PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to TheLovatScout
Can I possibly add an additional line to purchase the Evo...?

I was talking to my sister, and she suggested this. I have the 1500min Simply Everything Plan. I'm the primary number and my contract is up in 2012, the second number is my gf and her one year of the 2 year contract is coming this December.

My sister said I should add an additional line and said it would only be $10 more a month. She then said that I would be able to buy the phone for the $199 since its like I'm bringing on a new contract. It would have to be the 2-year contract of course. Then switch the Evo to my Primary line, and put my TP2 on the 3rd line that isnt being used.

Pay for that line (extra $10 a month) until December when my girlfriends one year comes up and she gets a $75 instant savings. Cancel her line since it will be cheaper than terminating the newer lines, and switch her phone and transfer her number over to the 3rd line.

it sounds like a huge pain in the ass, but it sounds like the cheapest way to do it.

Does this even sound possible to you guys!? Feel free to call me an idiot if you think I'm going way too far to get the phone, lol.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:44 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Can I possibly add an additional line to purchase the Evo...?

you have to call sprint to see if your eligible for the other lin. No one here can tell you for sure. I have heard of other people doing the same.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLovatScout View Post
I was talking to my sister, and she suggested this. I have the 1500min Simply Everything Plan. I'm the primary number and my contract is up in 2012, the second number is my gf and her one year of the 2 year contract is coming this December.

My sister said I should add an additional line and said it would only be $10 more a month. She then said that I would be able to buy the phone for the $199 since its like I'm bringing on a new contract. It would have to be the 2-year contract of course. Then switch the Evo to my Primary line, and put my TP2 on the 3rd line that isnt being used.

Pay for that line (extra $10 a month) until December when my girlfriends one year comes up and she gets a $75 instant savings. Cancel her line since it will be cheaper than terminating the newer lines, and switch her phone and transfer her number over to the 3rd line.

it sounds like a huge pain in the ass, but it sounds like the cheapest way to do it.

Does this even sound possible to you guys!? Feel free to call me an idiot if you think I'm going way too far to get the phone, lol.
Is all seems possible except one thing. Switch her to the new line. (thats doable). Then get her old number on that new line. When you cancel her line, I don't think it will let you keep her number. Only workaround MAYBE is to port it to like cricket, then port it back...

One thing to add, surprised no one brought this up.

EvO off contract for 350? How, new 2 year, cancel for 150, 199+150=350 instead of 450. Easy way to make money...
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP

To add another line to your account is 20$ a month more. I looked into it...
Old 05-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLovatScout View Post

Well ur about half right, but the 2nd line will be $20.00 not 10.00..

Shell
Old 05-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

des090 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to des090

i canceld 1 of my lines wich was 110.00 and getting the evo for 199.99 at the schak
Old 05-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by des090 View Post
i canceld 1 of my lines wich was 110.00 and getting the evo for 199.99 at the schak
Now when everyone says they're buying it for "$199" is it actually $299 and then you get 100 back through the MIR?

And $20 is fine, I asked my cousin if he just wants to use the 3rd line and my TP2 if he pays the $10, or $20.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

markus_del_marko is just getting started

i had sprint call me 3 weeks ago to try to sell me a 3rd line. i was told i could even get the evo. i passed because of the $10 coolness charge and i have no need for 3 phones.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus_del_marko View Post
i had sprint call me 3 weeks ago to try to sell me a 3rd line. i was told i could even get the evo. i passed because of the $10 coolness charge and i have no need for 3 phones.
lmao what the hell! Why won't they call ME ask ask me that!? Suckaz.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dave01978 is keeping up the good workdave01978 is keeping up the good work

if you get it from sprint is 299-100mir, if you get it at rat shack, or best buy its 199 no mir. Thats why i ordered from the rat shack

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G