PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 08:23 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC EVO 4G /Supersonic HANDS ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycakes2 View Post
No AMOLED is a letdown. 4G & 4.3" will eat through the battery without the advent of AMOLED.

Also, the memory is a disappointment as well. If the Incredible actually does come with 8GB ROM and 1GB RAM, there is no reason the EVO 4G couldn't have done the same.

One last point: If it doesn't come out before June, I guarantee we will hear about the HTC Scorpion (Supersonic's 4Q replacement) which will undoubtedly have superior specs. That's a bad move by Sprint.

I know I sound all doom and gloom. The EVO 4G is still an amazing device. I just got my hopes up with the specs, and now it's a waiting game for release and pricing. So much for afterglow.
uh... I doubt any phone will come with 8 gigs of rom in the near future
Old 03-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

oh MY
Old 03-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Unless something better is out when this arrives, this will definitely be my next phone.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

johnnycakes2 is keeping up the good workjohnnycakes2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
uh... I doubt any phone will come with 8 gigs of rom in the near future
Uh, the iPhone? And I hate all-things Apple, but if they can include 8, 16 and 32 gigs, there's no excuse for other manu's not to do the same. I mean, c'mon, they're already including an 8GB microsd -- just solder the dang thing onto the mobo. It would increase read/write speeds and prove a greater selling point.

Anyway, I can get over that. Still, I would've liked an AMOLED screen. I'm convinced it's TFT LCD, but even the boneheads at Androidguys and the new Wikipedia article can't get it straight... they're calling it AM(OLED) which it clearly isn't. Why HTC? Why two steps forward, one step back?
Old 03-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

I got an email from sprint about this phone today and I have to admit that this phone is one of the sexiest things I have ever seen

Old 03-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

fuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stuff

Quote:
No AMOLED is a letdown. 4G & 4.3" will eat through the battery without the advent of AMOLED.

Also, the memory is a disappointment as well. If the Incredible actually does come with 8GB ROM and 1GB RAM, there is no reason the EVO 4G couldn't have done the same.

One last point: If it doesn't come out before June, I guarantee we will hear about the HTC Scorpion (Supersonic's 4Q replacement) which will undoubtedly have superior specs. That's a bad move by Sprint.

I know I sound all doom and gloom. The EVO 4G is still an amazing device. I just got my hopes up with the specs, and now it's a waiting game for release and pricing. So much for afterglow.
Agreed.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Uh, the iPhone? And I hate all-things Apple, but if they can include 8, 16 and 32 gigs, there's no excuse for other manu's not to do the same. I mean, c'mon, they're already including an 8GB microsd -- just solder the dang thing onto the mobo. It would increase read/write speeds and prove a greater selling point.

Anyway, I can get over that. Still, I would've liked an AMOLED screen. I'm convinced it's TFT LCD, but even the boneheads at Androidguys and the new Wikipedia article can't get it straight... they're calling it AM(OLED) which it clearly isn't. Why HTC? Why two steps forward, one step back?
I really enjoy having the SD card option. If you use multiple phones, or upgrade, it is just nice to swap 'em out. You also have the freedom to upgrade your phones storage space to whatever you want to pay for (size and/or class speed). Apple really gouges the price for more storage on the iPhone, I'd rather have the choice to upgrade later.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G - Rooted

El Ha$oN is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to El Ha$oN
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35541; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

this phone sounds great...just curious though with ppl developing android for windows mobile devics(HTC Touch Pro 2) could the opposite be done...windows mobile for android devices...just a question...
Old 03-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

I can't wait to get this phone! I don't care about the AMOLED.

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:26 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

I'm willing to now ditch my TP2, after all I paid 100$ for it from a claim lol, How much do you guys assume on you're point of view that this phone will cost on ebay, no contract I do use skype a lot on Windows Mobile though... Is there now a skype application for Android lol? last i had my hero there was no official support

Last edited by CaliBoyPhillip; 03-24-2010 at 11:28 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic