PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 07:29 AM
w2n
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6950 touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

w2n is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: This is the reason I can't switch to the EVO from VZW.

i have Sprint & have tethered repeatedly when necessary for network access. i've never been threatened nor worried. I also don't have a SERO plan. Mostly because i have 8 handsets and am giving them about $180 per month on average & add to that i've been their customer for the past decade...

I think they do treat some people differently who deserve it because of their situation or circumstances. It's how business works. If you're abusing the system and complaining all the time, they'll kick you to the curb. If you're using the service reasonably, pay on-time, in full, and don't waste their time with petty issues, you can quickly become a VIP.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yeah i agree.. if you have just a $30 sero plan and contantly are roaming and using a lot of data, it may be worth it for them to get rid of you.. however if you have a couple lines and pay $90-$100+ a month then they may treat you differently. im pretty sure they manually audit accounts and it's not automated..
Old 04-18-2010, 10:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron.Wraith View Post
Althought it will be after the next ice age before I get 4G here
Don't count yourself out just yet. It's really not up to Sprint where their 4G network shows up... they aren't the ones actually building it. They have contracted with ClearWire to piggyback on their Wi-Max network, so it's ClearWire who will decide where 4G coverage gets put in... I'm sure Sprint has some input since they are a pretty big investor in ClearWire but ultimately the final say comes from ClearWire, I'm sure.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrigham View Post
Don't count yourself out just yet. It's really not up to Sprint where their 4G network shows up... they aren't the ones actually building it. They have contracted with ClearWire to piggyback on their Wi-Max network, so it's ClearWire who will decide where 4G coverage gets put in... I'm sure Sprint has some input since they are a pretty big investor in ClearWire but ultimately the final say comes from ClearWire, I'm sure.
sprint is the supreme share holder (over 50%) so what they say pretty much goes.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

sprint's new plans include nationwide, no roaming...69.99 individual 129.99 share plan. roaming is not even detailed on the bill. but do read your contract regardless of carrier. no worries. and can't wait for 4g to go nationwide. no projected date announced officially yet but can't be that far off.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to cwbeasley Send a message via Yahoo to cwbeasley

Please don't believe the hype, sprint does term people for excessive roaming. What they don't tell you is that you only get 2 letters, the first a warning letter, and if you continue that, they send you a final letter.

That final letter is EXACTLY that. If you really do read it carefully, the final letter, it tells you to find another carrier. What it does not tell you, is that the system will automate your termination. These come in waves. We just had a wave of these happen this month, for letters sent out as far back as August.

It IS automated. Sprint does not manually review these.

We got a lot of calls about people curious why their phones suddenly stopped working, even though they had just paid their bill. Upon further research into the account, we discovered they had all been previously warned.

Long story short, excessive roaming applies to voice capable devices, and to data only capable devices. The majority of the time most people don't violate this to the point where the system locks on to them, but don't think that it doesn't exist.

And just know if it happens to you, there's absolutely nothing account services can do for you, we just can't.

My 2 cents.

Nope, I just read a lot.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Pao
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Pao is keeping up the good workPao is keeping up the good work

You live in New Mexico....

Isn't it kinda guaranteed that you're gonna be limited on who you can use for wireless services?
Old 04-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
you shouldn't be on a carrier where all your minutes are going to be roaming minutes anyway.. if you're using more roam minutes than local minutes it's obviously not the correct carrier for you.

vzw will never have or get the phones sprint gets anyway, and if they do expect to wait a year or more for it,.. good luck getting the Evo on vzw though.
That's just it... I didn't read the fine print.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pao View Post
You live in New Mexico....

Isn't it kinda guaranteed that you're gonna be limited on who you can use for wireless services?
LOL. Yeah. I have lived here (due to work) for the past 9 months. Service is VERY limited. Verizon and Sprint are both good where I live, but Sprint craps out as soon as I get out of town. Verizon pretty much works anywhere I go (I have a Nextel work phone that's how I can tell). I move around the country alot so I have to stick with Verizon to be on the safe side.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbeasley View Post
Please don't believe the hype, sprint does term people for excessive roaming. What they don't tell you is that you only get 2 letters, the first a warning letter, and if you continue that, they send you a final letter.

That final letter is EXACTLY that. If you really do read it carefully, the final letter, it tells you to find another carrier. What it does not tell you, is that the system will automate your termination. These come in waves. We just had a wave of these happen this month, for letters sent out as far back as August.

It IS automated. Sprint does not manually review these.

We got a lot of calls about people curious why their phones suddenly stopped working, even though they had just paid their bill. Upon further research into the account, we discovered they had all been previously warned.

Long story short, excessive roaming applies to voice capable devices, and to data only capable devices. The majority of the time most people don't violate this to the point where the system locks on to them, but don't think that it doesn't exist.

And just know if it happens to you, there's absolutely nothing account services can do for you, we just can't.

My 2 cents.
Sorry for the double post, I didn't want to make my last post super long. This is kinda how AT&T cut me off. First, they sent a text as a first warning followed by a letter. 2nd, they removed my off network privilages and a 2nd letter stating final warning. My iPhone was then rendered useless since I am in a 100% roaming area. They then charged me an early termination fee to cancel (after returning my iPhone 3GS 32gb), even though they are the ones who canned me. They even charged me an additional $150 for the crappy service I received (a total of $325). I had to threaten them with my lawyer to get out of it all. AT&T is a joke.
Basically, I never want to have to go through that again... for any phone.
IT'S TRUE THAT A PHONE ONLY AS GOOD AS IT'S NETWORK!
Old 04-19-2010, 02:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvandyck7 View Post
"Usage Limitation: Sprint may terminate service if (1) more than 800 minutes, (2) a majority of minutes or (3) a majority of kilobytes in a given month are used while roaming."

I was booted from At&t's network because of this. I had an iPhone for all of 3 weeks before they cut me off. I failed to read the "fine print".

As far I know, Verizon doesn't not have this clause in their contract. Besides, I have never been able to find an area to roam in. I might be paying more per month, but at least I can depend on not getting shut down.
why would you switch? isn't the HTC incredible coming to verizon?

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G