PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

phillyboi6829 is keeping up the good workphillyboi6829 is keeping up the good workphillyboi6829 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to phillyboi6829
Evo and froyo update

found this over at XDA
woohoooo
http://www.cooltechzone.com/2010/05/...-froyo-update/

this one is a bit more extensive

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2364111,00.asp

Last edited by phillyboi6829; 05-26-2010 at 11:35 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Evo and froyo update

Nice! The anticipation is torture!
Old 05-26-2010, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

phillyboi6829 is keeping up the good workphillyboi6829 is keeping up the good workphillyboi6829 is keeping up the good work

yeah... i cant wait. i have the pre and i feel like using it as a soccer ball, i feel dumb for even buying it. EVO all the way. also it seem like everything that is called EVO is the coolest thing( Mitubish EVO)
Old 05-26-2010, 11:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyboi6829 View Post
yeah... i cant wait. i have the pre and i feel like using it as a soccer ball, i feel dumb for even buying it.
Don't beat yourself up, maybe you are just saying that because it's "cool" on here to love the Evo?

The Pre is a great phone though, very different and innovative.

It's just now there is something better. Doesn't discount the fact that Palm took great risks and didn't (completely) flop.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:46 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyboi6829 View Post
yeah... i cant wait. i have the pre and i feel like using it as a soccer ball, i feel dumb for even buying it. EVO all the way. also it seem like everything that is called EVO is the coolest thing( Mitubish EVO)
I know how you feel. Im about the same with my TP2.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
Don't beat yourself up, maybe you are just saying that because it's "cool" on here to love the Evo?

It's just now there is something better. Doesn't discount the fact that Palm took great risks and didn't (completely) flop.
very true maybe im being to harsh. i tend to jump on new tech as it comes out. but i feel as tho android is a very stable OS compaird to palm's WebOs, that is about to die, android is still growing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post

CW
i was SOOOOOO close to getting the tp2 but i was really tired of winmobile and of my girl-friend busting my balls about my flashing addiction.

Last edited by phillyboi6829; 05-26-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post

CW
Same with you too! Come on, you know how excited you were when you got your TP2. :P

I really liked my TP2, its a *great* phone. Especially for me as I travel for work, I am writing long emails from the phone, I use the loud speaker phone a lot...

I am willing to give that up for the Evo, however looking back my TP2 was a great companion! And a HUUUUUUGE improvement over the touch pro. Wow that was just awful... lol.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post

I don' t know if the Pre is a "great phone," though WebOS is certainly an AMAZING OS!
Old 05-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I don' t know if the Pre is a "great phone," though WebOS is certainly an AMAZING OS!
Sure, could look at it that way.... WebOS was the real innovation, not necessarily the phone itself.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

your thread has been officially jacked lol!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G