PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Pao
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Pao is keeping up the good workPao is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: This guy is Nuts!

My conversation with Princess Mentally Challenged...yes I emailed the CL add OP, and was honestly just trying to be helpful!:

Me:
Check your local Walmart. If they have them in stock 16GB iPhone 3GS’s are around $97. And you wont be getting an Evo for anywhere below $450.

Her:
Thanks for the info , & you can preorder them for 199.00 thanks (: !

Me:
Very true, but you can’t buy them without a contract for less then $450, which is basically what you’re trying to do :P $199 is with a 2-year contract. Either way goodluck.

Her:
I already have a contract ? And I'm due for an upgrade , so thanks , Bye .

Me:
You make no sense, then order it, don’t ask on CL for someone to give you one for cheaper.

Her:
The thing is , is that I dont know which one I want yet , goodbye .

I really don't think she understands yet why her price makes no sense, it's like talking to a 14 year old high school girl....wait, OH, now it makes sense.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

BrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pao View Post
My conversation with Princess Mentally Challenged...yes I emailed the CL add OP, and was honestly just trying to be helpful!:

Me:
Check your local Walmart. If they have them in stock 16GB iPhone 3GS’s are around $97. And you wont be getting an Evo for anywhere below $450.

Her:
Thanks for the info , & you can preorder them for 199.00 thanks (: !

Me:
Very true, but you can’t buy them without a contract for less then $450, which is basically what you’re trying to do :P $199 is with a 2-year contract. Either way goodluck.

Her:
I already have a contract ? And I'm due for an upgrade , so thanks , Bye .

Me:
You make no sense, then order it, don’t ask on CL for someone to give you one for cheaper.

Her:
The thing is , is that I dont know which one I want yet , goodbye .

I really don't think she understands yet why her price makes no sense, it's like talking to a 14 year old high school girl....wait, OH, now it makes sense.
did you really call the CL ad? Lol thats too damn funny..Think I will do it next just for the fun in it.

HTC EVO 4G
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Pao
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Pao is keeping up the good workPao is keeping up the good work

Emailed her but yeah, I don't mind trying to be helpful...but her 'condition' (yes, stupidity can be a condition) just made it comical.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:18 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

As the saying goes.. "ignorance is bliss"...thats why many ppl buy phones that cost less or are free but pay more in monthly fee via contract...They don't look at the big picture and just look at now.

That person looks like just wants what is "popular" rather then anything else..if you sell them a Chinese knockoff they wouldn't be able to tell the difference..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
lol, and I still say the move to PS3 was the right one!
Uh huh, and thats why a couple days after you "switched" my uncle saw you on XBL?
I think you already miss it...
On the EvO note, my uncle will be picking up a EvO as well, so when he sees back on XBL, you can tell him all about your ROM...and why he should flash it.
P.S. Im just gald that some WinMo experts are coming over to Android. Teach me.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:14 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
As the saying goes.. "ignorance is bliss"...thats why many ppl buy phones that cost less or are free but pay more in monthly fee via contract...They don't look at the big picture and just look at now.

That person looks like just wants what is "popular" rather then anything else..if you sell them a Chinese knockoff they wouldn't be able to tell the difference..
so you're saying if I pay $449 for the EVO Sprint will cut my monthly bill? I think not....I've been w/ Sprint 8 yrs, I see no reason to "jump ship" (that was for u morty), so I'll take the $250 off the phone.

My father in law is on my account, he didn't want to commit to a contract, so he's been using this crappy Sanyo VI2300.....for the past 3 yrs, lol. He finally wised up & I just ordered him the Moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
Uh huh, and thats why a couple days after you "switched" my uncle saw you on XBL?
I think you already miss it...
On the EvO note, my uncle will be picking up a EvO as well, so when he sees back on XBL, you can tell him all about your ROM...and why he should flash it.
P.S. Im just gald that some WinMo experts are coming over to Android. Teach me.
lol, Uncle Lou only told u part of the story....my gold account was still active, and I had some MS points still on there. I logged in from my son's Xbox (I sold mine) to use the points up.....he even sent me a msg saying he knew I'd be back but I told him, oh no no. So tell him not to hold his breathe.....I was on XBL for years, now I am more than satisfied w/ the PS3, and online multiplayer is FREE!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:32 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
so you're saying if I pay $449 for the EVO Sprint will cut my monthly bill? I think not....I've been w/ Sprint 8 yrs, I see no reason to "jump ship" (that was for u morty), so I'll take the $250 off the phone.

My father in law is on my account, he didn't want to commit to a contract, so he's been using this crappy Sanyo VI2300.....for the past 3 yrs, lol. He finally wised up & I just ordered him the Moment.

ahmm..what?!?!? Are you making up stuff on the spot or something..how did you even come to that conclusion based on what I said? lol
Old 05-27-2010, 10:38 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I see no reason to "jump ship" (that was for u morty),

lol, Uncle Lou only told u part of the story....my gold account was still active, and I had some MS points still on there. I logged in from my son's Xbox (I sold mine) to use the points up.....he even sent me a msg saying he knew I'd be back but I told him, oh no no. So tell him not to hold his breathe.....I was on XBL for years, now I am more than satisfied w/ the PS3, and online multiplayer is FREE!
Well, you just answered why you would never jump from sprint, its cheaper. It would have to be free to get you to leave...
Old 05-27-2010, 11:07 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
ahmm..what?!?!? Are you making up stuff on the spot or something..how did you even come to that conclusion based on what I said? lol

these are not your words??? maybe I mis-interpreted what you were trying to say. how is getting a discounted or free phone resulting in a higher monthly fee?

Quote:
Old 05-27-2010, 11:18 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
these are not your words??? maybe I mis-interpreted what you were trying to say. how is getting a discounted or free phone resulting in a higher monthly fee?
I was referring to other carriers like Verizon and AT&T which give away rather cheap phones but have higher monthly fees. Where as sprint usually is cheaper but phones tend to cost more.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G