PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: I understand sprint is loosing money on the sero plans. if we bought EVO, Nexus1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
esn cloning is illegal and illegal to talk about on this website.
That is correct, ESN cloning is illegal and discussion of it will not be tolerated on this site. If anyone has not done so, I would recommend that you take the time to read our Site Rules immediately.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this rule, or any other rule, please contact me or another mod/admin.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:25 AM
w2n
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6950 touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

w2n is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: I understand sprint is loosing money on the sero plans. if we bought EVO, Nexus1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ052005 View Post
No, the $20 credit was easy to get. Normal CS reps could have done it. It was a promo Sprint had going on to get customers to switch.
So to clarify, you're getting a $20 cut off the top of the plan to start & then applying a % discount for your bill? (is this only good for 12 or 24 months?)

If so then i'm definitely on board with updating my plans if they could cut $20 off one or both.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

cough**dead**cough***horse***cough cough
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

BlaqMogul is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to BlaqMogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesantos83 View Post
I left sprint everything plan for the boost everything plan and I got my touch pro 2 on it. that's a ton of savings a year..
i didnt know that i could use a TP2 on Boost.....how does that work?
Old 04-19-2010, 03:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to cwbeasley Send a message via Yahoo to cwbeasley

Wow, now I'm starting to see why some of the calls I get are people demanding to get stuff that is old as hell.

First off, $20 for 24 months is dead and gone. It was a 4th quarter promotion, it's no longer being offered. It's been replaced by a $10 for 24 months option. That's the best you're gonna get, if you're qualified to get it.

Secondly, if you're gonna call in to cancel, if you get someone not in Orlando, well, be prepared to cancel. You can get a lot of bee's with a stick, but you can get the entire hive with honey. Don't make empty threats you aren't prepared to back up by changing carriers, paying an ETF, etc etc. If you're gonna try to get retention specials, you need to know a couple of things:
1. You have to put your account at risk. The more lines you have a risk, the more chances you have of getting "what is being offered." More on this later.
2. If you have called in the previous 180 days prior to today's date, don't expecting a helping hand. People who call in on a regular basis placing their accounts "at risk" are viewed as pretty much a waste of time, they're just fishing for a discount or some sort. Problem is, when you accept a retention discount, the system doesn't allow them to be stack-able, meaning, you're wasting everyone's time including your own. It's not that no one wants to do it, it just can't be done, and asking a million different ways won't change that. That call will get escalated, and you will be at that point, wasting only your own time. Can't say I didn't try to warn you.
3. Everyone is trying to skirt the everything data plan. Heads up, if it were up to us, we'd let you do it so that you'd stop crying, but we can't. I'd like to, I just can't. The system won't allow the esn swap to complete unless you change to a compatible plan. Truth be told, tech support use to have a way around this, then some stupid message board told the world, every stupid tech on the planet started doing it, corporate noticed, locked that up too. So there may be a new way to skirt it, but guess what, the techs who know how to do it aren't saying a word about it. Funny how that works.
If you don't want to change your plan to the everything data plan or simply everything data plan, change carriers. It's just that simple. If you don't like the way sprint does business, do business with someone else. No one is forcing us to upgrade to the smartphones, if you want it, play ball, if you don't, don't play. It's really just that simple. You're trying to circumvent something that can only be circumvented by not doing it. Keep your phone, or upgrade to a phone that doesn't require one, the the Touch Pro 2. It's fully compatible with non Everything Data plans.

I'm just trying to help and drop some knowledge of how you can significantly make your own life easier. You want a retention offer? 2 year contract, no if's and's or but's. You want to keep your plan but get that new phone that requires an Everything Data plan? It's not gonna happen. You crying about how unfair it is isn't changing anything, and to be honest, no one cares, not even me, and I love helping people.

Just from an insiders view, just trying to help out a little.

Nope, I just read a lot.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to cwbeasley Send a message via Yahoo to cwbeasley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqMogul View Post
i didnt know that i could use a TP2 on Boost.....how does that work?
Boost CDMA! It's pretty awesome.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP6945~Mogul~TP~TP2~EVO
Carrier: Sprint - RIP Sero Plan \ Current: BP F&F

demolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good work

[QUOTE=sebo;1701251]

i have a 10 yr old unlimited plan (not sero) includes unlimited data, unlimited sms, unlimited mobile-to-mobile, etc. and i pay $80 a month.

{/QUOTE]

the new regular unlimited plan is only 69.99 u should jump on that on ..$10 less for the same thing .. then u can get an andriod .. palm .. or nexus
Old 04-21-2010, 07:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

[QUOTE=demolasko;1706937]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post

i have a 10 yr old unlimited plan (not sero) includes unlimited data, unlimited sms, unlimited mobile-to-mobile, etc. and i pay $80 a month.

{/QUOTE]

the new regular unlimited plan is only 69.99 u should jump on that on ..$10 less for the same thing .. then u can get an andriod .. palm .. or nexus
no data, no sms, etc on the $70 plan.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre baby!

z28marols1 is keeping up the good workz28marols1 is keeping up the good work

[QUOTE=dbldwn02;1710566]
Quote:
Originally Posted by demolasko View Post
no data, no sms, etc on the $70 plan.

Wait, what?? The $70 plan is:

Unlimited data
Unlimited messaging (SMS, MMS, email)
450 Anytime Minutes
Unlimited Mobile to Mobile (via Any Mobile, Any Time)
Navigation

Its an awesome plan in comparison...
Old 04-21-2010, 09:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre baby!

z28marols1 is keeping up the good workz28marols1 is keeping up the good work

As a side note, has anybody noticed that, on average atleast, the newer smartphones use a lot more bandwidth doing the basics than the smartphones of old? Just doing the basics on my Pre I use 5 times more data than i did on my touch pro. Data bandwidth does cost sprint money, which is probably the number one reason these bandwidth intensive phones are requiring a plan upgrade.

And yes, I absolutely love beating a dead horse.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G