PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   How customizable is Android? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119641)

steveholtam 04-29-2010 06:36 PM

How customizable is Android?

It seems most of us here are TP2 owners waiting on the Evo. Does anyone know how customizable Android is regarding to roms and the manila hacks? Will we be able to mod the flip clock and all the other Sense tweaks? Just wondering.

mlin 04-29-2010 06:58 PM

Re: How customizable is Android?

Incredibly customizable. About as much if not more than WM (possibly more just because of Android's market share and level of development).

nevergonnauseth 04-30-2010 08:02 AM

Just to add to this, does anyone know if there's a way to disable sense on the phone, or any phone running android/sense? I just am not a big fan of the sense.

ivoryman50 04-30-2010 08:08 AM

Yes, you can disable Sense. It is just a Homescreen option and you can go back to the regular Andriod Homescreen if you want.

pimpsuprazx 04-30-2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveholtam (Post 1726693)
It seems most of us here are TP2 owners waiting on the Evo. Does anyone know how customizable Android is regarding to roms and the manila hacks? Will we be able to mod the flip clock and all the other Sense tweaks? Just wondering.

if you've had SPB shell, reminds you alot of it, and very very customizable.

4wheelfurry 04-30-2010 09:34 AM

Diamond user here, waiting on the EVO. My only question is with the aftermerket UI/shells for Android. +1 for not a big fan of Sense, what else is out there for a shell?? I know WAD is not yet running on android (which is what I run now on my Diamond), what about SPB or any of the other popular shells that are available for WinMo??? Anything out there to cover the factory android?

Q_Q 04-30-2010 10:09 AM

Just to piggyback on the OP's questions: what are the main Android forums out there like ppcgeeks & XDA that we can go to for tweaks & troubleshooting?

tokuzumi 04-30-2010 10:20 AM

The main forums for Android are (edit: the ones I go to....):
this forum, for CDMA devices. Xda-Developers to a lesser extent. Also, android forums is a good one, too.

I wonder if Sense will not be as easy to turn off, like on the Incredible. With the stock Hero rom, it's easy to go between vanilla android, and Sense. But, there are home replacements available all over the market that offer ridiculous customization. Going to droiddog.com will aid you in your search.

steveholtam 04-30-2010 01:40 PM

Thanks for the tips. I can't wait till we get a great Evo tweaking scene going strong here at PPC!