PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 11:27 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт
Threadstarter

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: $10 is really bothering you? Check this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
But again, how is it a "best value" if it's for a service NOT available in most markets. Would you pay extra for cable channels not available in your area even though other markets have them on the promise that they are "coming soon"? Soon when? Tomorrow? Next week? Next month? Next year?

Sprint has NOT been very forthcoming about their rollout dates. Seems very odd about that.
I'm not talking about 4G. It's still the best value even if you're using EVDO.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Sprint and vzw do have more nationwide coverage, no argument here. But those that don't travel much and live in big cities should give T-Mobile a try, but smaller areas T-Mobile does suck balls.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-17-2010, 11:30 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
That isn't true, You obviously haven't tried T-Mobile and are just speaking off the top of your head. If You live in a metropolitan area T-Mobile is just as good as any other service, this is 2010, everyone including metro get good coverage. Now I have sprint and T-Mobile and my T-Mobile data speeds are superior by far. T-Mobile has hsdpa which gives me on average between 3-4 mbps, sprint holding on with 1.3, LOL. Sprint has wimax T-Mobile has hspa+, speeds are very similar. Wimax does has a superior ping which is why T-Mobile is doing lte next year.

I have Sprint and girl has tmobile and Im in Daytona beach and Sprint by far beats tmobile.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:32 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт
Threadstarter

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Sprint and vzw do have more nationwide coverage, no argument here. But those that don't travel much and live in big cities should give T-Mobile a try, but smaller areas T-Mobile does suck balls.

Agreed. If you live in one of the speedier T-Mobile markets and never leave home, there's no reason not to use TMo.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Re: $10 is really bothering you? Check this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
I have Sprint and girl has tmobile and Im in Daytona beach and Sprint by far beats tmobile.

CW
Well I don't know what to tell you, I have both, I can tether them to my computer and the results are nowhere close. Do you get anywhere near 3mbps with your Sprint phone, cause I sure don't.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
I was a T-Mobile customer for 3 years before I switched to Sprint. Yes, T-Mobile does have 3G in large markets, but that's it. They lack the amount of coverage Verizon and Sprint have. Even AT&T is pretty crappy compared to these two. In the city I live in, we have over 100,000 population, yet Sprint and Verizon are the only two companies that provide 3G. That's pretty sad.

What's funny is that there are a lot of people around here rocking the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but they're using EDGE all day. Awesome value for $90/mo. lol
Who gives a crap if T-Mobile's coverage map is as large as Verizon's? The only thing that matters is it T-Mobile has coverage where you need it. And for the vast majority of America, T-Mobile coverage is fine. If you live in a decent sized city, T-Mobile probably has coverage there.

On the flip side, Sprint doesn't have 4G coverage hardly anywhere. I don't see how you can justify Sprint charging everyone for 4G, and in the same post say T-Mobile coverage is a joke.

T-Mobile has more HSPA+ coverage than Sprint has Wimax coverage.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Bay Area Boss

Salty has a point, T-Mobile hspa+ coverage (which will be T-Mobile's whole 3g network) will cover more 4g then sprint by years end.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:41 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Well I don't know what to tell you, I have both, I can tether them to my computer and the results are nowhere close. Do you get anywhere near 3mbps with your Sprint phone, cause I sure don't.

I got 2.4mbps on my speed test for sprint >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
I'm not talking about 4G. It's still the best value even if you're using EVDO.
YOU may not be talking about 4G, but THAT is what the fee is for from Sprint. They're CHARGING $10 extra for unlimited cap (which strikes me as funny that they finally openly admit that their "unlimited" meant sort of unlimited) and for 4G service. They're going to load the EVO up with a crapload of useless apps that pull from the network (so they claim) constantly. I'll wait for about 6 months possibly. I'm sure the extra "load" on their system is going to kill them if they're openly admitting that the EVO is going to be pulling data constantly. As always, I'm sure they're underestimating the actual usage and are going to get slammed with users and their usage demands.

I'll be chuckling when they have to remove the $10 fee because they'll have to reneg on their "unlmited" feature when people are streaming entire movies to their phones and choking the network.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Bay Area Boss

But the shortend of this post was basically to show everyone how much vzw and att customers are getting ripped off which still holds water. Their customers with these types of phones are all paying over $100 a month easy.

This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G