PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2010, 10:49 PM
WarChild's Avatar
War is the answer!
Offline
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995
Location: Daytona Beach, Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,447
Reputation: 6335
WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo 4g skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Tegra is the chip that made us all drool in hopes that it would come out (this was before the cortex and everyone thought it would be a war between snapdragon and tegra...in the end cortex came out and took center stage)...and when it finally did it was exclusively on the Zune. They kinda stuck close to M$ and it backfired with no one using them for anything important..it also promised 1 month battery life.

But the Tegra 2 which is the next generation of the Tegra should be showing up in more phones now that they broke up with M$.
Well when that phone comes out I will drop my Evo for it...lol 1 month battery life thats crazy.



CW
__________________



FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 05-17-2010, 11:31 PM
dabackwoodboy's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Samsung Moment, Evo 4G soon
Carrier: Sprint
Location: NC Baby
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 571
Reputation: 790
dabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Re: Evo 4g skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Well when that phone comes out I will drop my Evo for it...lol 1 month battery life thats crazy.



CW
Hmmm 1 month without charging yea um that would really make me look at any device if only it were so

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2010, 07:24 PM
twilk's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 463
Reputation: 685
twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo 4g skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
Well perfect, you keep your crappy WM operating system and I will get the evo. The only thing I'm gonna miss is the TP2 keyboard. WM is an awful OS and everyone knows it. Why do you this M$ scrapped it and started over.

Sprint is investing millions of dollars in 4G, a $10 premium I don't think is all that bad.

I suppose you think DirecTV should hand out High Def for the same price as standard def. You go ahead and keep your standard def tv as well.

Obviously something bigger and better will come along. It always does. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Look how well the iphone does and at&t screws everyone on the iphone plan. AT&T knows people want the iphone and they also know they can get away with charging more for it.
How can you say WM OS is junk when it paved the way for these other OS's. Is Windows for your computer junk to because guess what they keep revamping that. I find that people that seem to have all this trouble with windows phones generally just dont know how to work them. Sure you can turn it on and make a phone call but that does not mean you know how to work the phone. Hopefully, they didnt dumb down android so people 'could all be like this OS is way superior because like I never have any um issues with it'. And isnt the Android 2.x OS a completely new OS as in they scrapped the old OS to make it. My point is OS's get changed, scraped and revamped all the time. People are always going to come up with better ways to do things and thus things change.

Also I thought 4G was cheaper to run or operate then 3G, I know I read that somewhere. Not sure if thats fact or what but I swear I read something about 4G generally being cheaper for Sprint. Plus as I stated before, Dont expect this $10 fee to go away, all 4G phones will be getting this add on. Consider it a luxury Tax that will soon be converted into a now our data cost $25 once 3G gets phased out. I bet someone release with Sprints still cheaper lol. < that isn’t the point. Times change price go up. Sprints people are business people they know what they are doing. You have to think about the future and not just the now. Thinking about just the now is what gets people in trouble.

I cant understand some of the people on here. I failed to finish college because of financial issues. I didnt come up in a house hold that taught me how important college was and because of this going to college was very challenging for me and then paying for college was even harder. My point is my level of education is probably far less than most on this forum and yet a lot of you seem to be dumber then bricks. EXCEPT, EXCEPT, EXCEPT, is all I read from some of you. Either you are millionaires or just flat out bricks. Bricks because you’re stupid or a brick because you lay down so easily and take it. I am not fighting against anyone on this freaking forum. I am simply stating facts to help fight for people on this forum. And yet some of you still make post that insist we should all just lay down and take it just like you are going to do. Well if you and the majority take it, it becomes accepted as acceptable and then we all have to take it soon or later. So I am simply trying to motivate people into prolonging this extra fee.
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2010, 07:34 PM
twilk's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 463
Reputation: 685
twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo 4g skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Originally Posted by twilk
Sprints logic is all wrong here. They could easily steel a huge portion of the market and start a steady climb to the top with this phone but instead they choose to steal some and loose just as many.

steel = steal.
fail.

evo ftw.
Look directly below "steel" in my quote from your post. Now go spell check all of my other posts and post them on here so we can all look at how cool you are because your posts are so informative and moving. Thank you for making all our days better. Better yet please follow me forum to forum you could gramer check all my post for me when ever I post. This would save me time considering I wouldnt have to do it knowing you're there to do it for me.

You are hired sir considering your free of charge. I'll be expecting you to check all my posts from here on out.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com