PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 09:34 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
why do alot of people think youll have to sign a new contract for the EVO

if your at your $150 18month/2yr upgrade yes maybe..

but theres alot of us that are Sprint Premier people.. that means every 12months were eligible for FULL upgrades or new customer pricing, etc.. WE will not have to sign a new contract to get the 199 price on the EVO..

people at the end or near the end of the contract and thats why your FULL eligible, yes youll most likely be forced to sign again... but not everyone will have to.

****Im WRONG, post 16 shows where to read the fine print... even if Premier eligible, a new 2 yr contract will be required.. sorry for being misleading***

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 05-15-2010 at 01:03 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

hankbear is keeping up the good workhankbear is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: why do alot of people think youll have to sign a new contract for the EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post

but theres alot of us that are Sprint Premier people.. that means every 12months were eligible for FULL upgrades or new customer pricing, etc.. WE will not have to sign a new contract to get the 199 price on the EVO..

people at the end or near the end of the contract and thats why your FULL eligible, yes youll most likely be forced to sign again... but not everyone will have to.
Um, every time I have looked at the Sprint site and chosen to upgrade my phone as a Sprint Premier customer at just past the 1-year mark, I have been shown the 2-year, 1-year, and no contract prices. That seems pretty clear to me that you would have to renew your contract to get that lowest price, which the $199 for the EVO is.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:43 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

ive never upgraded from the website.. always telesales or a bestbuy... they cant make you renew your contract every year when you have a 2 yr contract lol

i dont mind if they do.. when i bought my TP2 on launch day, they offered me $75 bucks right then to renew, so i did.. got another 75 off my 199 TP2 as far as i was concerned at the time lol....

my Sprint Premier line though is whats up for an upgrade at the 1yr mark, if they want me to renew thats fine i suppose.. hopefully they offer money again like they did to alot of us at the TP2 launch.. im not leaving sprint, im almost at the 10 yr mark already, so i dont mind renewing.... just odd that they lock us into a 2yr deal, then after a year make us sign for another 2 lol... good con-artists i suppose lol

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 05-14-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I haven't reached my 1 year yet on the premier program, but I understood the T&C to be that you have to renew for another 2 years but you get a new phone very year if you want during that renewal.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:00 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q_Q View Post
I haven't reached my 1 year yet on the premier program, but I understood the T&C to be that you have to renew for another 2 years but you get a new phone very year if you want during that renewal.
thats if you want the 150 for the phone. If yo pay full price for the phone you dont have to sign a new contract.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
thats if you want the 150 for the phone. If yo pay full price for the phone you dont have to sign a new contract.
CW
But that's anytime I can buy a phone @ MSRP & not worry about the contract renewal.
Strictly talking about getting the subsidy.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah, OP, it doesn't quite work like that. My "upgrade price" for a new phone would be $75 off now or $150 off if I wait for my second year to come up. Which means, the EVO retails for $450 and I would be able to get it for $375 without a contract. The renewal/new line price is for people renewing or getting a new line. They don't just let anyone have the phone for cheap.

Or I can wait and buy one off eBay brand new for around $300...no brainer.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

klimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Premier customers DO have to sign a new 2 year contract when they use the full upgrade just like regular customers. 2 more years from the day you upgrade, not adding 2 years to what you have left.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cellboothmgr is becoming a great contributor

the only way your contract doesnt get extended when you buy a phone at the subsidized price, is if best buy, radio shack etc, screw up the activation process. a lot of indirect agent employees go to RS or BB because they usually dont extend the contract correctly. you can read all over different forums of when people buy a new phone at the cheap price, and their contract doesnt get extended because someone messed it up.

'just odd that they lock us into a 2yr deal, then after a year make us sign for another 2 lol... good con-artists i suppose lol'

they aren't conning you into anything. they dont have to offer you a phone at a cheap price, and you dont have to resign. if you dont want a contract, buy a phone outright. i dont know if i have to explain why you sign a contract?
Old 05-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

tommyv04 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post

I work in the business. You are mistaken. Even though you are eligible for full upgrade pricing, you do need to renew your 2 year contract to enable those prices. Your contract end date and upgrade eligibility are no longer correlated like they used to be with Sprint. And just to clear this up ahead of time, the contract renews for 2 years from the date of upgrade, time is not in addition to previous contract term.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo, new contract, renew contract