PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   *5/29/2010 Update* PPCGeeks meeting other "Geeks" in lines... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=122390)

Drac 05-25-2010 03:02 PM

Re: PPCGeeks meeting other "Geeks" in lines...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yibrushn (Post 1773262)
I wonder what the correlation between winmo and gun ownership is?? :) seems like all of you guys are carrying!

*shrug* been carrying for about 35 years (and I'm only 40! *L*), exmilitary, done all types of security (bouncer, surveilance, band security, personal security, store security, L.E.-lite (rent-a-cop *L*)), it's a habit. *L*

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1773271)
its funny everyone talking about packing :-) , do you guys think its that serious? if someone wanted to rob me for my evo i wouldn't even put up a fight, i would give it to him, walk back in, cut in front of everyone and buy another one, lol. Sprint stores arent taking pre orders so its not like they would be giving someone's away.

must be nice to have that kind of money. giving up encourages that type of behaviour. fighting back and standing up for yourself, even if you lose, helps discourage that behaviour.

newguy157 05-25-2010 03:03 PM

I didn't even think that many people used smartphones in The "D"! When I walk into the Sprint store most of the people I see have stupid phones like a BlackBerry or an Instinct!

austintb 05-25-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drac (Post 1773379)
*shrug* been carrying for about 35 years (and I'm only 40! *L*), exmilitary, done all types of security (bouncer, surveilance, band security, personal security, store security, L.E.-lite (rent-a-cop *L*)), it's a habit. *L*

must be nice to have that kind of money. giving up encourages that type of behaviour. fighting back and standing up for yourself, even if you lose, helps discourage that behaviour.

You my friend, are an obvious Conservative! I LOVE THAT!

Rock on brother! I'm sure that you appreciate the work of Ted Nugent as well?

brownhornet 05-25-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1773096)
LMAO, too funny. I am on the southside, which store will you be at?

I pre-ordered at BB but they're makin me nervous by not giving me an appointment yet.

champ052005 05-25-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettocowboy248 (Post 1773302)
in detroit we dont put up with that sh**. ill stab/shoot/or use anything else i have available lol.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22320444@N08/4204839777/

haha true.....hell if I can't find anything I'll just Mike Tyson their a** and go for the ear.

shellguy 05-25-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownhornet (Post 1773388)
I pre-ordered at BB but they're makin me nervous by not giving me an appointment yet.

I was the first to order mine from my local BBY, I better be the first on the list as well.

Shell

brownhornet 05-25-2010 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1773271)
its funny everyone talking about packing :-) , do you guys think its that serious? if someone wanted to rob me for my evo i wouldn't even put up a fight, i would give it to him, walk back in, cut in front of everyone and buy another one, lol. Sprint stores arent taking pre orders so its not like they would be giving someone's away.

Oh its definitely that serious to me when you're talking about $500 cash... you're basically taking like 3/4 my work week pay home with you... no sir. I dont know where you're from but around here not too many people ARENT packin lol... 40 cal is my tool of daily choice.:mrgreen:

markus_del_marko 05-25-2010 03:10 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.0.18302/18.674; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman313
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks (Post 1772420)
Detroit MI
Sprint store on Gratiot in Roseville

You camping out?

your gonna camp out over a phone? wow ive heard it all now.

p-slim 05-25-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drac (Post 1773379)

man i have too much to live for plus i'm a 6'4 african american, I highly doubt i'm the guy they're looking for.
Not to mention i play basketball every day, i'm probably in better shape then the bum trying to rob me.

searcher61 05-25-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newguy157 (Post 1773260)
Best Buy,
Southfield Mi (off of I696 and Telegraph)

They told me they would call me on the 4th.........so no camping out nor bringing protection for me.....even though I will have my 4 month old son with me (he looks like a grown-up already) because if I have a baby in one hand and the EVO in the other.......no one will try to hurt us......right..................RIGHT? [-X

I'll tell ya what....I am about 25 min. away by I696. I will hold on to your EVO so you can take care of your son....yeah...yeah....thats the ticket.