PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 10:41 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Evo 4g skip

i totally scanned this... but just to chime in on the video call thing.. I for 1 wont be able to make video calls because theres no 4G network yet in Michigan... but people in the markets who do have 4G will be able to video call anyone with an EVO on a 4G network and anyone on any GSM carrier that has a forward facing camera as well..

GSM supports simultanious voice and data already.. no need for 4G.. theyve been vid calling for awhile now.. even just the TP1s, GSM models had a forward facing cam didnt they? sprints and verizons, no go..

so they can call alot of people realistically..... skype and qik(qiks not calls) both work on a tp2 already so those options, qik specifically mentioned for EVO like its something new lol, really play no important factor on ability- not that OP brought those up LOL
Old 05-15-2010, 03:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 20th Touch Pro

brokestudent12 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
Figure this, your not going to be video calling everyone becuase your one of the few that got one of the first video capable cell phones, yeah so much for that idea. Guess users on this forum will have to call each other to have some fun lol.
Yeah I'm not getting the phone for video - front facing camera can do more than vid chat. I have Skype and have never vid conf'd.

On top of all this I dont intend to use this phone for its great internetablilitylikegodness that will suck. I hardly get on my TP2 for the internet phone plus internet equals WTF am I wasting time for. I use my phone and the net for email, picture mail, radio and random questions I need answered.

Yeah... that's YOU. I use around 200gb of data a month. I ****ing hate it when I get a text or call while downloading because it kills my connec and drops me to 1x sometimes I have to manually put it back to EVDO. EVO should solve this for me.

On top of all of this, Android is a brave new world thats growing like wild-fire with tons of apps. But us windows users are use to our apps/cabs being free. So brave new world thats going to cost us more it is for sure.
Sorry, I don't pay for programs. Never have, never will.

Plus on top of all this in order to be freaking cool you better whip out another $120 a year for this phone... which leads to the next point. Lol like anyone will have this phone that long the next and best phone is right around the freaking corner im sure. But guess what that phone will also be an extra $10 a month or maybe not maybe it will be and extra $20.
Welcome to consumerism

Sprints logic is all wrong here. They could easily steel a huge portion of the market and start a steady climb to the top with this phone but instead they choose to steal some and loose just as many. You figure the t-mobile phone doesnt have a front facing camera or a few other features like 4g but realisticly you wont be making many video calls if any for some of us. On top of this you get a nice screen with the t-mobile phone, also I dont use much internet so whats holding me back from makign the switch. Probably the crapy cell reseption t-mobile has. So yes Sprint is still a good deal, cheap and reliable. So make the switch, nobody is stopping you. BYE

However, Sprints good deal is no reason to allow them to throw us a curve ball and charge extra for crap reasons. They are not allowed to walk all over us, we are the consumer and they are the seller. In this world with all our choices we have the right as the seller to fight back and make our own rules or go somewhere else. So fight back! Fight then.

When I attempt to order the Evo if they cant meet with my demands I intend and I will fight hard to get the best deal I can but if we cant come to some sort of agreement then Ill be sticking with my TP2 that seems to get the job done just fine. If getting the job done "fine" is all you want then there you go, TP2 is all yours. Enjoy.

I like the UI on the Evo far better and thats pretty much the only reason I want to make the switch. My TP2 isnt flashed but its got some mods and its plenty reliable. I could use a little more volume in the ear peice but fing HTC doesnt seem to get the point on that, at least not since the Mogul. If that's the only reason you want to switch ... LMFAO .. dude, stick with a ****ing Mogul. Seriously, stick with a $50 phone, hell, you'll do fine with a winCE phone.

TP2 gets the job done but its a super sized TP1 that cost way more then 49 cents lol. And even though my TP2 works just fine HTC always seems to disapoint me somehow.
Get an iPhone
Old 05-15-2010, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Mrbonner is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i totally scanned this... but just to chime in on the video call thing.. I for 1 wont be able to make video calls because theres no 4G network yet in Michigan... but people in the markets who do have 4G will be able to video call anyone with an EVO on a 4G network and anyone on any GSM carrier that has a forward facing camera as well..

GSM supports simultanious voice and data already.. no need for 4G.. theyve been vid calling for awhile now.. even just the TP1s, GSM models had a forward facing cam didnt they? sprints and verizons, no go..

so they can call alot of people realistically..... skype and qik(qiks not calls) both work on a tp2 already so those options, qik specifically mentioned for EVO like its something new lol, really play no important factor on ability- not that OP brought those up LOL
If im not mistaken didnt they say u can do the video calls on 3g as well?
Old 05-15-2010, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G!!!

mikldom is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to mikldom Send a message via Skype™ to mikldom
Data ONLY vid Calling

I use my netbook tethered to my TP2 all the time. They data ONLY services like Skype and Yahoo Messenger do an EXCELLENT job of video AND voice over the existing 3G network.

They need to be able to do a software that can access the front forward camera, and have a built in voice feature such as skype or messenger.

I travel all over the mid-atlantic, so I do a slot of Yahoo messenger with the wife and kids, and it does work very well on existing 3G.. yes, some video lag, but that is understandable.

So, all I'm saying, so what that ATT needs to do voice and data at the same time, and with 4G we'll be able to as well, but, with existing 3G, the feature is quite good.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

this is wrong on so many levels, honestly its easier to find apk that you can install on to android, apk is like cabs for winmo. I use my TP2 for internet and a modem...i don't even finish like finishin this post, i just don't agree point blank!
Old 05-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yang704 View Post
I saw a video on youtube last night and it show that the front camera have 1-2 second lag on video chat.
All phone calls have a delay, Try calling yourself and hear the delay!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Threadstarter

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Yes video calling with skype and other services has been available. Its been available because we have some amazing people who make awesome cabs. This is the first phone to come out that has video chat included no cab or app needed.

Second, yes cabs can 'freeze yo fone man, damn wat jus hapenddd yo' Oh wait I was smart enough to back my phone up and then test the cab. Not only that but a lot of cabs have forum reviews and tones of people saying I got this cab and it works no freezing. So do the research and back your phone up and freezing isnt an issue. Paying for apps is a big deal. 30000 apps times $1.99 lol how rich are you. Not that I want all those apps or even need those apps. I probably will only get a few apps and a few games. But hey with your logic I will just hope on apples band wagon connect to the iStore and buy up tones of songs at .99 cents. I cant even describe how rediculous it is to pay .99 cents for a song on iTunes. I hear there runing a special right now. 300 songs for $297 dollars. Do the math and yes I just made that up for the few of you that are going man thats a good deal... thats like 3 free songs.

Bottom line, consumers make the price. We own the market, we make the rules wake up people. Places like iTunes should have floped from the moment they came online. Fight back and show the sales people whos boss. I have a great phone family plan with Sprint its not nearly as good as you friends and family but its alot better then the premium a lot of you are paying. I have been with sprint for almost 10 years. They have great reliable service at a good price. When I heard they where loosing customers I was shocked.. can people be that ****ing stupid. I ocasinaly call other service providers to see what kind of deals they offer and they dont even compare. I always do my research and yes I look at the little expenses day to day like a cup of starbucks at 4.50x30 days in the month. I guess I am frugle.. I should be rich I dont even drink starbucks.. or coffie.

Wake up relize the economy floped because we where spending to much on things we dont need and not enough on the credit cards we where using to buy this junk. I always spend to much on things I dont need but I dont buy them with money I dont have and I usualy find ways to get the funds for instance. I intend to buy the evo out right. Going on the way things have always gone with new phones the evo will be less then $600 without a plan upgrade. I will sell my old phone for aproximatly $200 get a rebate on the evo $100 fanagle a few dollars out of Sprint if possible and pay about 200-300 for this phone. At no point in time will I upgrade my plan. I personaly like to let my plan expire, Sprint usualy calls me and then we work out another deal for 2 more years. Hell if they dont call me, them I am month to month and can leave when ever I want, istn that a win win.

I know I am not the only person on this forum getting deals from Sprint and I know the way I work my plan isnt the only way to get them, but its working for me right now and all I am really getting at is, you people are EXCEPTING way to much. Quit excepting and join the many that are paving the way for lower prices. We are the ones that are making the phone companys fight to keep customers buy lowering your phone bill.

Consumers set the price, not the sales people!

Last edited by twilk; 05-16-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

klimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Yes video calling with skype and other services has been available. Its been available because we have some amazing people who make awesome cabs. This is the first phone to come out that has video chat included no cab or app needed.
In relation to your comments. From Sprint's HTC EVO™ Fact Sheet:

Video chat service available as an upgrade to the pre-loaded Qik app to enable conversational, interactive, real-time sharing between mobile devices or from mobile-to-desktop.

Something else we have to pay for? Should be included in our $10 premium data add-on don't you think?
Old 05-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Threadstarter

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

In responces to brokestudent12 I didnt want to quote his hole post it was rather long considering it had my Original post in it. I bet he likes my red text too.

Lol rip on my other post now. You got to be kidding me, your basicly saying the EVO is something you need. Or I am assuming considering your ripping on me for saying its something I dont need but want but also want to complain about a little, so in assumption you need it. Basicly I dont need it but want it, you need it and are getting it. You are excepting way to much. Thats like going to jail and excepting to get ass raped. So Sprint is ass raping you. Im gonna fight, thats my choice and I wish others chose that choice as well. I personaly believe if it not for people like me. The law would be the only thing to keep pricing from going way up . Have a coke and smile.. or have a coke alternative that taste just as great and smile and be a few cents richer lol. Unless its Mt dew theres pretty much no cheap alternative to that. Damn you Pepsi!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

Quote:
wait theres cab to make the video chat feature work on skype with the Touch Pro2??? I need that!!! link?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G