PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Re: $10 is really bothering you? Check this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I got 2.4mbps on my speed test for sprint >.>
Not 3 but damn 2.4 over regular network with no air wave is amazing. Come to San Jose and those speeds will dramatically drop unless you have an air wave.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
Google is the next skynet
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: $10 is really bothering you? Check this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
YOU may not be talking about 4G, but THAT is what the fee is for from Sprint. They're CHARGING $10 extra for unlimited cap (which strikes me as funny that they finally openly admit that their "unlimited" meant sort of unlimited) and for 4G service. They're going to load the EVO up with a crapload of useless apps that pull from the network (so they claim) constantly. I'll wait for about 6 months possibly. I'm sure the extra "load" on their system is going to kill them if they're openly admitting that the EVO is going to be pulling data constantly. As always, I'm sure they're underestimating the actual usage and are going to get slammed with users and their usage demands.

I'll be chuckling when they have to remove the $10 fee because they'll have to reneg on their "unlmited" feature when people are streaming entire movies to their phones and choking the network.
4G is more efficient then 3g..there is no reason for it to choke..mostly considering that only 1 phone will be using the 4g while all others 3g...not to mention you do know that the current wimax is capped by sprint right?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
But the shortend of this post was basically to show everyone how much vzw and att customers are getting ripped off which still holds water. Their customers with these types of phones are all paying over $100 a month easy.

While this is true, you know that going in with those guys. They don't just suddenly tell their existing customers, "If you ever want to upgrade your phone, it's going to cost you the price of the phone PLUS $40 per month extra and a 2 year commitment."
Old 05-17-2010, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

johnnycakes2 is keeping up the good workjohnnycakes2 is keeping up the good work

I agree with the OP, but I also agree with most everyone else who posted.

The bottom line is this: Anyone not living in a 4G area or a 4G-promised area has no reason to buy an EVO. It doesn't matter if it has the coolest tech or "performs better" with 3G than any existing device. For Sprint to charge extra for a feature that not everyone can take advantage of is a crippling decision. It's a bad move any way you slice it. Regardless of how valid Sprint's reasons are, it only matters how the customer perceives it, and they are perceiving getting pickpocketed by $10 each month. End of story.

I'm still getting an EVO 4G with a 25% monthly discount. I also live in Chicago, and do a lot of travel to NYC, LV and Orlando, so I'm covered. But I'm a rare case. Sprint could have figured out a better way to do this.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I got 2.4mbps on my speed test for sprint >.>
Holy guacamole! I've never got speeds like that!! I'm in Houston and the most I'll get is 500k. Which is sad considering Houston is a huge market. I expect faster speeds. Compared to my friend who has ATT, he smoked my Sprint phone. I'm concerned about the future of 4G. I've read forums about when people got their 4G for the first time it was blazing! But only a few weeks later speed dropped dramatically.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Re: $10 is really bothering you? Check this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace741 View Post
Holy guacamole! I've never got speeds like that!! I'm in Houston and the most I'll get is 500k. Which is sad considering Houston is a huge market. I expect faster speeds. Compared to my friend who has ATT, he smoked my Sprint phone. I'm concerned about the future of 4G. I've read forums about when people got their 4G for the first time it was blazing! But only a few weeks later speed dropped dramatically.
I'm glad someone feels me. I live in Silicon Valley, home of a lot of big companies, and we NEVER see speeds like that.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I'm glad someone feels me. I live in Silicon Valley, home of a lot of big companies, and we NEVER see speeds like that.

I usually get around 700k or so on the downloads.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:55 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Not 3 but damn 2.4 over regular network with no air wave is amazing. Come to San Jose and those speeds will dramatically drop unless you have an air wave.

Haven't been to san jose yet but only gotten the 2.4mbps in vegas and ny..

closest Ive been is san Francisco and it was around 1.2mbps-1.5mps max

and yes no air wave..unless someone is stalking me from behind with an airwave lol
Old 05-17-2010, 11:59 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
T-Mobile also has 79.99 unlimited everything, unlimited voice, data, and text

Yea... but its tmobile. Passsssssssss
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
I keep saying it, I'll sign a contract that says "once the 4G service is available in your area, we'll charge a $10 fee" until then, don't charge the fee in those markets.
Then they should NOT sell the EVO in those market either.
Since obviously, having & not having an available 4G network + the commensurate fee is what's causing the uproar.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G