PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo 4g skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks View Post
wait theres cab to make the video chat feature work on skype with the Touch Pro2??? I need that!!! link?
Without the front facing camera whats the point? You can be seen but you cant see anyone. I know there is a cab for the TP2 I dont recall what its called though.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
Without the front facing camera whats the point? You can be seen but you cant see anyone. I know there is a cab for the TP2 I dont recall what its called though.
Wouldn't it be the other way around? If you have a US-based TP2, you could see someone (if they have a camera), but they can't see you?
Old 05-17-2010, 03:14 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
Wouldn't it be the other way around? If you have a US-based TP2, you could see someone (if they have a camera), but they can't see you?

well if you face the screen toward yourself you will see them but they won't see you.

If you face the screen away from yourself they will see you but you won't see them.

If your really bored and have nothing to do you can face the screen towards a mirror and face camera towards yourself and now you can both see each other >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-17-2010, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

Well perfect, you keep your crappy WM operating system and I will get the evo. The only thing I'm gonna miss is the TP2 keyboard. WM is an awful OS and everyone knows it. Why do you this M$ scrapped it and started over.

Sprint is investing millions of dollars in 4G, a $10 premium I don't think is all that bad.

I suppose you think DirecTV should hand out High Def for the same price as standard def. You go ahead and keep your standard def tv as well.

Obviously something bigger and better will come along. It always does. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Look how well the iphone does and at&t screws everyone on the iphone plan. AT&T knows people want the iphone and they also know they can get away with charging more for it.

Last edited by Sim-X; 05-17-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:26 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
Well perfect, you keep your crappy WM operating system and I will get the evo. The only thing I'm gonna miss is the TP2 keyboard. WM is an awful OS and everyone knows it. Why do you this M$ scrapped it and started over.

Sprint is investing millions of dollars in 4G, a $10 premium I don't think is all that bad.

I suppose you think DirecTV should hand out High Def for the same price as standard def. You go ahead and keep your standard def tv as well.

Obviously something bigger and better will come along. It always does. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Look how well the iphone does and at&t screws everyone on the iphone plan. AT&T knows people want the iphone and they also know they can get away with charging more for it.
I don't wish to defend AT&T but remember that Apple takes $$$ out of the monthly bill of everyone with an iPhone...
Old 05-17-2010, 05:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc evo3D

Sim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuffSim-X knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Sim-X Send a message via Yahoo to Sim-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I don't wish to defend AT&T but remember that Apple takes $$$ out of the monthly bill of everyone with an iPhone...
The point I am trying to make is people are willing to pay a premium for a premium product. Eventually 4G will become the standard and maybe that charge will go away. Do I like paying an extra $10 a month? No I don't but I don't think it is unfair or unreasonable. Look how loose sprint was with letting people on sero when they weren't suppose to be. Just gotta give it some time. If the iphone ever gets opened to more network, you will see a nice drop in price with AT&T. I will never ever get AT&T btw, iphone or not.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
Sprints logic is all wrong here. They could easily steel a huge portion of the market and start a steady climb to the top with this phone but instead they choose to steal some and loose just as many.

steel = steal.
fail.

evo ftw.

Last edited by apristel; 05-17-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:04 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

it was just announced today that an android phone would be getting a nvidia tegra chip based phone soon. if this comes to sprint you evo guys are going to be crying like babies.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:29 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
it was just announced today that an android phone would be getting a nvidia tegra chip based phone soon. if this comes to sprint you evo guys are going to be crying like babies.
What is it about this chip that would make me not wanna get the Evo? Im asking because I have never heard of it. Thanks!

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:46 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
What is it about this chip that would make me not wanna get the Evo? Im asking because I have never heard of it. Thanks!

CW
Tegra is the chip that made us all drool in hopes that it would come out (this was before the cortex and everyone thought it would be a war between snapdragon and tegra...in the end cortex came out and took center stage)...and when it finally did it was exclusively on the Zune. They kinda stuck close to M$ and it backfired with no one using them for anything important..it also promised 1 month battery life.

But the Tegra 2 which is the next generation of the Tegra should be showing up in more phones now that they broke up with M$.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G