PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 05:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Use The Evo 4G With Your Existing Data Plan

I think the premise that the EVO is a "must have" is very flawed. Remember every other "must have" phone, and later on you started hating it? Wisdom comes from the knowledge gained from experience, and my little voice tells me the nothing is a "must have", and that being a Day One buyer of anything is not a wise course in life. Just my 2 cents......
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:55 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I think the premise that the EVO is a "must have" is very flawed. Remember every other "must have" phone, and later on you started hating it? Wisdom comes from the knowledge gained from experience, and my little voice tells me the nothing is a "must have", and that being a Day One buyer of anything is not a wise course in life. Just my 2 cents......
but its "shiny"..look "shiny"..resistance is futile..you will succumb to "shiny"!!!

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rawker is just getting started

I agree, i really want an evo, but right now on the sero plan i pay about $900 every two years for service. I would end up paying over $2000 over two years if I switched to an evo.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:58 PM
VIP Member

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
but its "shiny"..look "shiny"..resistance is futile..you will succumb to "shiny"!!!
I know I probably will, but I managed to stick with the Mogul after the TP1 came out, and watched as the love "weakened" (to say the least), and though I finally got excited about the TP2, I managed to hold off for a week after it's release until my questions were answered. Of course, I appreciate the early adopters, because they find out what the phone can and can't really do, plus the bugs. What scares me more about this is the switch away from WM, which despite its flaws, I know fairly well. I don't even know if Android has a registry, much less how to edit it. Switching phones within an operating system is sort of like switching car brands and perhaps even transmission type. But switching operating systems feels like switching from an auto to a hovercraft or unicycle - if you know what I mean.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:58 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karong View Post
.........Im on the $59.00 everything plus plan and while im not happy about paying a extra $10 even tho i dont live in a 4G area, for the EVO i think its worth it for this awesome phone.

I think you meant $20

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:10 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngworld View Post
Advantages:

1). You get what you wanted: An EVO in your hand.

#1 the coolness tax is a joke.

#2 the evo is the in today, 5 months from now it will be something better that you all will want. you just have to ask yourself is it worth it?

Old 05-13-2010, 10:14 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Putting into perspective: http://www.ppcgeeks.com/2010/05/13/t...eing-evo-cool/

even with the $10 charge, Sprint is still the same or better priced than competitors. For an unlimited nationwide plan with unlimited text and data is $119.98/month for a Droid Incredible on Verizon, where the HTC EVO on a similar plan will still only be $79.99/month after the ten dollar monthly charge. It's definitely not a hard pill to swallow when you look at what Verizon is stuffing down their users' throats.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I agree 100%
Old 05-13-2010, 11:00 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I agree also.

& add that what's funny is that all these little diatribe & rants about this $10 tax & how ppl are going to boycott the EVO is just a nice little facade to cover the inner battle of 'my ego really wants it but my id says damn I can't afford it.'

this is all BEFORE the phone & final details comes out.
Makes the ranters look like petulant children.
It's nice to be an adult once in awhile & say there will be better options.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:19 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q_Q View Post
I agree also.

& add that what's funny is that all these little diatribe & rants about this $10 tax & how ppl are going to boycott the EVO is just a nice little facade to cover the inner battle of 'my ego really wants it but my id says damn I can't afford it.'

this is all BEFORE the phone & final details comes out.
Makes the ranters look like petulant children.
It's nice to be an adult once in awhile & say there will be better options.
Not true...most of us that are complain it can afford it...the problem more stems that we don't like when a carrier says "this is everything plan all is included" and then when new phone comes out they go, but you are required to have this addon for more $$..not to mention the CEO said it would be free and now a charge...IF we let this go then before you know it we will all be paying 200$ a month cellphone plans with 50 addons that are "required"

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G