PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 11:40 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: The most unique Evo 4G review out!!

Okay, I left it on it's own for a bit since I know you guys wanted me to. Sorry to disappoint but it is now getting merged.

"The most unique Evo 4G review out!!" merged into "Official HTC EVO Review Thread "...I will link first post to your post edub186.

Last edited by Carla; 06-08-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:58 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Re: The most unique Evo 4G review out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
Okay, I left it on it's own for a bit sicne I know you guys wanted me to. Sorry to disappoint but it is now getting merged.

"The most unique Evo 4G review out!!" merged into "Official HTC EVO Review Thread "...I will link first post to your post edub186.
to everyone (that plans on posting a "EVO Review" thread)
Reading is Fundamental!!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

izzyforreal is just getting started
Re: An EVO rant

OK, I'm presenting another viewpoint, and I welcome anyone to challenge me on anything I say, as I'd love to have a solution, but here goes: 1. The keyboard sucks huge. The little keyboard on the TP2 is 10 times more accurate. I find myself typing one letter at a time and looking to the top of that huge screen to see what letter I'm going to get. 2. While voice in Google search works fine, it appears voice dialing through BT is non-existent. Furthermore, the voice dialing directly through the microphone is useless. The recognition is terrible, and there is no confirmation back like in WM. 3. It appears that there is NO application to sync with any personal finance program, such as Quicken. Mint is a joke. Why should I use Mint to pull down yesterday's data from my bank when I can get immediate data directly from the bank's website. I want a program that will allow me to enter transactions when on-the-go, and then sync those transactions back to my PC. I did this on my TP2 syncing with MS Money. That's the worst of it, I really love the screen, the excellent web browsing with Flash and a lot more. But dialing by voice is essential for me, and should be for anyone else that sometimes uses their phone while driving. And it just takes too much time to input accurate text. I will most likely return it in the 30 trial and exchange it for an HD2. It sucks, I really wanted it to work, because I got a great deal at Radio Shack and my CO gets a 25% discount with Sprint, but the phone just isn't working for me.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyforreal View Post
OK, I'm presenting another viewpoint, and I welcome anyone to challenge me on anything I say, as I'd love to have a solution, but here goes: 1. The keyboard sucks huge. The little keyboard on the TP2 is 10 times more accurate. I find myself typing one letter at a time and looking to the top of that huge screen to see what letter I'm going to get. 2. While voice in Google search works fine, it appears voice dialing through BT is non-existent. Furthermore, the voice dialing directly through the microphone is useless. The recognition is terrible, and there is no confirmation back like in WM. 3. It appears that there is NO application to sync with any personal finance program, such as Quicken. Mint is a joke. Why should I use Mint to pull down yesterday's data from my bank when I can get immediate data directly from the bank's website. I want a program that will allow me to enter transactions when on-the-go, and then sync those transactions back to my PC. I did this on my TP2 syncing with MS Money. That's the worst of it, I really love the screen, the excellent web browsing with Flash and a lot more. But dialing by voice is essential for me, and should be for anyone else that sometimes uses their phone while driving. And it just takes too much time to input accurate text. I will most likely return it in the 30 trial and exchange it for an HD2. It sucks, I really wanted it to work, because I got a great deal at Radio Shack and my CO gets a 25% discount with Sprint, but the phone just isn't working for me.
1) I have almost 0 issues with the keyboard. Try going through the keyboard calibration. Menu > Settings > Language & Keyboard > Touch Input > Text Input > Calibration Tool. (I will admit I do make some mistakes when typing in web addresses, and in the market, which do not offer suggestions, or correct the words) Also make sure Prediction is checked. I do not have spell correction checked.
2)BT voice dialing is coming in 2.2
Old 06-10-2010, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

izzyforreal is just getting started

Thanks, I was looking for a calibration tool, but couldn't find it. Calibration helped a lot.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work
Re: Official HTC EVO Review Thread

I played with an Evo at a Sprint store for about 20 minutes. I'm very impressed by how smooth it is to navigate around the device, and how quick and accurate the browser is. I think I need to upgrade to this phone.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Rose4uKY is a n00b

So when BT voice dialing comes out will we be able to speak into our headset and it will type or search for us.. I know BT volice dialing means I can say call so and so but I just wondered if I could say open so and so or hit the search button and talk through the headset or speak a text or would I have to still hold the phone up to me to do speech to text?
\
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
1) .
BT voice dialing is coming in 2.2
Old 06-24-2010, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi

You guys hear about the Iphone losing call reception when holding it in your left hand haha Damn well i feel even better about my EVO... I cant wait to see the Showdown between the EVO and IP4 on sites like engaget and Cnet... AN hell throw the Droid X in that battle too...
Old 06-24-2010, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent0Hibachi View Post
You guys hear about the Iphone losing call reception when holding it in your left hand haha Damn well i feel even better about my EVO... I cant wait to see the Showdown between the EVO and IP4 on sites like engaget and Cnet... AN hell throw the Droid X in that battle too...
LOL I think its the funniest thing I've read in awhile poor left handed users lol
Old 06-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent0Hibachi View Post
well that's what they get for putting the antenna on the outside of the device,
also, its the epitome of apple doesn't care how you use your phone, you'll use it how they intended, so steve jobs must hold his phone in his right hand (i think he's left handed so he probalby would hold his phone in the right)

UPDATE
and here's the confirmation straight from Steve Jobs, "don't hold the phone that way"
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/24/a...re-holding-th/

Last edited by jbearamus; 06-25-2010 at 01:29 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic