PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 11:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Use to be TP , now its E-V-O
Carrier: Sprint

jacker is keeping up the good workjacker is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jacker
Re: My EVO review...hmmm

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/...remaining.html

Found this for your battery problems. Let us know if it proves itself helpful.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacker View Post

Interesting post... will try on the EVO once I get it.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 05-29-2010, 02:43 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:

Wow. 2.5 days! Nice, thanks.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:25 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Got My Evo_Thoughts after 24hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
I wouldn't say spot on since he doesn't have the device and hasn't tested these things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_23 View Post
for sum1 whose buying the Evo, (per your avy) you sure gotta lotta negative things to say about it. pretty much down playing every feature that stands the phone above the rest. why? you like crapping on stuff for no reason?
guys, everyone, sheesh alot of replies my part and im not OP even.. i responded to soemone saying theirs NO OTHER PHONE comparable to EVO.. if you take away 4G, i showed 4 other examples...

then someone else said EVO has more features, so i pointed out the features the claims to make it superior:qik, FFC, hdmi out,720p vids.. and pointed out that 2 are available, and 2 dont matter if you dont have the Home equipment to use them on also(HDTV and HDMIout cable).. oh yeah and 1 wants to charge a $5 fee for services even..

did i say those phones were better than evo? NOPE.. did i say EVO was better Nope.. its called comparison.. thats all i did, compare, feature by feature even, broke EVO down, and simply said everything is avilable in another fashion just about and will produce the same effects.. sprint is not the first to have most of these things.. ESPECIALLY the main point their focusing on now "the faster processor which provides you witha richer data experience".. 4 US phones have it too and can run the same skyfire 2.0, opera mini(whatever ver i say on someones evo screenshot),Chrome, etc that youll be using on the EVO.. so that means 4 other devices get the same "rich data experience" EVO users will get(the HUGE percentage NOT in 4G anyways)..**edit** not all 5 phones ive touched on are Android devices.. using say Chrome might really be better on EVO than say on an HD2.. figured it was only fair to add something like this after re-reading***

to whoever said, can i video call on my TP2 and thought they were making a point..(i will say that the TP2 is NOT any of the 5 phones im comparing now is it but...).. nope, i cant on an EVO either, since me and about 80% of buyers wont be able to.. hope your in 4G or you wont be either.. hope your willing to shell out $5 a month to do so.. wait, nvm on fee possibly, i hear fring is making it happen too i thought... and skype just announced they want video calling on EVERY android device http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=6073 not just VZWs.. so that means lots more FFC phones everywhere since android so popular now.. you said other stuff too, but its all meaningless really because i wasnt saying EVOs a bad phone, just saying "if we go spec for spec, feature for feature(4G aside)" - theres 4 other phones that compare.. thats not saying theyre better or worse, just extremely similar in alot of ways..

even ive gotta say an EVO is a HUGE upgrade for your situation, having a diamond...

any of the phones i touched on, would give you a better experience all around... nothing i said about the EVO is a FLAW in the actual product.. just comparing features to other phones in its category.. the EVO is a great phone on paper... so are the others i mentioned too though is all im was trying to get across..

if you were serious about getting an EVO, and i even slightly made you re-think it, i apologize, seriously... the EVO is still a GREAT phone im sure.. and is definately a big upgrade from your diamond

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 05-29-2010 at 04:32 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 & HTC Hero

sikclown is keeping up the good worksikclown is keeping up the good work

Just an FYI Qik video calling to phone, web, and Pc will be FREE.... The 4.99 per month will be for premium features that will be released on June 4th
http://qik.com/blog/about-the-new-qi...-evo-4g-phone/
Old 05-29-2010, 04:30 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Just an FYI Qik video calling to phone, web, and Pc will be FREE.... The 4.99 per month will be for premium features that will be released on June 4th
http://qik.com/blog/about-the-new-qi...-evo-4g-phone/
qiks always been free to web/PC... im wondering what makes it a call still... i suppose theres a thread where someone has dne this already and cna explain how that feature actual connects you to the other.. via a "call" or via both of you logging into your individual apps and connecting to one another...that wouldnt be a "call" by any means
Old 05-29-2010, 10:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

@ boredandtatooed

"if you were serious about getting an EVO, and i even slightly made you re-think it, i apologize, seriously... the EVO is still a GREAT phone im sure.. and is definately a big upgrade from your diamond"

no need to apologize, as I had reservations about getting the EVO before I read your posts. I gave a couple of reasons why.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 05-29-2010, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
Without reading anything else, I just have to say you are wrong, some apps are ONLY available on WinMo, and are critical to business operation.Function over fashion!
I totally agree which is why I will not be selling mt TP2 even after I get the EVO.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Thanks! That thread is really interesting - finally some good commentary on battery life.

Super excited about the reports, that is really really encouraging. I'll be running it through the same setup specs, if I can get similar results then wow - what a phone!
Old 05-29-2010, 04:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro2, htc hero,palm pre
Carrier: sprint,cricket

shawnageek is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to shawnageek

i think the evo is way better than the touch pro 2 even with it ported to android still dont compare to the EVO. im going to like the hmi to my tv.
My friend works for sprint and he let me use his evo and i have to say i can almost throw my computer out the door with this phone.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic