PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 12:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc pro 2
Carrier: sprint

daniel0260 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy "Htc EVO 4G" Help On getting this Phone >......

So this is the deal guys...today i try to go to best buy and radio shack and come to find out that i am not eligible for the evo until September and my wife phone until July next year i wanted to get two evos... so on april 19the sprint called me that they woud take 70 dollars off for each line if i agree to to be another 2 years with them and i was like ok sounds good i told rep that if i was going to have any problem getting the evo when it comes out soooo now i come to find out that i can not get the evo on release date .....sooo what do ytou guys suggest i do ..........oh yeah by the way i have to htc pro 2's

Aget somebody to get a new 2 year agreement and give them my htc pro 2 free and i get the evo

Bbuy it at full retail price ...... which i think im not cause its too epensive

CWait until retail price comes down

D just discontinue service with sprint

guys please i need some advise

Old 05-18-2010, 12:49 AM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff
Re: "Htc EVO 4G" Help On getting this Phone >......

Looks like to me you answered your own questions.

And my "advise" wood be two run threw spell checker befour posting.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:54 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Lol your not gonna get anyone to get it for your TP2 thats for sure. Your gonna have to pay full price I hate to say. Sorry!

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:59 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

The retail price of the EVO is only 449 I know i say only but it is cheaper than the TP2 was new. You could try to sell one of your TP2 to partily justify the cost of one EVO. I was lucky enough to Buy my TP2 cash when I started with sprint. Dam glad I did now. This will prob be my last new phone for a lil bit. It will be my 5th smartphone. God im a phone *****.. LOL..

Shell
Old 05-18-2010, 01:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel0260 View Post
So this is the deal guys...today i try to go to best buy and radio shack and come to find out that i am not eligible for the evo until September and my wife phone until July next year i wanted to get two evos... so on april 19the sprint called me that they woud take 70 dollars off for each line if i agree to to be another 2 years with them and i was like ok sounds good i told rep that if i was going to have any problem getting the evo when it comes out soooo now i come to find out that i can not get the evo on release date .....sooo what do ytou guys suggest i do ..........oh yeah by the way i have to htc pro 2's

Aget somebody to get a new 2 year agreement and give them my htc pro 2 free and i get the evo

guys please i need some advise

Ok Option E instead of being greedy trying to get 2 EVO's just get one and pay full price, its almost the same as getting 2 for the $199 price which comes out to $400. Do you and your wife both need and EVO? Are both of you die hard smartphone people? Probably not. Get one, pay the $450 then wait till the Sept and get the next one.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

buy it retail and sell the tp2
Old 05-18-2010, 08:30 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

If you like to gamble, you could add a line and get the EVO for $199. Then pray that Sprint adds some fee that changes their contract agreement soon giving you the option to cancel that line with no ETF. Move the EVO over and you are golden. I essentially did that with my TP2, but it wasn't my plan when I first added that 2nd line.

My suggestion would be to wait until Sept if you can. If you can't then just buy one at full price and get the other in Sept. You can recoup some of that cost selling your TP2 on ebay or Craigslist.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff

What discount do you get in Sept? I currently qualify for $75 or I could wait until October for $150. I went to RS and pre-ordered the Evo. When it comes in I will either upgrade my TP2 for $275 (450 - 75 disc - 100 rebate=275) or I will get a new line for $199 and switch the phones later (plus terminate the older line for a $50 ETF).

If I posted something thats helps don't forget to hit Thanks!
Old 05-18-2010, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jrios3323 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jrios3323

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedra92 View Post
What discount do you get in Sept? I currently qualify for $75 or I could wait until October for $150. I went to RS and pre-ordered the Evo. When it comes in I will either upgrade my TP2 for $275 (450 - 75 disc - 100 rebate=275) or I will get a new line for $199 and switch the phones later (plus terminate the older line for a $50 ETF).
wow, I had no idea you could end your contract & only pay $50(5 month before you contract is over) I'm calling them as soon as I get off from work.(I will end my second line)
Old 05-18-2010, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel0260 View Post
<...>

<...>
B. It is a great price out of contract. Keep your rebate for a future model.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G