PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 02:47 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EVO FM Radio

A couple of sites mentioned the FM radio on the EVO supposedly offers RDS (with wired headset). However I have not seen a review that included the function & ability of the FM radio.

Has anyone who owns/demo'd the phone have any feedback about it's functionality?

Old 05-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

BillJr106 is keeping up the good workBillJr106 is keeping up the good work
Re: EVO FM Radio

What is RDS?
Old 05-26-2010, 02:54 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Here you go!

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:57 PM
HTC Soldier
Threadstarter

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJr106 View Post
What is RDS?
Radio Data System - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Data_System

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
WarChild,

Thank you!
Old 05-26-2010, 03:00 PM
War is the answer!

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

Anytime!

CW
Old 05-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work

war you are in the marine's? i was in the army 3 years ago lol
Old 05-26-2010, 03:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Since you can switch it to play through the speaker, there should become available a dongle antenna to plug into the headphone jack, just a little stubby thing
Old 05-26-2010, 03:47 PM
HTC Soldier
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Since you can switch it to play through the speaker, there should become available a dongle antenna to plug into the headphone jack, just a little stubby thing
Which would be great for listening in on the game chat at USC (South Carolina) Football games.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:09 PM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksilenc View Post
war you are in the marine's? i was in the army 3 years ago lol
Yes since 2001. Recruiting duty now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I sure hope your right.

CW
Old 05-26-2010, 04:30 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xweaponx View Post
Which would be great for listening in on the game chat at USC (South Carolina) Football games.
I had FM on my Diamond that I lost when I went to a TP2
I still carried my diamond to Vanderbilt games just for the radio. FM radio means a great deal to me during football season.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G