PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Pic of Evo in a Sprint store!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119832)

mlin 05-01-2010 04:24 PM

Re: Pic of Evo in a Sprint store!!

WTF!?!? Really!?! That's Awesome!

Geniuz650 05-01-2010 04:29 PM

What the? It was just like out there?

piscesjoey 05-01-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdauria (Post 1729730)
I took this picture of the Evo from inside of a Sprint store today! Sorry about the blur, I took it with my TP2! :)

It shouldn't be long now. Hopefully....

Excuse me while I change my shorts....

mlin 05-01-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajac (Post 1729812)
looks famalier... lol saw one in person today to so awesome of a device still dont know if I want one

Did you see it in a Sprint store as well? Any oher info?

ajac 05-01-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 (Post 1729826)
Did the one you handle have a red speaker grill as well?

yup and I took off the batterty cover and its red trimmed like the incredible... android 2.1 512mb ram 1gb storage. I really wanan go back and get some pictures wonder if they put it out

BlackDynamite 05-01-2010 05:46 PM

Dang, none of the stores around here know anything about the Evo yet. It will be nice when I can go play with one in the store.

pizzaeater77 05-01-2010 06:19 PM

Sweet. Did it ever cross your mind to do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96bqcoO1cYU

cmdauria 05-01-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzaeater77 (Post 1729908)
Sweet. Did it ever cross your mind to do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96bqcoO1cYU

Just for a quick second!:)

akayareal 05-01-2010 06:26 PM

This nothing but good news to me.

Same you didnt also get some more pics and even a quick video too.

jobryan26 05-01-2010 06:26 PM

I am guessing this is an advocates phone? If so should be about 3-4more weeks.

pizzaeater77 05-01-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobryan26 (Post 1729919)
I am guessing this is an advocates phone? If so should be about 3-4more weeks.

But why would an advocate's phone get locked down onto a display? Makes no sense.

jobryan26 05-01-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzaeater77 (Post 1729924)
But why would an advocate's phone get locked down onto a display? Makes no sense.

Yeah it doesn't make sense. Advocates have already been appointed so thats what made me think it must have been one of their phones. I typed the message and paused for a minute to see something on tv and then clicked submit so my post. So I missed the security display part. :)

akayareal 05-01-2010 06:41 PM

I just hope this means that Sprint plans on making this role out huge and not drop the ball.

A good promotional tool for me that i use anytime i go into an official Sprint store is seeing what phone the works in the store have. Having a rep tell me a phone is one of the best phones or the best phone but they choose not to have one them self tends or most in the store dont have there flagship phone never looks good (unless they're just a BB user).

I think Sprint should either give or make every rep in the corp stores use the phone for 2 months. It always looks good when the whole staff has the phone and is always on it. Just like when you go to a Apple store and every worker has either a Iphone or Ipod touch on their hip.

pizzaeater77 05-01-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jobryan26 (Post 1729941)
Yeah it doesn't make sense. Advocates have already been appointed so thats what made me think it must have been one of their phones. I typed the message and paused for a minute to see something on tv and then clicked submit so my post. So I missed the security display part. :)

Well if it makes you feel any better, I thought the same as you (Advocate's phone) until I saw the pic and read "security".

pizzaeater77 05-01-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akayareal (Post 1729944)
I just hope this means that Sprint plans on making this role out huge and not drop the ball.

A good promotional tool for me that i use anytime i go into an official Sprint store is seeing what phone the works in the store have. Having a rep tell me a phone is one of the best phones or the best phone but they choose not to have one them self tends or most in the store dont have there flagship phone never looks good (unless they're just a BB user).

I think Sprint should either give or make every rep in the corp stores use the phone for 2 months. It always looks good when the whole staff has the phone and is always on it. Just like when you go to a Apple store and every worker has either a Iphone or Ipod touch on their hip.

Soft Launch followed by Hard Launch would be fine with me.

akayareal 05-01-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzaeater77 (Post 1729948)
Soft Launch followed by Hard Launch would be fine with me.

A soft launch in nyc right after the party would make even more sense :mrgreen:

smaxcom 05-01-2010 07:31 PM

I'm wondering what the "FREE" on the sign underneath it is all about? I seriously doubt Sprint will be giving this device away undera 2yr contract, must be a free accessory or something.

pizzaeater77 05-01-2010 07:32 PM

congratulations. you're famous.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/01/h...-sprint-store/

Naldiian 05-01-2010 07:33 PM

I am working on-site at Clearwire and the 4G network guys are working with the Evo right now and have several fully working, release models on-hand to evaluate the network integration with 4G. Not sure how the Clearwire and Sprint Wimax network ownership works, but it seems Clearwire is validating all of the functionality of the device on their network right now. They are expecting go-live in the next two weeks for the device from their current project plans.

Again, not sure what the deal is with Clearwire working on it for the Clear 4G network, but since it is the same network, maybe Clearwire operates the 4G part, or maintains it or something?

Arreat 05-01-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naldiian (Post 1730003)
I am working on-site at Clearwire and the 4G network guys are working with the Evo right now and have several fully working, release models on-hand to evaluate the network integration with 4G. Not sure how the Clearwire and Sprint Wimax network ownership works, but it seems Clearwire is validating all of the functionality of the device on their network right now. They are expecting go-live in the next two weeks for the device from their current project plans.

Again, not sure what the deal is with Clearwire working on it for the Clear 4G network, but since it is the same network, maybe Clearwire operates the 4G part, or maintains it or something?

Clearwire was the original company to roll out 4G here in the U.S. in large amounts, they were given the wireless spectrum by Sprint in an exchange for common stock. Eventually once they got large enough Sprint purchased Clearwire and now own 51%. They're still separate companies but sprint gets to resell and piggyback on their little company and call it Sprint 4G while Clearwire does the deployment, maintenance, and sells their own brand of access.

pizzaeater77 05-01-2010 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naldiian (Post 1730003)

what city are you in?

fr4nk1yn 05-01-2010 07:56 PM

I was at BB again today checking on pre-ordering. So they're playing dumb /:
Don't care, This could be good news. I'm getting very impatient.

Also good to see PPCGeeks is doing Android too.

PPC6700Man 05-01-2010 07:57 PM

Can you please get pricing details? What is it after 2yr contract, what kind of MIR's or instant savings are we getting. Thanks

vitaminjay1982 05-01-2010 08:14 PM

that thing looks huge! i want it. i also wanna know(as well as everybody else) what was above the "free" on the left and a price. im not to worried about the date as we have pretty much figured out it will be the 1st or 2nd week in june.

furiousgtz 05-01-2010 08:26 PM

Nice.....I want one screw sero.

Oldarney 05-01-2010 08:30 PM

Dude, its a 3.2 mp camera... Next time be more prepared... and btw tp2's RULE. specially for homework.

rigo 05-01-2010 08:33 PM

good news!!

S_C_B 05-01-2010 08:49 PM

I can hardly contain myself!!!!!!

Oldarney 05-01-2010 09:07 PM

Either bandwidth, Fear of getting raided *cough* apple *cough*, trying to defend his friend, or that last little possibility in the back of our heads.

vitaminjay1982 05-01-2010 09:14 PM

no...could it be? the pic seemed so blurry and credible!

edub186 05-01-2010 11:03 PM

Luxury Guy
Luxury Guy Posted May 1st 2010 9:02PM
Neutral

@FaceOfGenius Wow, the Touch Pro2 has a crappy camera.<<<<<<Lmao!

edub186 05-01-2010 11:05 PM

You had to be super excited, the tp2 cam is wayyyyyy better then that.

PPC6700Man 05-01-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edub186 (Post 1730239)
You had to be super excited, the tp2 cam is wayyyyyy better then that.

I've had one... I think that's the best it can do. lol.

BlackDynamite 05-01-2010 11:20 PM

Seriously, the Touch Pro 2 can take at least some decent pictures. I think the OP needs to go back and get some pics, even videos, if it's not too far.

PPC6700Man 05-01-2010 11:48 PM

Hell, I say snag the device and run like hell!

ajac 05-01-2010 11:53 PM

where the picture go? and my tp2 camera sucks main reason I want an evo

Geniuz650 05-01-2010 11:57 PM

I think the picture was re-sized or something because when you check Properties> Details, the Camera maker doesn't come out as HTC Touch Pro or anything as it usually would come out.

BlackDynamite 05-02-2010 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajac (Post 1730295)
where the picture go? and my tp2 camera sucks main reason I want an evo

The camera is one of the main upgrades I am looking forward to as well. But still, it takes at least some decent pictures. Certainly way better than that blur in the original post.

HTCotta 05-02-2010 12:13 AM

The TP2 camera is HORRIBLE compared to the TP1, I don't know what they changed but it was for the worse. Anyways I wish I could handle an Evo, for now I'll just keep going to T-Mobile and pretending it's Android on that glorious HD2 screen...

themuffinman 05-02-2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTCotta (Post 1730322)
The TP2 camera is HORRIBLE compared to the TP1, I don't know what they changed but it was for the worse. Anyways I wish I could handle an Evo, for now I'll just keep going to T-Mobile and pretending it's Android on that glorious HD2 screen...

I really think the bad quality pics came from the clear lens cover on the battery cover. I eventually took mines out and talk about a difference between night and day. Now my pics are just as good as they were on the tp1.