PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 05:51 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: dan@sprint.com response I got

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisr528 View Post
Yeah and why do you think they are the #3 carrier instead of the #1 carrier.
Cause they have less subscribers then everyone else who merged together?and their merge was with Nextel which wasn't even a cdma carrier?

and cause they always had crappy phones? ( I mean they made a big deal out of the instinct )..their management make monkeys look like professors...lets see what else..oh and they can't advertise for their lives? Their CS at one point was the worst for a LONG TIME.

Quote:
Companies do not always turn a profit on every product they sell, they have some items that are sold at cost to attract business, and other that are sold at a higher margin to make a profit.
My point is that your plan is cheaper than ATT and Big V. So if you don't want to pay for the service, pick another phone, and live without 4G.
No they don't but you gotta realize even on a 30$/month plan they are making a profit. It is just not as big of a profit. Most of sprint's marginal costs are for other reasons.

Also you have to remember that sprint is making money on boost mobile and virgin mobile using the current network that they have. Not ot mention clearwire as well.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i played with the evo using 4g, ill drop 10$ in a heartbeat. the phone is soo badass with the fm tuner/compass/front camera/visual vm/kickstand/ and my fav. is the red around the 8mp camera and inside speaker grill. its so fast you just gota play with it to really see what it can do.
so it does keep the cool lookin red ring around the back camera??
Old 05-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
umm no if I take my tp2 and an evo into a 3g area and download the same file it will download the same speed. 3g isnt dependent on the speed of the device but on the network. 4g area it will make a difference and that is what the 10 dollar charge is for.. 4g.
I watched a video on youtube with the EVO & some other phone both
runnin on 3G & the EVO loaded waaay faster
Old 05-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisr528 View Post
Businesses need to turn a profit to stay in business, that's how things work. If you don't like it, then don't buy the phone. Simple, problem solved.

Yeah and why do you think they are the #3 carrier instead of the #1 carrier.

Companies do not always turn a profit on every product they sell, they have some items that are sold at cost to attract business, and other that are sold at a higher margin to make a profit.
My point is that your plan is cheaper than ATT and Big V. So if you don't want to pay for the service, pick another phone, and live without 4G.
They #3 because they network pretty much sucks compared to #1 Verizon
Old 05-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc touch pro 2

idkmyhtcpro is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj.iscool View Post
They #3 because they network pretty much sucks compared to #1 Verizon
Please explain how Sprints network sucks compared to Verizon when Sprint roams on Verizon. I have sprint because the cost of the plans are the best, voice quality is better than anyone else (including verizon), and the data rocks.

To stay on subject, I know I'm finding a way to afford the extra $10 in my budget. You want to best, you have to pay for it. Nuff said.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj.iscool View Post
so it does keep the cool lookin red ring around the back camera??
Isn't that what he just said?
Old 05-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkmyhtcpro View Post
Please explain how Sprints network sucks compared to Verizon when Sprint roams on Verizon. I have sprint because the cost of the plans are the best, voice quality is better than anyone else (including verizon), and the data rocks.

To stay on subject, I know I'm finding a way to afford the extra $10 in my budget. You want to best, you have to pay for it. Nuff said.
I have both Verizon & Sprint....Needless to say I never dropped a call on Verizon....

Bit it don't matter I like my $70 Everything Data plan & I'm coppin HTC EVO 4G...already have it pre-ordered
Old 05-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Isn't that what he just said?
I was confirmin, cause I heard it was losin the red ring
Old 05-14-2010, 06:47 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Although I don't mind paying the extra $10, I do wish that it was only applicable to those in 4G markets. It seems a little unfair to me to pay a premium for using the same amount of data that I do now.

However...honestly, I will probably be using the Evo to surf the web a lot more than I do with my TP. The CPU DOES affect the speed the page loads after it's downloaded, and shit...it's 4.3"...and Android seems to load stuff faster in the stock browser faster than Opera Mobile does too.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My thing is it's not just $10 for me. I have a 4 line family plan (all smartphones, and everyone looking forward to the Evo) so it will be $40 extra for me.

And I'm not even in a 4G area, so I won't see those faster speeds. I'll be using the exact same amount of data that I currently use on my Touch Pro 2. So why should my bill go up by a whopping $40 per month? Especially after the CEO said it was cheaper to provide a gig over 4G that a gig over 3G, and then said it would not cost any extra.

Of course I'm pissed about it. They get my hopes up, have me salivating over it for several months, and then BOOM- sorry we lied, but it will cost you $40 per month extra, even though we don't even have 4G in your area yet.

It blows my mind that there are actually people saying I shouldn't be upset by this. My dad used to always tell me, "A fool and his money will soon part ways." As willing as people are to bend over on this forum, I have to think I'm swimming in a pond of fools.

Way to set a precedent though. If Sprint is successful with this, you can bet they be bending you over every chance they get.

Another thing- they should kill that $10 fee. To make up for it they could also kill Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV, Nascar, NFL Mobile, and Sprint Radio. And if anyone wants to use those, they can pay $10 extra.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 05-14-2010 at 07:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G