PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I understand sprint is loosing money on the sero plans. if we bought EVO, Nexus1.

some people refuse to let go what they have, it doesn't matter to some to leave a company and go with someone else even if it means paying more. its about not being forced to do something they THINK they shouldn't have to do.. like they say, the customer is always right

it's sort of like buying a brand new car and then being forced to upgrade to a new car a few years later if you want to keep driving it on the freeway, or buying a new car but it can't be driven on the freeway because you don't have the correct model (plan). bad analogy, maybe

imo sprint is creating a mess. search around the net and you'll see the thousands of people cloning ESN just to retain their plan to get a newer phone. yes it's technically illegal, but it just shows you the determination people have to keep their current plan.. it's only going to get worse.

Last edited by sebo; 04-24-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

entropism is keeping up the good workentropism is keeping up the good workentropism is keeping up the good work
Re: I understand sprint is loosing money on the sero plans. if we bought EVO, Nexus1.

I have no sympathy, to be honest. Yes, I was on the SERO plan before I was an employee, and yes, I got everything under the sun for free. But, and this is key: I knew that my plan had caveats and restrictions, and if I wanted to get around those, I'd HAVE to go to a normal plan.

By the way, people know WHAT SERO is, correct? Sprint EMPLOYEE Retention Plan. It's offered to employees who leave the company. It was never supposed to be a referral plan, nor was it supposed to be public, but desperate and stupid executives do stupid and desperate things. Honestly, if they wanted to, they could say that you can't renew your contract without putting yourself in a new plan. Honestly, I think they will, and soon.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:14 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
it's sort of like buying a brand new car and then being forced to upgrade to a new car a few years later if you want to keep driving it on the freeway, or buying a new car but it can't be driven on the freeway because you don't have the correct model (plan). bad analogy, maybe
yes bad example, for the example itself, yes the government can regulate vehicles but they can't impose anything ex post facto

secondly, i don't remember seeing anywhere in the terms of service that you were guaranteed to right to use any phone on any plan, like the previous post states (to a larger extent) plans have restrictions

and in the example you provided you state that in order to keep using service you have to upgrade or buy a new car, but you don't have to. you can keep using the phone you have and the service you have all you want,
however if you want a new phone you have to play the game, just like when you got your phone in the first place, you wanted a discounted phone, you signed a contract
now if you want a certain new phone, you change plans

i remember back in the day if you wanted to change your plan, your contract restarted, if you upgraded you had to get on the new plan (in some cases that still happens), basically if you did anything the contract restarted

point is the carriers can and will do whatever they want and theyre not obligated to do anything, so sorry you're gonna lose your great plan but as several people have stated you shouldn't have expected it to last forever
Old 04-25-2010, 03:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro

mobius7107 is just getting started

Total for the day... 7 New ... 2 up, making today a good day for me,

Rejoice rings in my head 142% to Acts

To bad that last 5 liner from AT&T walked in at 7:58.
FML there went my Night until 1030
good thing for OTA hopefully when I repeated 5 times dont turn these on untill
AT&T phones stop working sunk in

BRING IN ANY BLACKBERRY AND GET $50 towards a $50 8530 with upgrade pay the
$100 MIR and cash it when you get it back final cost is 28.17 for tax and county tax
Old 04-25-2010, 03:40 AM
Lurker

The EZbutton, Care tools and CE device forum top 3 Links/Tools

CX: so i have a $150 off cause i been such a long time customer,
RC: great so what are you looking at getting today
CX: oh is that the new touch screen blueberry
RC: umm No thats Verizon, You ever play trouble that clicker in the middle of the board thats what that phone wil feel like to you.
CX: Oh ok well I like this one here!... So i don't get it with my $150 do i get $100.01 dollars back or can i use it to pay the Tax.
RC: umm
CX:Wait will my 16% discount come off the phone price too so i dont even have to use my upgrade... I'll use the extra to pay my Sprint Land Line with you....

HAHAH seriously happened today F*** anyone know how to make a payment to Sprint land lines BAN, MDN, and SS# search failed too. just couldn't pull the account
Old 04-25-2010, 03:48 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: The EZbutton, Care tools and CE device forum top 3 Links/Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobius7107 View Post
CX: so i have a $150 off cause i been such a long time customer,
RC: great so what are you looking at getting today
CX: oh is that the new touch screen blueberry
RC: umm No thats Verizon, You ever play trouble that clicker in the middle of the board thats what that phone wil feel like to you.
CX: Oh ok well I like this one here!... So i don't get it with my $150 do i get $100.01 dollars back or can i use it to pay the Tax.
RC: umm
CX:Wait will my 16% discount come off the phone price too so i dont even have to use my upgrade... I'll use the extra to pay my Sprint Land Line with you....

HAHAH seriously happened today F*** anyone know how to make a payment to Sprint land lines BAN, MDN, and SS# search failed too. just couldn't pull the account
wow.... people worry me sometimes, although they mentioned tax which is something that bothered me the last time i ran an upgrade at the Sprint corporate store was that I had to pay sales tax on money i was going to get back anyway

nice thing about working/shopping at radioshack.... no mail in rebates
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

JBEARAMUS^^

You used mobius' quote in your sig. I about died laughing. It really is a good quote. I think I'm going to use it over at SU. I don't want to be a poser here at PPC.

Gotta love those SERO fanboyz. Haha.
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:53 AM
Lurker

*When i saw the qoute as your sig It really did make my day. Only thing i dont like is the typos. that S missing in sprint really bugs
fuk it use it spread it around if at least one CX reads it and realizes how stupid that line of thinking is. i knw i made a difference.

Anyone working front lines knows that starting a conversation with that line about having sprint for years foreshadows

A. A lie about how the giant crack on your screen happened while you slept and your phone charged on your nightstand.

B. You bought a phone along with all that hype on Jun 6th(Trivia Question) and want a different phone now that Android OS is out. and you have had 6 DHRPs
or
C. Your kids are with the Babysitter/Gamestop.... the wife is at Payless... and you want to test the waters at sprint and know we hide the free chargers...

What logic is this?? well you want a free Car charger because this one wont charge, even though you only got it at Sams Club 4 years ago..
Back when You opened the account (A620) and they just gave it to you then why not now.

LOL ok seriously Im gonna have to stop before i get tagged for hate speech. someone make a forum where we can bitch with a purpose.
(**why do a search when someone will call me out about not searching posts with Google"
Old 04-25-2010, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

entropism is keeping up the good workentropism is keeping up the good workentropism is keeping up the good work

Had a woman come in the other day, saying she had the $150 credit, and CARE told her we can give her a phone for free, no rebates, in store. She went RIGHT to the Blackberries, and I had to explain what the $150 credit meant. She also mentioned that "She was being obnoxious to me because she was annoyed she had to come to the store in person".

Regardless, the "free phone" that care promised her wasn't in the account notes, so I explained that if she called care, THEY would have to make good on their promise. She then calls up and cancels both her lines.

After she cancels, she comes BACK to me and says "You know, if you just gave me a free phone, you would have had a "valuable customer", and asked why I didn't give her the phone. I kindly informed her that "You were obviously lying about the free phone, you know full well what the $150 upgrade means. In addition, if taking the effort to drive 5 minutes makes you obnoxious, I can show you the courtesy and effort to be rude back. Have a nice day!"

Other customers just laughed, and I smiled the rest of the day.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4g

srk468 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to srk468

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropism View Post
Had a woman come in the other day, saying she had the $150 credit, and CARE told her we can give her a phone for free, no rebates, in store. She went RIGHT to the Blackberries, and I had to explain what the $150 credit meant. She also mentioned that "She was being obnoxious to me because she was annoyed she had to come to the store in person".

Regardless, the "free phone" that care promised her wasn't in the account notes, so I explained that if she called care, THEY would have to make good on their promise. She then calls up and cancels both her lines.

After she cancels, she comes BACK to me and says "You know, if you just gave me a free phone, you would have had a "valuable customer", and asked why I didn't give her the phone. I kindly informed her that "You were obviously lying about the free phone, you know full well what the $150 upgrade means. In addition, if taking the effort to drive 5 minutes makes you obnoxious, I can show you the courtesy and effort to be rude back. Have a nice day!"

Other customers just laughed, and I smiled the rest of the day.
Thanked once but I wish I could give you about 1000 more!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G