PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This is the reason I can't switch to the EVO from VZW.

"Usage Limitation: Sprint may terminate service if (1) more than 800 minutes, (2) a majority of minutes or (3) a majority of kilobytes in a given month are used while roaming."

I was booted from At&t's network because of this. I had an iPhone for all of 3 weeks before they cut me off. I failed to read the "fine print".

As far I know, Verizon doesn't not have this clause in their contract. Besides, I have never been able to find an area to roam in. I might be paying more per month, but at least I can depend on not getting shut down.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: This is the reason I can't switch to the EVO from VZW.

you shouldn't be on a carrier where all your minutes are going to be roaming minutes anyway.. if you're using more roam minutes than local minutes it's obviously not the correct carrier for you.

vzw will never have or get the phones sprint gets anyway, and if they do expect to wait a year or more for it,.. good luck getting the Evo on vzw though.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:31 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvandyck7 View Post
"Usage Limitation: Sprint may terminate service if (1) more than 800 minutes, (2) a majority of minutes or (3) a majority of kilobytes in a given month are used while roaming."

I was booted from At&t's network because of this. I had an iPhone for all of 3 weeks before they cut me off. I failed to read the "fine print".

As far I know, Verizon doesn't not have this clause in their contract. Besides, I have never been able to find an area to roam in. I might be paying more per month, but at least I can depend on not getting shut down.
First of all AT&T is a jerk..mostly with their iphone...second of all Sprint is probably the most lax carrier their is...I haven't heard any incidence of sprint terminating due to that...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work

haha funny i go over 5 gig and sprint never tells me nothing and about mins on roaming i use to roam and put my phone on roaming for ev but now i dont have to i have 4g and ev but in other words i never got over charge oh yea the limitation is for data cards not ur phone and u can roma on phone it goes twards ur mins or ur night and weekend but if u every switch to sprint make sure u get good coverage becuase 1x blows i was 1x for like 7 yeas until this year we got our ev and 4g about 10 month ago yea sprint skip ev

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 04-15-2010, 10:53 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sprint does set a limit to how many roaming minutes you can use, lets face it, the more roam you use the more it costs Sprint. They are able to offer a limited amount of roam because they pay fees to people who own the towers, if you go over the limit they have to pay overages that they pass to you, makes business sense.
As mentioned previously, you should find a provider in which you roam less on. Roaming means you're using a tower not owned or leased by your provider.
As far as data limits, I know I use a lot of data and have never received an additional fee for the data, you can even use roaming data with Sprint (within reason) without being charged extra.
All carriers have a cap on roaming, as I said it only make business sense.
http://stopthecap.com/2010/03/01/cla...-data-charges/
Old 04-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I got a "warning" a while back for roaming. Nothing ever came of it lol, so I am not to worried.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

This is truly a YMMV situation. In the Atlanta area, Sprint functions flawlessly. And with 4G up and running, I'm ready to go for the Evo release. I only go into roaming when I'm in certain parts of our "metro" system.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

well when i get my hands on a evo i will have it on verizon asap, and i dont mean via roaming!!

Old 04-17-2010, 06:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

animez is keeping up the good workanimez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
vzw will never have or get the phones sprint gets anyway, and if they do expect to wait a year or more for it,.. good luck getting the Evo on vzw though.
But they will have the HTC Incredible (possibly this month) which is quite nice. No 4G, but VZW has none to offer yet.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Iron.Wraith is keeping up the good workIron.Wraith is keeping up the good work

My brother was on Sprint recently. Their coverage is very slim here in E Ky. He was traveling back and forth to Tenneesee due to work. His wife's phone stayed in a roam area and they eventually cut that phone from the contract. I have line of sight to a Sprint tower from my house so I'm good to go. Althought it will be after the next ice age before I get 4G here

From what I've seen Sprint, seems to let some slide and not others.

I have a friend on Verizon who roams most of the time here and has had the contract for a year at least I think.

I can't wait to hear some feedback on the EVO when it hits

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G