PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 05:19 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I understand sprint is loosing money on the sero plans. if we bought EVO, Nexus1.

really why is everyone act like you can get the latest and greatest fones on boost, they don't offer shat and if you wanna have a tp2 on boost or metro you have to hack it. i'm not even sure you can get it to work on boost. Boost is for people who may not be able to pay contracts, have other main service fones, don't wanna be stuck in a contract, or have really bad credit... truth hurts. Yes a lot of choices sprint makes are dumbbutt, but if they play it right, this fone could bring them closer up top! and still switchin plans, you still come out cheaper vs features than any other carrier!!!!
Old 04-17-2010, 08:31 AM
w2n
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6950 touch pro

w2n is a n00b
Re: I understand Sprint is loosing money on the sero plans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ052005 View Post
If you think about it, that is what put Sprint in the hole. All these discounts. The only discount Sprint gives now is a $20 off everything plan, and that makes my plan close to what I paid to begin with.
So I have a legacy Fair & Flexible plan w/ 8 handsets. I'm actually thinking of splitting & moving the lines into 2 of their newer plans but before i even consider it i'm crunching the numbers and it's not looking good but they're not completely unreasonable -- given the following:

It'll be even worse if i can't keep my 25% Employee Discount; so w/out it i'll have even less incentive to change...

So my question is does anyone have a newer "Everything Plan" with a "Discount?"
Old 04-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work
Angry Re: I understand sprint is loosing money on the sero plans. if we bought EVO, Nexus1.

Didn't we have a little smiley guy beating a dead horse around here somewhere? I can't seem to find it right now.

Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005
Re: I understand Sprint is loosing money on the sero plans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by w2n View Post
So I have a legacy Fair & Flexible plan w/ 8 handsets. I'm actually thinking of splitting & moving the lines into 2 of their newer plans but before i even consider it i'm crunching the numbers and it's not looking good but they're not completely unreasonable -- given the following:

It'll be even worse if i can't keep my 25% Employee Discount; so w/out it i'll have even less incentive to change...

So my question is does anyone have a newer "Everything Plan" with a "Discount?"
Yes, they do give discounts for the everything plans, that is why I said that most people that have received the discounts pay around the same price from their old plan to the new plan.

I dont know if they offer this still, but they had a $20 recurring credit. And employee discounts still work. Hope that helps.

Last edited by champ052005; 04-17-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: I understand sprint is loosing money on the sero plans. if we bought EVO, Nexus1.

^^ while they may apply discounts, they aren't always willingly going to do it, at least not without threatening to cancel and speaking to executive dept.. can normal CS reps apply reoccurring credits? i don't they can under this new system.

also, it thought there was a 10-20% discount if you joined a certain credit Union? i forgot which bank it was.. that is another option.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
^^ while they may apply discounts, they aren't always willingly going to do it, at least not without threatening to cancel and speaking to executive dept.. can normal CS reps apply reoccurring credits? i don't they can under this new system.

also, it thought there was a 10-20% discount if you joined a certain credit Union? i forgot which bank it was.. that is another option.
the credit union discount applies to all credit unions, not a particular one.
Google is the next skynet
Old 04-17-2010, 04:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
the credit union discount applies to all credit unions, not a particular one.
it varies depending on the union.. most are 10% while Alliant is 10% (sometimes they have 25% promos) plus some other perks.. http://www.alliantpromos.org/sprint/
Old 04-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
it varies depending on the union.. most are 10% while Alliant is 10% (sometimes they have 25% promos) plus some other perks.. http://www.alliantpromos.org/sprint/
that is correct some bigger credit unions can offer bigger percentages like some of the other companies (ie: best buy- 22%, comcast-22%, home depot-25%, etc...) but all credit unions get 10% at least no matter what.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Bay Area Boss

<Mod Edit: Removed quoted text>

esn cloning is illegal and illegal to talk about on this website.

Last edited by rainfreak; 04-17-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

Quote:

No, the $20 credit was easy to get. Normal CS reps could have done it. It was a promo Sprint had going on to get customers to switch.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G