PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to TheLovatScout
Re: How can I get this phone the cheapest way possible!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
100 bucks for a tp2 that you can make 200 selling it. you wont get a dime even if it works with the damage indicator tripped. so pay the 100 bucks
Right. So sell the TP2 for $100 is what you're saying. Since I'm dishing out $100 of my own money to fix it, and then selling it for $200, the end result will still come back to only selling it for $100, which I think for a TP2 is stupid. I'd rather let my cousin use it and if he ever feels the need to dish out the $100 of his own money, more power to him. I think the way I'm doing it is the cheapest way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgirl View Post
FYI-You can trade in up to 3 phones per upgrade/new line. If you have a TP2 you would get 100ish+old blackberry 49.99...incognitos are trading for 50ish etc. Old phones have a trade in value of recycle but if you can find nice enough phones (any carrier btw) then you can really get the price down that way. New line activation is a great way to get the price down but you are locked into another 2 yr. contract for the extra line. If you are not opposed to changing your phone number you can keep the new line and cancel the old line for the pro-rated amount if your bro bails on the bill. Best of luck to you but I have to agree with the guy that said wait a few batches...then get it.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm going to do. I also would want to wait for the next few bathces to fly out too, but I'm very impatient, lol. I trust that the PPC and XDA communities will work to iron out of the little things about the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecalip View Post
Go back to the store and exchange it. Explain to them it is causes by moisture. I was in the same situation with my Touch and they replaced it.
Lucky you! Really, lol. Maybe I'll go to another Sprint Store and have a more "wtf" attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcivicguy View Post
i believe, the fine print for the trade in phones, states something about a certain condition. i don't think you will get the $120-$160 that u are hoping for. i may be wrong, but i believe i read this.
The $120-$160 is quoted from Best Buys Trade-In, not Sprints.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G