PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

View Poll Results: If sprint had the HD2 also, would you be getting the Evo?
Yep, Evo all the way 106 80.30%
Nope, id stick with WM on the HD2 13 9.85%
not sure. id wait to see how Evo turned out before choosing 13 9.85%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 02:13 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Extremely curious to what you would do- POLL

Greetings. Like most everybody here, i can't wait to (although I might have to) get the Evo. Im curious though, if Sprint had gotten the HD2 along with the Evo, which would you have chosen? Sorry if this was already asked or this isn't the appropriate forum for my poll question.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Extremely curious to what you would do- POLL

winmo 6.5 is dead
Google is the next skynet
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

IMO, WinMo 6.5 is dead and gone. Coworker had the HD2, and returned it. Same usual WinMo issues. Freezing, rebooting, taking forever to do things. Snapdragon makes it faster, but not fast enough to matter. The faint hope that HD2 will run WinMo 7 is not enough for me, considering that I am still not sure if I like WinMo 7 from what I've seen.

I think that Android is more or less mature system, and overall a better choice.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:29 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

while I agree winmo 6.5 doesnt have much of a future compared to Android, I would have found it harder to leave if sprint had the HD2 or LG Fanthom. Thx for the responses guys.
dschoenike
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

I've been on WinMo since 2003.
I'm kind of tired of it. Especially when I see other phones that are much more responsive. I recently picked up a Hero for my father-in-law. I used it for about 4 days before handing it over to him.
After that short time w/ Android, I can honestly say that if I had the choice between
a) EVO
b) HD2
c) *fictional device - HD3 running some sort of WM w/ a Snapdragon 2Ghz processor

I'd still choose the EVO.
I was always content w/ WM until I used Android. It's like I was always content w/ watching tv in SD and not having a DVR, until I got HD and a DVR. I could never go back now.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:33 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I loved WM for a long time, and I've grown to hate it. Android is king.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:46 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Android over WM any day.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

osva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good work

Evo all the way.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:55 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP

Having been a avid disciple of Windows Mobile platform, both in terms of using & creating roms, etc...

And considering the location of such a poll, it may seem biased that Android is held in such high regard...

With that said,... and I quote: "The unofficial death of Windows Mobile is upon us..."

Tally forth...

Old 05-26-2010, 03:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jhanson999 is just getting started

Been with WM a looooong time. Since the news of windows phone 7 basically wanting to clone the iphone business model (can't say I really blame them) I'm done with WM. Android seems like the best of both worlds: still customizable but without all the headaches of the WM OS.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G