60 day window we can move up your upgrade date. And since the EVO has an extra $10 charge I can add a $10 off 24 month discount when you activate it. I'll just note it in your account"

then blah blah blah and we're all set. She changed my upgrade date to 5/1/10. I can't remember what department this was. I have the name of it and their direct # in my car. I'll grab it at lunch time.

Direct number please.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:00 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:

Next time note the call center location. They might be happier than other centers lol
Old 05-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

jxmetal is a n00b

She was American. or at least sounded American.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

"Account Services" is what you get when you choose the "Cancel Service" option I believe....
Old 05-27-2010, 02:31 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
She was American. or at least sounded American.
I mean a more precise location, city.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G