PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Carrier: Sprint

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Evo 4g skip

This is easily the best phone Sprint has to offer but they are making it fairly easy to be a phone that gets skipped. Figure this, your not going to be video calling everyone becuase your one of the few that got one of the first video capable cell phones, yeah so much for that idea. Guess users on this forum will have to call each other to have some fun lol. On top of all this I dont intend to use this phone for its great internetablilitylikegodness that will suck. I hardly get on my TP2 for the internet phone plus internet equals WTF am I wasting time for. I use my phone and the net for email, picture mail, radio and random questions I need answered. On top of all of this, Android is a brave new world thats growing like wild-fire with tons of apps. But us windows users are use to our apps/cabs being free. So brave new world thats going to cost us more it is for sure. Plus on top of all this in order to be freaking cool you better whip out another $120 a year for this phone... which leads to the next point. Lol like anyone will have this phone that long the next and best phone is right around the freaking corner im sure. But guess what that phone will also be an extra $10 a month or maybe not maybe it will be and extra $20.

Sprints logic is all wrong here. They could easily steel a huge portion of the market and start a steady climb to the top with this phone but instead they choose to steal some and loose just as many. You figure the t-mobile phone doesnt have a front facing camera or a few other features like 4g but realisticly you wont be making many video calls if any for some of us. On top of this you get a nice screen with the t-mobile phone, also I dont use much internet so whats holding me back from makign the switch. Probably the crapy cell reseption t-mobile has. So yes Sprint is still a good deal, cheap and reliable.

However, Sprints good deal is no reason to allow them to throw us a curve ball and charge extra for crap reasons. They are not allowed to walk all over us, we are the consumer and they are the seller. In this world with all our choices we have the right as the seller to fight back and make our own rules or go somewhere else. So fight back!

When I attempt to order the Evo if they cant meet with my demands I intend and I will fight hard to get the best deal I can but if we cant come to some sort of agreement then Ill be sticking with my TP2 that seems to get the job done just fine. I like the UI on the Evo far better and thats pretty much the only reason I want to make the switch. My TP2 isnt flashed but its got some mods and its plenty reliable. I could use a little more volume in the ear peice but fing HTC doesnt seem to get the point on that, at least not since the Mogul.

TP2 gets the job done but its a super sized TP1 that cost way more then 49 cents lol. And even though my TP2 works just fine HTC always seems to disapoint me somehow.

Last edited by twilk; 05-14-2010 at 03:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:37 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff
Re: Evo 4g skip

Cool story bro.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Someone posted somewhere on here, ATT developed a whole new plan set at a higher cost for the iPhone and people ate it up. This will be no different. Think about $10 a month, 33 cents a day.

I bet most people complaining get a $4.50 Starbucks mocha a day. thats a 135 a month habit.

I've said for years, people add up the little costs.. they ain't so little.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
This is easily the best phone Sprint has to offer but they are making it fairly easy to be a phone that gets skipped. Figure this, your not going to be video calling everyone becuase your one of the few that got one of the first video capable cell phones, yeah so much for that idea. Guess users on this forum will have to call each other to have some fun lol. On top of all this I dont intend to use this phone for its great internetablilitylikegodness that will suck. I hardly get on my TP2 for the internet phone plus internet equals WTF am I wasting time for. I use my phone and the net for email, picture mail, radio and random questions I need answered. On top of all of this, Android is a brave new world thats growing like wild-fire with tons of apps. But us windows users are use to our apps/cabs being free. So brave new world thats going to cost us more it is for sure. Plus on top of all this in order to be freaking cool you better whip out another $120 a year for this phone... which leads to the next point. Lol like anyone will have this phone that long the next and best phone is right around the freaking corner im sure. But guess what that phone will also be an extra $10 a month or maybe not maybe it will be and extra $20.

Sprints logic is all wrong here. They could easily steel a huge portion of the market and start a steady climb to the top with this phone but instead they choose to steal some and loose just as many. You figure the t-mobile phone doesnt have a front facing camera or a few other features like 4g but realisticly you wont be making many video calls if any for some of us. On top of this you get a nice screen with the t-mobile phone, also I dont use much internet so whats holding me back from makign the switch. Probably the crapy cell reseption t-mobile has. So yes Sprint is still a good deal, cheap and reliable.

However, Sprints good deal is no reason to allow them to throw us a curve ball and charge extra for crap reasons. They are not allowed to walk all over us, we are the consumer and they are the seller. In this world with all our choices we have the right as the seller to fight back and make our own rules or go somewhere else. So fight back!

When I attempt to order the Evo if they cant meet with my demands I intend and I will fight hard to get the best deal I can but if we cant come to some sort of agreement then Ill be sticking with my TP2 that seems to get the job done just fine. I like the UI on the Evo far better and thats pretty much the only reason I want to make the switch. My TP2 isnt flashed but its got some mods and its plenty reliable. I could use a little more volume in the ear peice but fing HTC doesnt seem to get the point on that, at least not since the Mogul.

TP2 gets the job done but its a super sized TP1 that cost way more then 49 cents lol. And even though my TP2 works just fine HTC always seems to disapoint me somehow.
The front facing camera can do more than just video call, you can send a link to anyone with internet access and they can go to it and see what you are doing. They don't have to have the phone to access the internet link you send them. If you only use phone for calling and e-mail then you shouldn't even be looking at or commenting on this phone. There have been many studies that show that data is used far more than voice in the cell phone world today so whether you like it or not this is not going to stop here. And I used to have only Winmo phones, yes the free cabs were nice but they almost always screwed up my phone. I'd rather pay $1.99 for something that will not harm my phone than get something for free that will cause me to hard reset my phone every other week. Look at At&t there is a $30.00/month charge for the "iPhone" data plan, this is only $10.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D

ubigred is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKay View Post
Someone posted somewhere on here, ATT developed a whole new plan set at a higher cost for the iPhone and people ate it up. This will be no different. Think about $10 a month, 33 cents a day.

I bet most people complaining get a $4.50 Starbucks mocha a day. thats a 135 a month habit.

I've said for years, people add up the little costs.. they ain't so little.
I get what your saying but ATT/Iphone does not apply here.

Iphone was a "first sibling" phone and was revolutionary . Plus the features of the phone were accessible to everybody.

EVO is a cousin (better) to the HD2 and is charging $10/month for its usage. Video chat is not a premium feature if not a lot of people have the phone.

When the phone was first announced in March ...the buzz was super crazy and everyone I hoped Sprint would not F Up....the patter continues.

The name of the game is to get as many subscribers as you can .....if the $10 charge was a necessary evil....then Sprint should sucked in as many subs as possible then charge later on.

They stole some but prolly just lost as many.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:56 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Ahm..isn't 4G considered revolutionary?

That said everyone has to understand that sprint is run by an executive board and a CEO..and in those kind of businesses they don't care about the company or it''s future..all they care about is getting more money NOW! Remember, Sprint is the NOW Network! and Sprint wants money Now! (sorry couldn't resist the pun)

What they are hoping is by adding this as an addon they will receive some money to show good on the Quarter reports to keep investors happy. They are not thinking of actually "selling it" to increase their subscribers base. They hope to make up for it subscriber wise with the 199$ price tag. Even though it may be worse for us, for average american people like when they don't have to pay upfront even if tis more over time.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: OMG = EVO 3D

ubigred is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Ahm..isn't 4G considered revolutionary?

That said everyone has to understand that sprint is run by an executive board and a CEO..and in those kind of businesses they don't care about the company or it''s future..all they care about is getting more money NOW! Remember, Sprint is the NOW Network! and Sprint wants money Now! (sorry couldn't resist the pun)

What they are hoping is by adding this as an addon they will receive some money to show good on the Quarter reports to keep investors happy. They are not thinking of actually "selling it" to increase their subscribers base. They hope to make up for it subscriber wise with the 199$ price tag. Even though it may be worse for us, for average american people like when they don't have to pay upfront even if tis more over time.
The phone is what consumers gravitate to ... hence the Iphone.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
The front facing camera can do more than just video call, you can send a link to anyone with internet access and they can go to it and see what you are doing. They don't have to have the phone to access the internet link you send them. If you only use phone for calling and e-mail then you shouldn't even be looking at or commenting on this phone. There have been many studies that show that data is used far more than voice in the cell phone world today so whether you like it or not this is not going to stop here. And I used to have only Winmo phones, yes the free cabs were nice but they almost always screwed up my phone. I'd rather pay $1.99 for something that will not harm my phone than get something for free that will cause me to hard reset my phone every other week. Look at At&t there is a $30.00/month charge for the "iPhone" data plan, this is only $10.
If this feature works as intended, it's well worth the 10 a month for me. I'm very glad I read this. I do demos and presentations, this feature would rock! You have upped my anticipation for the 4 even more.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:12 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubigred View Post
The phone is what consumers gravitate to ... hence the Iphone.
iphone gravitated from the brand rather then the phone itself

Oh and next 4g phone will be made by Samsung..I'm hoping for it to be the Galaxy S Pro or better..that thing makes an EVO look so last year >.>
Old 05-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Some sprint stores have their evos in stock ( of course they can't show it off). My friend is playing wit it right now and she is saying buy sprint stock, its easily the best phone she's ever laid eyes on she told me to stop by while closing and I can hold it. I will try to take a sneaky picture, but of course I don't want her to get burned. I will do my best and create a thread if I can get it. Hmm maybe a YouTube, I will probably get a lot of hits once its out.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
Google is the next skynet
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G