PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to champ052005
Re: I understand sprint is loosing money on the sero plans. if we bought EVO, Nexus1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
lets put it this way, if all legacy customers (on OLD plans) decided to leave, Sprint would go bankrupt.. nuff said.

But dude, that is what me and P-Slim are trying to tell you.

Your whole argument is why should you have to upgrade your plan to a higher priced plan. But you said that if people left Sprint to another carrier, they would be paying nearly 1.5 times more than what you would pay for Sprint.

So my question is, why wouldn't you just upgrade to the everything plan?
Old 04-15-2010, 08:51 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: I understand sprint is loosing money on the sero plans. if we bought EVO, Nexus1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ052005 View Post
But dude, that is what me and P-Slim are trying to tell you.

Your whole argument is why should you have to upgrade your plan to a higher priced plan. But you said that if people left Sprint to another carrier, they would be paying nearly 1.5 times more than what you would pay for Sprint.

So my question is, why wouldn't you just upgrade to the everything plan?
Cause people are easily blinded by the rage of how sprint is now asking for more money and ripping them off that they would switch carriers even if its more expensive just to prove a point?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
your insane
lol.. just remember these new everything plans only started 2 years ago.. how many new customers could they have gained compared to the other customers that were there prior to these new plans?

and as gTen pointed out above, Boost (SPRINT's NETWORK) prepaid customers get UNLIMITED everything for $50. guess they're losing money from them too, huh?

i understand where you come from though, some people have a problem with other customers getting the exact service for cheaper while they pay more
Old 04-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
lol.. just remember these new everything plans only started 2 years ago.. how many new customers could they have gained compared to the other customers that were there prior to these new plans?

and as gTen pointed out above, Boost (SPRINT's NETWORK) prepaid customers get UNLIMITED everything for $50. guess they're losing money from them too, huh?

i understand where you come from though, some people have a problem with other customers getting the exact service for cheaper while they pay more
your last point is why they are making the sep plans, to many legacy plans that aren't fair. Boost network isn't there to compete with sprint, tmobile, att or verizon, its there to compete with metro pcs where they get unlimited everything for $45 including tax.
Google is the next skynet
Old 04-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:

I have to be honest, do you even call landlines? you think you will use more then 500 landline minutes? For the average customer they would be doing you a favor by saving you $10 a month. You pay 79.99 and your upset about 69.99 or even 59.99 if you complain hard enough and they put you on a friends and family plan. in most cases if your job requires you to talk to lanlines phones often or most of the day, more then likely
you have a landline yourself either in the office or at the home office.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

actually i don't even use over 400~ minutes a month... i could probably even switch to the simply everything plan for $70 a month and save money but figured my current unlimited $80 plan is great if/when i need to use extra minutes.

i'll decide what im going to do once the Evo details/pricing/(new 4g plans if any) are announced.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
You're wrong. sprint isn't making a dime off sero users. its funny you think those 29.99 plans are whats keeping sprint alive. if that was the case why not just make all plans that price, they would kill the market. They are still the top 3 provider and the only reason att is up there is because of the iphone, that simple.
Some wild and interesting thoughts in this thread. So I'll just give my .02 to it.

1. Sprint has to be making money off my SERO plan in the very least. My wife and I use a combined 1GB or less of bandwidth per month and routinely go way under our minutes and sometimes have to pay overages. I also have TEP as well. I am 100% sure Sprint makes money off of my two 30$ per month SERO plans. (probably not much, but that's not the point).

Now, some people are abusing their SERO plans and tethering like crazy and using google voice for a billion minutes a month. I am sure Sprint is losing money off of those.

I am very thankful and loyal to Sprint for offering such a low price and I basically paid full price for my TP2.

I've had this plan now for 3 years and I knew it wouldn't last forever. Although I do agree that Sprint would probably be better served to allow their exclusive devices to work with SERO, and I'd even be willing to pay a monthly surcharge to keep my plan. In the end, Sprint is hemorrhaging customers and money, and can use all of the loyal customers they can get.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
Some wild and interesting thoughts in this thread. So I'll just give my .02 to it.

1. Sprint has to be making money off my SERO plan in the very least. My wife and I use a combined 1GB or less of bandwidth per month and routinely go way under our minutes and sometimes have to pay overages. I also have TEP as well. I am 100% sure Sprint makes money off of my two 30$ per month SERO plans. (probably not much, but that's not the point).

Now, some people are abusing their SERO plans and tethering like crazy and using google voice for a billion minutes a month. I am sure Sprint is losing money off of those.

I am very thankful and loyal to Sprint for offering such a low price and I basically paid full price for my TP2.

I've had this plan now for 3 years and I knew it wouldn't last forever. Although I do agree that Sprint would probably be better served to allow their exclusive devices to work with SERO, and I'd even be willing to pay a monthly surcharge to keep my plan. In the end, Sprint is hemorrhaging customers and money, and can use all of the loyal customers they can get.

Yea man, I think Sprint realizes that as long as their everything plans are still considerably lower than the other major competitors, customers will stay with them. And that's why the Legacy and Sero plan to everything plan transition is working.

If people would leave Sprint for phones, the only thing other carriers have over Sprint is ATT with the iphone when you really think about it. The N1 is rumored to be coming to Sprint. Incredible for Verizon...well with the Evo coming out this is not really an argument.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Boost mobile CDMA

hesantos83 is just getting started

I left sprint everything plan for the boost everything plan and I got my touch pro 2 on it. that's a ton of savings a year..
Old 04-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesantos83 View Post
I left sprint everything plan for the boost everything plan and I got my touch pro 2 on it. that's a ton of savings a year..
yep, and some people here insist sprint is losing money on their legacy plan customers.. switch from paying $70-80 to $50 for unlimited everything and for sure sprint will make more money. i rest my case lol.....

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G