PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo a World Phone?

if att, vzw, and tmobile jumped off a bridge should sprint do the same?

not every company has to follow what others do, im happy sprint is using wimax.. it's the next-gen WiFi. it can travel 1000 times further than WiFi, putout a massive amount of bandwidth at great distances, good penetration, AND also minimizing latency at the same time. personally i can't wait until it's fully deployed and they start "switching" everything on.

i'm not going to argue which is better (Wimax vs LTE debate) but i will say sprint is years ahead of EVERYONE, which counts for something.

ATT/TMobile/Vzw do not invest $$$ into their network like Sprint does, despite Sprint losing thousands of customers every year they continue to drop $$$ into their network, expanding by adding towers, adding wimax, etc. ATT and the other carriers puts their money into the CEOs pocket.

sprint was the first in the nation w/ 3G and they're also the first with 4G now.. and we already know they're the fastest 3G provider with the biggest broadband network in the US which topples all other carriers. Tmobile broadband infrastructure? what a joke.

why do you think Vzw never criticizes Sprint broadband network on TV commercials like they do with ATT? because they know whos the boss, so they go and pick on ATT who has a shittier network.

Last edited by sebo; 04-20-2010 at 11:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Does Afghanistan have Wimax yet? Man...they are really behind the times. Haha
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work

beleve it or not kabul does and theres like 4 towers in iraq as well
Old 04-21-2010, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

acts is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksilenc View Post
except for the fact that europe alrdy went wimax ... case in point the coverage map i alrdy listed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3GPP_Long_Term_Evolution

It does not matter if there is wimax coverage in the US. It does not matter that there is currently wimax coverage in europe. It didn't matter that people used betamax. What matters is the direction the company plans to head and who wins the war. Look at the carriers going to LTE in the wiki page I listed above, under carrier adoptions.

TeliaSonera AB is the dominant company in sweden and finland, denmark, and a major player in north/east europe and central asia. They are going LTE.

Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. is the largest networking and telecommunications equipment supplier in China, and 2nd in the world, they are heading to LTE.

Ericsson, the largest networking telecommunications equipment supplier in the world is heading to LTE. Even the CTO has called WiMax "NOT" 4G

Vodafone - the world's largest mobile telecommunication network company, has stated they are going LTE

France Télécom S.A. - largest provider in france, and one of largest in world, is going LTE.

Bell Mobility, Telus - Both going LTE in Canada.

Verizon US - LTE
ATT US - LTE
T-Mobile US - LTE

hell even MetroPCS - LTE

The fact of the matter is, outside of sprint, there haven't been any other real major carriers that have stated they are going to WiMax. Why is that? Name me one wimax phone outside of the Russian HTC MAX that can utilize any of the smaller blanket wimax deployments around the world.

I'm not for or against LTE or WiMax, but the truth is GSM is headed towards LTE and 80% of the world runs on GSM.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:47 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

I can't believe you're arguing with him. When he said there were more areas with lte I automatically turned him off for not knowing What he's talking about. Then he said Europe went wimax, he obviously is lost somewhere. Silence everybody uses lte and even sprint is saying down the line they will be able to switch their network to lte. You do realize why T-Mobile the smallest company gets so much love when it comes to phones is because T-Mobile is one of the largest European companies and along with all the other major companies they have all gone lte. Like I said 80% uses or will use lte while the rest use wimax. Sprints phone line up is about to get a lot smaller due to the majority of companies will want to build lte phones.
Google is the next skynet
Old 04-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

ok pslim who is using lte now? 4 cities 4 LTE ISNT EVEN FULLY OPERATIONAL yet u guys keep sayin its better... sure in lab tests it may be but your also not lookin at one point in perticular bandwidth wimax has it lte doesnt thinkin of tethering more than one device good luck it doesnt have the bandwidth to do this wimax in the us can connect over 300 devices off of one node with no problems in the us you will be lucky to do 20 with the bands that lte has in the us. thats the short and sweet of it. every one of the forums you must have went to have been favoring lte and havnt talked about any of the benefits of wimax... wimax is on line with wifi. where as lte is network control like gsm. thats why those companies are going with lte not because its better tech its because they can control where you use it and how you use it.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksilenc View Post
ok pslim who is using lte now? 4 cities 4 LTE ISNT EVEN FULLY OPERATIONAL yet u guys keep sayin its better... sure in lab tests it may be but your also not lookin at one point in perticular bandwidth wimax has it lte doesnt thinkin of tethering more than one device good luck it doesnt have the bandwidth to do this wimax in the us can connect over 300 devices off of one node with no problems in the us you will be lucky to do 20 with the bands that lte has in the us. thats the short and sweet of it. every one of the forums you must have went to have been favoring lte and havnt talked about any of the benefits of wimax... wimax is on line with wifi. where as lte is network control like gsm. thats why those companies are going with lte not because its better tech its because they can control where you use it and how you use it.
i'm not saying its better because in actuality they both have their upsides and downsides. I'm saying the majority of the world will or actually uses lte. Thats being said verizon, att, and tmobile have gone lte as well. Companies will still continue to develop wimax phones but with the majority of the world using lte, companies will see the vast majority of their profits coming from lte meaning they will create more lte devices, meaning lte customers have more choices.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

acts is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I can't believe you're arguing with him. When he said there were more areas with lte I automatically turned him off for not knowing What he's talking about. Then he said Europe went wimax, he obviously is lost somewhere. Silence everybody uses lte and even sprint is saying down the line they will be able to switch their network to lte. You do realize why T-Mobile the smallest company gets so much love when it comes to phones is because T-Mobile is one of the largest European companies and along with all the other major companies they have all gone lte. Like I said 80% uses or will use lte while the rest use wimax. Sprints phone line up is about to get a lot smaller due to the majority of companies will want to build lte phones.
i like the community, i like discussions, and i need post counts >_> maybe some reputation, too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i'm looking at the thread title...what the hell does lte vs. wimax have to do with this?
Old 04-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

4 cities us lte... like i staited where over 300 markets use wimax... at this point its like saying toyota will be outsold world wide by mini... wimax handsets are in production where lte wont even have the v1 of it until mid next year and they even at&t said it would be a brick.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G