PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 01:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 3VO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Mswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMswezey is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mswezey Send a message via MSN to Mswezey Send a message via Yahoo to Mswezey Send a message via Skype™ to Mswezey
Re: evo design

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman1224 View Post
Um, the stand isn't attached to the back of the cover. If you've watched any of the videos, when they take the back cover off, you'll see its got a slot in it. Just like the cover has a hole in it for the camera lens. The stand is built into the inside of the device.
Think he meant buy a cover that just doesn't have the slot and hides the kickstand maybe??
Old 05-26-2010, 01:41 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Some reviewers also say that the incredible is a better device than the evo.
and some reviewers were high when they did their "review"
Old 05-26-2010, 01:42 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
button design coulda been better I might have gone the AMOLED way too but thats just me.
I wouldn't have wanted AMOLED. I enjoy being able to use my phone in sunlight, and Engadget said that the colors and brightness rivaled the Nexus One anyway, even with its TFT screen.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic, Evo, TP2

TheMostToys is keeping up the good workTheMostToys is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
I wouldn't have wanted AMOLED. I enjoy being able to use my phone in sunlight, and Engadget said that the colors and brightness rivaled the Nexus One anyway, even with its TFT screen.
True, but "Super AMOLED" might have been perfect.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:52 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
and some reviewers were high when they did their "review"
LOL, youve gotta be talkin about the youtube review we were all pickin on yesterday or day before.. "uhhh, it has a camera, uhhh, its made by HTC, uhhh, ummm"
Old 05-26-2010, 02:02 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

it has cool stuff
Old 05-26-2010, 02:11 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
it has cool stuff
LMAO_again, i forgot about that line
Old 05-26-2010, 02:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Quiksmage is becoming a great contributor

if i were to nitpick and change some stuff on the evo, it would be as follows:

amoled display for better battery life
16 gb class 6 microsd
a HW keyboard on par with the awesome that is TP2
froyo on release
a better camera. lets face it, htc cameras have never been great, and while the evo's isnt bad i think it could be better. i could give 2 shits how many "megapixels" the camera has or that it does "HD quality". cmon people, these are buzzwords that sell. they dont actually mean good quality. 720p isnt really a high resolution either. id take a quality 3-5 megapixel camera over a random 100 megapixel camera for the sake of big numbers.
dedicated camera button
i dont think theres anything else id realistically add.

maybe a automated cookie and coffee maker that can be triggered by the alarm. Also, a slide-out massager!
Old 05-26-2010, 02:27 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
LOL, youve gotta be talkin about the youtube review we were all pickin on yesterday or day before.. "uhhh, it has a camera, uhhh, its made by HTC, uhhh, ummm"
well with the comment of "some reviewers are saying the Incredible is the better phone" my first thought was to say "well some reviewers are drunk" but thought a real example would be more effective at getting the point across
Old 05-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

Quote:
it has cool stuff

lol......"it has a touch screen".....half way in his review.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G