PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best Upgradeing option Sprint(CS) or B.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
well i hope not. it hasnt been the case in the past. i got the TP2 from telesales WAY before my local store here in Puerto Rico got them... they laughed that i was the way they got to see the phone.

lets see what happens with this phone.
It was months before the stores got the tp2 in stock, but yeah I got my tp2 on the very first day it was available from telesales. I actually told them about my tp2 experience and they said it will be different this time around since the evo is a huge deal and tp2 was never really that big of a deal, but who knows.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

crownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

if somthing were to happen to the phone do the insurence cover the phone when you purchase thru 3rd party vendors....i heard they didnt?
Old 05-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

i shipped my TP to best buy using their trade in program. i got $75 for a phone that constantly rotated the screen w/o reason and a hit and miss keyboard. that along wih some old video games and i have a $200 best buy gift card sitting here waiting for the EVO to be released. so they better be getting it...if they drop sprint i am going to kick in someone's face.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

I just preorder thru BB just because it has worked well for me in the past but I've got a few questions.

1.) How much is the out right price at BB I have to pay outright and I'm hearing theirs is more expensive.

2.) How is Telesales as far as getting it to you on th launch day? I primarily went with BB because I know that on the 4th (or earlier) I will be able to walk in the store when they open and walk out with my new phone. If I order they have to ship it. How confident can I be that I will get it that day? I hate when you miss the delivery guy and it just becomes a drawn out process

Check out my blog: http://brownhandstech.blogspot.com
Old 05-14-2010, 01:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
I just preorder thru BB just because it has worked well for me in the past but I've got a few questions.

1.) How much is the out right price at BB I have to pay outright and I'm hearing theirs is more expensive.

2.) How is Telesales as far as getting it to you on th launch day? I primarily went with BB because I know that on the 4th (or earlier) I will be able to walk in the store when they open and walk out with my new phone. If I order they have to ship it. How confident can I be that I will get it that day? I hate when you miss the delivery guy and it just becomes a drawn out process
1) It will be a lot more at BB, full retail, than getting through sprint. I asked yesterday, and the lady there thought it would be $700. They sell the Hero for $500-600. But I could tell she was just giving me an answer. But remember, BB was selling the Pre for $800, when it was first released, off contract.

2) Whenever I order a phone from telesales, I get it next day. The hero release date was Oct 11. Telesales had it for sale on the 8th, and I had it on the 9th. I'm hoping they start selling it on June 3, and I will get it on the 4th. No need to wait in line. Let UPS come to me!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If Best Buy sellin it for more than $500 I'll just cancel my pre-order
I ain't payin $500 or more...even tho I have $200 in gift certificates
Old 05-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
1) It will be a lot more at BB, full retail, than getting through sprint. I asked yesterday, and the lady there thought it would be $700. They sell the Hero for $500-600. But I could tell she was just giving me an answer. But remember, BB was selling the Pre for $800, when it was first released, off contract.

2) Whenever I order a phone from telesales, I get it next day. The hero release date was Oct 11. Telesales had it for sale on the 8th, and I had it on the 9th. I'm hoping they start selling it on June 3, and I will get it on the 4th. No need to wait in line. Let UPS come to me!
OK I'll have to wait and see I guess 500 is ok but anymore than that i'm going thru sprint
Old 05-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj.iscool View Post
If Best Buy sellin it for more than $500 I'll just cancel my pre-order
I ain't payin $500 or more...even tho I have $200 in gift certificates
Same here the $50 I put down is still good as a gift card that I'll definitely still use. I just want to know for sure soon so I can relax and start my count down til June 4th! lol
Old 05-14-2010, 02:57 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

If you dont want to pay more than $500 through bb you may as well cancel that order now. They still have the tp2 for $799 retail and I think they have the hero as $599
Old 05-14-2010, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Kmagn13 is becoming a great contributor

BB ALWAYS charges more for devices w/o contracts.... Its a know fact.... Suppose to be $699 w/o contract at BB

DONT FORGET TO HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G