PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 08:18 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 1 day review of the EVO 4G 3500mAh battery. A++!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementalwindx View Post
The point is I dont want to have to tweak my phone all to hell and back. I love having the extra battery. You guys know that 1500mAh isn't enough anyways.

I always carry my phone in my front pockets. I never use my back pockets. There is no noticeable difference in weight. Then again I'm not some fat ass computer nerd who can't lift a cpu tower either.

No its not easier for me to carry 2 batteries around and recharge multiple batteries. That to me is a huge PITA.

My stock battery would last thru the day just fine but I would also have it hooked up to my car to charge it while I was on the road, and I'm on the road an average of 2 hours a day every day, so it got a good charge during the day. This battery hasn't seen a charger since 6am.

With this battery I have 0 worries that it will last thru the day without a sweat.

This is on a 100% stock evo 4g untouched not rooted. It does have advanced task killer and thats it.
Well you can't say 1500mah battery is not enough since we all use our phones differently. Its obviously not enough for you but for me the stock battery works just fine and I am not rooted either. I am never gone that long to where I may need an extended battery.
Now I do fly quite often and I actually have a small energizer xp8000 usb charger thats very useful when I am on the plane but other than that I never have to use it on a regular day of business or pleasure.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

elementalwindx is becoming a great contributor
Re: Official HTC EVO Review Thread

ughhh I didn't want my thread merged into this.

Well the battery ended up lasting a full 24 hours almost exactly before it died. Remember this is with heavy use 90% of that time. Today I will be trying it with next to no use and see how many days it stays on.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:27 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Official HTC EVO Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementalwindx View Post
ughhh I didn't want my thread merged into this.
A place for everything and everything in its place.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

Look at your battery closely. Is it a LiPo or LiOn? I ordered and what arrived was a LiOn though they advertize it as Lithium Polymer. I called them this morning and told them that their sale was FRAUDULENT and they agreed to refund me they entire purchase, including shipping in both directions.

- Made from the highest quality Japanese Lithium Polymer cells
- Comes with a black replacement door featuring Seidio's signature soft touch coating
- Adds only 3-4mm to your device

I later called Seidio and they said that they had initially sold a LiOn 3500 mAh battery but switched to a LiPo. It would seem that MobileCityOnline bought a batch of Seidio's LiOns, either wittingly or unwittingly, and has been selling them for Lithium Polymer.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

elementalwindx is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
Look at your battery closely. Is it a LiPo or LiOn? I ordered and what arrived was a LiOn though they advertize it as Lithium Polymer. I called them this morning and told them that their sale was FRAUDULENT and they agreed to refund me they entire purchase, including shipping in both directions.

- Made from the highest quality Japanese Lithium Polymer cells
- Comes with a black replacement door featuring Seidio's signature soft touch coating
- Adds only 3-4mm to your device

I later called Seidio and they said that they had initially sold a LiOn 3500 mAh battery but switched to a LiPo. It would seem that MobileCityOnline bought a batch of Seidio's LiOns, either wittingly or unwittingly, and has been selling them for Lithium Polymer.

I have the 3500mAh 3.7V Lithium "Li-ion" battery too. Product No.: BASI35HTP2

Whats the difference between the Li-on and the Li-Po?
Old 08-06-2010, 09:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo4G

beauty1085 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to beauty1085 Send a message via Skype™ to beauty1085
Exclamation My Piece of Crap EVO (lemon policy)

Well, well, well.... a great first 6 days with my new Evo have I had. Don't get me wrong I love my phone but I got a lemon, a real lemon. I brought my phone on Sunday after a Evo egg hunt from Radioshack. All was good with it till the other day when I noticed my camera lens was cracked so I called The Shack and they said they would have me a new one by Friday or Saturday. Well that is great but now an added problem has started today, my mic is blown when I make a call the other person hears crackling and nothing else. So I will be walking around with a bluetooth headset on till monday or tuesday oh yeah for got to mention that The Shack sent my phone to the wrong store so they are not gonna get it this weekend. So I called up tech support and he said yeah your mic is blown I will put a note in your account for you to go to the repair shop and blah blah blah. So I went back and he was like yeah mic broken defective phone. So I guess I will be waiting. The only thing I can account to this is I plugged in a non manufacture car charger but it charged the phone so idk. Anyone else with this problem?
Old 08-06-2010, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

BigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good workBigDinCA is keeping up the good work
Re: My Piece of Crap EVO (lemon policy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauty1085 View Post
Well, well, well.... a great first 6 days with my new Evo have I had. Don't get me wrong I love my phone but I got a lemon, a real lemon. I brought my phone on Sunday after a Evo egg hunt from Radioshack. All was good with it till the other day when I noticed my camera lens was cracked so I called The Shack and they said they would have me a new one by Friday or Saturday. Well that is great but now an added problem has started today, my mic is blown when I make a call the other person hears crackling and nothing else. So I will be walking around with a bluetooth headset on till monday or tuesday oh yeah for got to mention that The Shack sent my phone to the wrong store so they are not gonna get it this weekend. So I called up tech support and he said yeah your mic is blown I will put a note in your account for you to go to the repair shop and blah blah blah. So I went back and he was like yeah mic broken defective phone. So I guess I will be waiting. The only thing I can account to this is I plugged in a non manufacture car charger but it charged the phone so idk. Anyone else with this problem?
No, but if I did I think I would probably cry a little. Sorry you're getting screwed.

Last edited by BigDinCA; 08-20-2010 at 08:50 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic