PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

prodigy215 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face Re: Evo 4G question

Thanks alot for the replys guys!. The program im looking forward to work on the Evo 4G is a program called, "MagiCall".

Thats the best call-blocking program that ever came out. What ever you want it to do, it does it. I was wondering if Droid will support it?
Old 04-22-2010, 07:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff
Re: Evo 4G question

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigy215 View Post
Thanks alot for the replys guys!. The program im looking forward to work on the Evo 4G is a program called, "MagiCall".

Thats the best call-blocking program that ever came out. What ever you want it to do, it does it. I was wondering if Droid will support it?
Unfortunately it looks like the developer will not be having an Android version anytime soon - LINKY
Old 04-22-2010, 09:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:

The Sense UI on the Hero has the ability to allow a call from a contact go to straight to VM. From there, you can just delete the voicemail. Not sure about blocking SMS, though. I think you can set that up by sending a code, via text, to sprint.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

prodigy215 is a n00b

Originally Posted by prodigy215
Wow.. Is there any way to get HD2 to work on Sprint network??

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
Yes it is................all you have to do is remove the GSM radio inside the phone and replace it with a CDMA radio and you're all set to go!!!!!!
How would I go about removing the GSM radio, and replacing it with a CDMA Radio?
Old 04-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work

... radar was being stupid... unless your a hardcore tech geek that wouldnt even have to ask that you wouldnt be able to do it. short and simple if you want a hd2 u go to tmo
Old 04-22-2010, 01:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigy215
Wow.. Is there any way to get HD2 to work on Sprint network??

How would I go about removing the GSM radio, and replacing it with a CDMA Radio?
HTC would need to build a CDMA variant of the HD2 for Sprint (not a HD2 for Verizon). That is the only way to get the HD2 on Sprint, short of Sprint changing up their network to GSM, which is not going to happen anytime soon, if ever.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC_TP View Post
Unfortunately it looks like the developer will not be having an Android version anytime soon - LINKY
There are quite a few call blockers for Android that function much like Magicall, some of which are even free. I use GBlocker from Guardam which works very well and only costs $3.00. More info here.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksilenc View Post
theres an updated one on the evo. its called friend stream or something like that
Friend Stream is an app/widget for providing up to the minute updates from mulitple sources (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc) in one location for easy viewing.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

prodigy215 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
There are quite a few call blockers for Android that function much like Magicall, some of which are even free. I use GBlocker from Guardam which works very well and only costs $3.00. More info here.
O ok cool. That program seems fine with me! Cant wait for the phone to come out
Old 04-22-2010, 11:05 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I have a call/text blocker on my hero

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G