PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 03:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

xenoetry is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BlueAnt Z9i: Will not connect

As the title states, I'm having trouble getting Evo to recognize it. It still connects to my old vogue, so its in perfect working order. Although I haven't been able to test it with another headset, when I scan for bluetooth signals it pics up someone's Mac, so I'm assuming it isn't the phone. Initially, I though I may have been at fault when applying the fps fix, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Is anyone else having this problem, or have any BlueAnt products that will/won't function?
Old 07-23-2010, 04:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: BlueAnt Z9i: Will not connect

Nevermind, finally got it after 6 hours lol
Old 07-23-2010, 07:42 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Glad you got it to work. My suggestion was going to be raid ant and roach killer....
Old 07-23-2010, 08:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

I have the Z9i...you probably forgot to hold down the button until it blinked constant blue eh?
Old 07-23-2010, 08:09 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I did that a few times with my moto H50 and I was going crazy. I thought the light was constantly blue but it was actually blinking! Bout flushed it down the toilet. On moto's H50, Constant blue is pair mode.

I was having Optical Rectitis at the time....
Old 07-23-2010, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
I have the Z9i...you probably forgot to hold down the button until it blinked constant blue eh?
Actually, the only way I got it to work was to hold down all three buttons lol. Not sure if it was just by chance or what, but it worked
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Sayajin is keeping up the good workSayajin is keeping up the good workSayajin is keeping up the good work

How are you guys who have the Z9i liking it? I am thinking about getting one for myself...

-Sayajin
Old 07-23-2010, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Speaking truthfully, its the best piece I've ever ran across, and easily. The clarity is topnotch, the noise cancellation is outstanding, and its tiny as hell. I usually only wear it around the house or when I'm driving, but I often forget that it is even on my ear. Damn near weightless as far as comfort is concerned. The only negative point I could throw at it would be its proprietary power and USB cable...but other than that, its amazing.

Worth every damn penny.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenoetry View Post
Speaking truthfully, its the best piece I've ever ran across, and easily. The clarity is topnotch, the noise cancellation is outstanding, and its tiny as hell. I usually only wear it around the house or when I'm driving, but I often forget that it is even on my ear. Damn near weightless as far as comfort is concerned. The only negative point I could throw at it would be its proprietary power and USB cable...but other than that, its amazing.

Worth every damn penny.
Don't forget the kickass blue blinking ant on the earpiece....
Old 07-25-2010, 10:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenoetry View Post
As the title states, I'm having trouble getting Evo to recognize it. It still connects to my old vogue, so its in perfect working order. Although I haven't been able to test it with another headset, when I scan for bluetooth signals it pics up someone's Mac, so I'm assuming it isn't the phone. Initially, I though I may have been at fault when applying the fps fix, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Is anyone else having this problem, or have any BlueAnt products that will/won't function?
I have a BlueAnt Q1 and incase youre not already aware, theres a BlueAnt app in the Market for certain BlueAnt headsets. Not sure if theres one for your particular headset but there is one for mine and it will make your Evo read you your incoming texts through your bluetooth just like Voice COmmand on the TP2
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G