PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 11:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo advertising??

Sprint's demonstration at CTIA was pretty awesome. They nailed that perfectly, so i think they will get the advertising right too.

Who knows though. This is Sprint, after all, and I don't think they have ever got it right before.

To be honest, I don't even really care. I just want the phone. If I was into marketing hype, then there is no way I would have been on WinMo devices for the past 7 years.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:23 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaned197 View Post
Hopefully Sprint has learned from previous releases that they need to increase their advertising campaign!! Where are the evo commercials showing what android truly does??!

What's everyones take on it? Is it too soon? Will we see heavy advertising or is there too much "smart" in this phone to appeal to the average user?? All opinions welcome!
You must have lived under a rock...while sprint did not do many actual commercials, it is ALL OVER THE INTERNET..not to mention the Oprah mention...even a friend who knows nothing about cellphones txted me asking about it..as for actual TV commercials expect them closer to release date most likely...right now they just making "hype"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
Guess I never really paid attention but the power button on top of the device sure does stick out quite a bit, lol
Thats not the power button..thats the self destruct button..federal regulations state self destruct buttons must be huge, stand out, and easily accessible

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-12-2010, 09:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

honduranthunder is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
Guess I never really paid attention but the power button on top of the device sure does stick out quite a bit, lol

i doubt it's an actual Evo, plus.. all the htc phones I've played with have a recessed power button. back on topic, I've been seeing a ramp up of 4g commercials from Sprint recently. they're probably introducing 4g, and having people wonder why would they would use 4g, and wouldn't it be cool to see a phone capable of the 4g service. Then, BAMMM! the new 4g Evo through Sprint commercial... get it or all your friends will have one but you!

Last edited by honduranthunder; 05-12-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

shaned197 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
You must have lived under a rock...while sprint did not do many actual commercials, it is ALL OVER THE INTERNET..not to mention the Oprah mention...even a friend who knows nothing about cellphones txted me asking about it..as for actual TV commercials expect them closer to release date most likely...right now they just making "hype"

Thats not the power button..thats the self destruct button..federal regulations state self destruct buttons must be huge, stand out, and easily accessible
No I do not live under a rock lol. I have seen many online advertisements, however only from the technical and phone websites I visit. Other than those, I have not seen any other advertising and I do not watch oprah. I have asked many people and they still have never heard of this phone. That's why I was asking what every one thought about commercials on tv and getting the average cell phone user informed!

Hopefully see those 4g commercials turn into evo commercials.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:22 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

With a month to go, I'm sure we'll start seeing some aggressive advertising soon.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:34 AM
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Advertising made the Moto Droid what it is today. Hopefully Sprint & HTC do likewise for the EVO. Although, a geeky part of me still likes having a phone that no one else knows about.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:01 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
Advertising made the Moto Droid what it is today. Hopefully Sprint & HTC do likewise for the EVO. Although, a geeky part of me still likes having a phone that no one else knows about.
Everyone's just going to think it's an iPhone anyway. Hell, when I got my Vogue, everyone thought THAT was an iPhone...

"omg u hav a touch screen. must be an iphone. awesome"
Old 05-12-2010, 01:05 PM
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Everyone's just going to think it's an iPhone anyway. Hell, when I got my Vogue, everyone thought THAT was an iPhone...

"omg u hav a touch screen. must be an iphone. awesome"
Hehe. So true.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
this is one reason it will be hard to give up nexus one (beside the obvious updates) nobody has this phone and everytime i bust it out "ohhhhh is that the nexus one? Can i see it please?" I love it
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-12-2010, 01:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaned197 View Post
No I do not live under a rock lol. I have seen many online advertisements, however only from the technical and phone websites I visit. Other than those, I have not seen any other advertising and I do not watch oprah. I have asked many people and they still have never heard of this phone. That's why I was asking what every one thought about commercials on tv and getting the average cell phone user informed!

Hopefully see those 4g commercials turn into evo commercials.
Well I can GUARANTEE that it's not just on technical websites anymore. After I posted that link last night for the TNT NBA feed (live stream), I was scared that the links would eventually go away because the game was almost over. Because of that, I took print screens.

The one thing that I was hoping to capture, which I didn't realize it didn't until now was at the VERY top of the page, there was a header that said Presented by Sprint. For those of you that don't watch basketball, the NBA and T-Mobile have a current deal for advertising, but I'm wondering how Sprint was able to get this ad space since it is an NBA event. I'm going to do a little research to see if the NBA/T-Mobile deal is exclusive because obsviously there are some leniancies.

Last edited by drexappeal; 05-12-2010 at 01:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G