PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuffbigchico67 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bigchico67
Thumbs up HTC EVO 4G Review!!

Ok so I just got done at a training for the Evo and I got to play with one for about 45 minutes, and let me just say that it is rediculous!! I mean that in the best way possible! I will list below some of the things I did with the phone and what I thought of that feature:

4G Speed: I live in Atlanta and was right in the middle of the city pretty much, so the speeds were great. I was getting between 4-5 mbs each time I did a speedtest.

Talk and Browse: So seems I was in a 4G area I was able to talk on the phone and browse at the same time. The feature was very nice to use and it is about time we are able to do something like that. When using that feature everything worked perfectly and there was no lag in the internet from being on the call.

FM Radio: Very awesome feature and once again it is about time for a feature like this. It worked perfectly and I was able to pick up all the major radio stations around Atlanta.

Pics and Video: Now a lot of times even when the camera is a lot of mega pixels the picture quality isn't necassarily that great. That was not the case with this. The picture quality and the video quality was awesome. I will post a pic below of what I took, but I probably won't be able to post the video. The zoom on the camera is very nice and I miss having zoom seems they took it off the TP 2.

Google Goggles: Awesome application and as soon as I took a pic of something, it took about three seconds for it to scan the picture and then less than a second for it to pull it up on google and tell me everything about it.

Flash: Ok so many are saying it comes with flash lite and it actually isn't full flash. That may be, but if it is, then flash lite shows hulu, because I went to hulu's website seen the videos on there and clicked on 30 rock and it played. I didn't leave it on for long just a minute and then went on to something else. Someone posted they were able to see the commercial before the show, but not the actual show. Maybe that is what I was seeing and was just so excited that I didn't pay attention it was only the commerical preview before the actual show. I would assume that seems it played that part of it, it would play all of it, but from I what I have read I guess not. I wish I would have watched longer and payed attention a little more, so my apologies if that is all that works and not the actual shows. I also apoligize to everyone if I got many peoples hopes up, I was just so excited and trying to listen to the speaker at the same time, I just didn't pay that close attention to what part of the video was playing. I seen video playing on Hulu and was like whoo hoo!! But I got too excited too soon I guess.

Processor: The phone was super fast and switching between applications was very quick and smooth. The browsing, texting, etc... were all very fast without issue.

Battery Life: I only used it for 45 minutes but in that time I didn't notice a drain really. I asked the person whose phone it was and they got it like four days ago and said that the battery life is very good and is actually better in 4G they thought.

So in all honesty the phone gets a perfect review from me. If anyone has any questions about the phone that I have not posted about here, feel free to post a question and I will answer to the best of my ability.

Overall Score: 10/10

Last edited by bigchico67; 05-21-2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Edited Flash Section
This post has been thanked 18 times.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: HTC EVO 4G Review!!

Thanks for "real person" review. For some reason, all the mobile sites who sent their reps to launch events, their comments do not mean a lot to me. Maybe somewhere in a back of my mind I think they will write whatever it takes to post what people expect to hear. Now regular user reviews, to me, are more valuable.

How's the weight and thickness of a device compared to TP2?
Old 05-19-2010, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic, Evo, TP2

TheMostToys is keeping up the good workTheMostToys is keeping up the good work

Did you happen to try the speakerphone? How does it compare to the TP2?
Old 05-19-2010, 10:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work

Thanks much for the overview! I'm guessing you probably didn't have a chance to try out the bluetooth but here's my question... is there any add-on app/software that comes on the EVO that lets it bluetooth voice dial without needing to initiate it from the phone itself?
Old 05-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i seen the dummy model which i was told is perfect scale. seemed as thin as the top half of tp2 or close
Old 05-19-2010, 10:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Umm how exactly did you get hulu to work? I tried numerous times and the commercial plays but the shows never starts...
Old 05-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

Hows sprint tv, I read it streams high quality thats watchable, Is that true. Sprint tv on the Tp2 is crap
Old 05-19-2010, 11:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Ive never used Sprint TV on a different device, but this 1 runs it really well. It was a little blurry, but no major hiccups or distortions
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro...EVO in a few weeks

jtemple42000 is a n00b

Do you have to have a set of headphones plugged in to get the FM tuner to work? or will it work with out headphones physically plugged in and streamed say to a set of bluetooth speakers?
Old 05-19-2010, 11:12 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple42000 View Post
Do you have to have a set of headphones plugged in to get the FM tuner to work? or will it work with out headphones physically plugged in and streamed say to a set of bluetooth speakers?
You need the headphones, just like any other htc device that has an fm radio.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo, review