PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo a World Phone?

well there are alot of cities with wimax and all you would need is a voip protocol to work over the wimax and i beleve russia is doing that on there yota network right now
Old 04-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksilenc View Post
well there are alot of cities with wimax and all you would need is a voip protocol to work over the wimax and i beleve russia is doing that on there yota network right now
Not really, I read a statistic that 80% of the world uses LTE vs the 20% that uses wimax
Google is the next skynet
Old 04-20-2010, 04:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker

where in the world did u read this... its actually about 180 the other direction
from what i have read there arnt many lte networks in place at all.
where as most of europe russia china india and usa all have wimax networks in place and in use
Old 04-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

You're seriously mistaken. Lte vastly expands further then wimax and that is a known f act. Also the reason sprint is taking so much heat for going wimax. Do some research.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

uhh i have show some of your proof i have shown coverage maps you have just stated that lte is further... i did do research and aswell as the fact that google intel comcast cox and brighthouse are all supporting wimax as well as walmart is on the group as well soooo show me some proof cause i just googled lte coverage maps and nothing but wimax certainly has it
Old 04-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/...o-we-want.html
there's another link as to wimax deployment and why wimax is better than lte
Old 04-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Bay Area Boss

I'm not going to argue with you. Wimax is the loser and vastly smaller then lte. You must not have read the 1000s of articles hounding sprint about wimax.

Last edited by p-slim; 04-20-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

articles me nothing until i see lte in the us. which wont be till later this year when sprint alrdy has wimax in place and do u know why wimax more than likley will win this cause of the simple fact that sprint owns the spectrum and in the wireless game spectrum is king.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

acts is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksilenc View Post
articles me nothing until i see lte in the us. which wont be till later this year when sprint alrdy has wimax in place and do u know why wimax more than likley will win this cause of the simple fact that sprint owns the spectrum and in the wireless game spectrum is king.
You're right articles mean nothing, however, I have to side with p-slim. It's common knowledge that sprint got slammed for going wimax whereas the rest of the big providers plan to head down the LTE path (ATT, Verizon, TMobile). In fact, if you research, Europe is going to be LTE, they've already set aside the spectrum, and it's the proper path to head towards given that it's the upgrade path for GSM.

Majority of the world is GSM, and that majority will most likely head down the LTE path because that's the upgrade path for GSM. This is why UMS technology for the CDMA path was mostly discontinued and abandoned.

I personally think the only reason Sprint went with WiMAX was to try to gain an edge in the 4G race, knowing that LTE will take a couple more years to deploy. Think about it, they're already behind Verizon and ATT. Why spend so much money going from CDMA to LTE when they can use WiMAX and try to catch up? They need to get an edge somewhere before they get crushed. Ultimately, WiMAX will replace wifi, but Cell Companies will run their networks on LTE. That's my opinion, anyways. That being said, I'm sticking with sprint in the short term, because that's cheaper for me as a consumer, and I still get the added benefit of "3G/4G" until the next contract is up 2-3 years from now.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

except for the fact that europe alrdy went wimax ... case in point the coverage map i alrdy listed

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G