PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 10:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC EVO 4G /Supersonic HANDS ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
my upgrades up in august so im personally paying full price and getting it over with day one and not worry about the inventory getting slammed by people trying to squeak the system.
My upgrade is in August too (last upgrade was at the release of the TP1), but sometimes they'll give it to you early if you ask nice. I got my wife upgraded from her Vogue to a Pre a month or two early. Of course, it probably helped that I was also upgrading her SERO contract to one of the new Everything Plus lines at double the price per month. We'll see if it works for my SERO line and the EVO.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
my upgrades up in august so im personally paying full price and getting it over with day one and not worry about the inventory getting slammed by people trying to squeak the system.
I'm not eligible for upgrade till August as well but I had an idea last night. I have a SERO account and for whatever reason my contract on it ended last September. So I was planning on adding a brand new line to my account, swapping numbers with my SERO account, and then cancelling the SERO account. This is all theoretical of course, but don't see why it wouldn't work.

If you're still under contract here's another idea. Add a brand new line to your account. Swap the numbers. On the old line that is still on contract, switch it to their $5 dollar plan. Not sure if they still have this plan. Its basically a plan that keeps your phone active, but you get charged for every minute and text. Turn of the phone on this line so you don't get any calls or text on it. When the contract is over, close the line. I did this like 2 years ago to get the TP1 early.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:35 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post
I'm not eligible for upgrade till August as well but I had an idea last night. I have a SERO account and for whatever reason my contract on it ended last September. So I was planning on adding a brand new line to my account, swapping numbers with my SERO account, and then cancelling the SERO account. This is all theoretical of course, but don't see why it wouldn't work.

If you're still under contract here's another idea. Add a brand new line to your account. Swap the numbers. On the old line that is still on contract, switch it to their $5 dollar plan. Not sure if they still have this plan. Its basically a plan that keeps your phone active, but you get charged for every minute and text. Turn of the phone on this line so you don't get any calls or text on it. When the contract is over, close the line. I did this like 2 years ago to get the TP1 early.
I thought I read you can't switch your number from a SERO account.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

Last edited by WarChild; 05-07-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
I thought I read you can switch your number from a SERO account.

CW
Did you mean you heard you can't? hehe. I've heard a couple of different stories. But I've spoken to 2 sprint reps, one of them being employee account reps, and they said I can swap numbers as long as the lines swapping numbers are on the same account. Like I said, my method is theoretical.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:44 AM
War is the answer!

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post
Did you mean you heard you can't? hehe. I've heard a couple of different stories. But I've spoken to 2 sprint reps, one of them being employee account reps, and they said I can swap numbers as long as the lines swapping numbers are on the same account. Like I said, my method is theoretical.
yes haha good luck hope it works for you.

CW
Old 05-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

yea im just going to purchase it outright and stay off contract while LTE starts to roll out for the other guys.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:15 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

my $150 upgrade didn't come till August too, but luckily Premier status just kicked in, so I'm set now.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Looks like the EVO cleared the FCC
Old 05-07-2010, 07:06 PM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
very cool thanks!

CW
Old 05-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yep & it looks like the device will be using the same battery as the tp2 as well..
Found out on Android Forums & took a look for myself.. Check here in pic 4 at the very bottom in the battery column you will see the model number RHOD160 to the right & if googled it comes up as the battery for the TP2

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic