PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 08:03 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I understand sprint is loosing money on the sero plans. if we bought EVO, Nexus1.

Dude you are NOT going to get an android phone on sero... I swear this topic comes up like once a week. It's just not gonna happen.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to champ052005
Re: I understand sprint is loosing money on the sero plans. if we bought EVO, Nexus1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
re-read again, im not specifically referring to sero customers, there are millions of people on other legacy plans like myself. its a fact there are more customers on older plans than there are on these newly introduced "everything" plan.

so are they losing money on those customers too? No, it's just a way to make more money off them by forcing them to upgrade to a "newer" plan.

anyway, im not really complaining here, just giving the OP some input..
I cant agree with you saying that there are more people on Sero plans than the everything plans. If you look at other Sprint user's phones, you will see that most of them will have phones that are on the everything plan. I see a ton of Heros, Pres, Moments. Not to mention that the new Blackberry Curve needs an everything plan. Basically all the new smart phones will require these plans.

It sucks that Sprint did this to us (I used to have a Sero plan but had to let it go to the everything plan) but at the same time, the plans are still cheaper than any other major carrier when you compare features.

I dont agree with Sprint or I should say the cell phone industry. They are charging ridiculous amounts of money for things that cost them a few dollars, if not nickels and dimes.

The main thing is that the FCC needs to start regulating the industry because it seems to me that prices will continue to rise unless the companies face some form of public or FCC pressure.

EDIT: Even when WP7 comes out, I guarantee you that the everything plans will be needed. Android will never be let on Sero. Especially the Evo, which is supposed to be Sprint's flagship phone for the summer.

Last edited by champ052005; 04-15-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ugh some people have a tough time reading, aye? i never said there were more people on sero than on everything plans.. i said there were more people on LEGACY plans than on everything plans.. by LEGACY im referring to older plans and not specifically sero.

those on legacy plans (besides sero) are also screwed.. its not limited to just sero customers, that's what im referring to.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
ugh some people have a tough time reading, aye? i never said there were more people on sero than on everything plans.. i said there were more people on LEGACY plans than on everything plans.. by LEGACY im referring to older plans and not specifically sero.

those on legacy plans (besides sero) are also screwed.. its not limited to just sero customers, that's what im referring to.
if you're legacy plan is just as cheap or very close to sero then it is basically a sero plan. Sprint is making all of its money off people paying for regular price plan. Less people then you think have discount plans. if your legacy plan isn't cheap then its around the same price as a sep plan. SEP plans are the best value around plus their family plans are outrageous.
Google is the next skynet
Old 04-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
if you're legacy plan is just as cheap or very close to sero then it is basically a sero plan. Sprint is making all of its money off people paying for regular price plan. Less people then you think have discount plans. if your legacy plan isn't cheap then its around the same price as a sep plan. SEP plans are the best value around plus their family plans are outrageous.
my plan 8 years ago was a "regular" plan at one point

i do not pay $30 a month (i don't think there ever were any plans as cheap as sero with all those minutes/data)..

i pay $79.99 a month for unlimited everything... basically it's the $100 plan now (except i don't have sprint nav which i don't need).

and as i said before, sprint makes their money from loyal long time customers, not customers who decide to try a $80-$100 plan and switch providers when their contract is up.

who are the customers sprint is losing every year? iirc i think last year sprint lost 800,000 customers.. HIGHLY DOUBT those are long time customers they're losing, but those customers who switch providers every other year.. they don't make money off a new customer (what you call "regular" price customers) who then decide after 2yrs they don't want the service. in order for sprint to make a good ROI they must be a customer for more than just a couple years, more-so if they're getting a $500 device for $150.

food for thought.

Last edited by sebo; 04-15-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
my plan 8 years ago was a "regular" plan at one point

i do not pay $30 a month (i don't think there ever were any plans as cheap as sero with all those minutes/data)..

i pay $79.99 a month for unlimited everything... basically it's the $100 plan now (except i don't have sprint nav which i don't need).

and as i said before, sprint makes their money from loyal long time customers, not customers who decide to try a $80 plan and switch providers when their contract is up.

who are the customers sprint is losing every year? iirc i think last year sprint lost 800,000 customers.. HIGHLY DOUBT those are long time customers they're losing, but those customers who switch providers every other year.. they don't make money off a new customer (what you call "regular" price customers) who then decide after 2yrs they don't want the service.

food for thought.
so you pay 79.99 for unlimited everything and you think thats fair, that is a sero plan man, verizon and att charge $99 just for the minutes, then $120 for everything, are you going to go get one of those plans? remember there are 2 sero plans 29.99 and 49.99 even the 49.99 gives you only 1250. 69.99 for unlimited moblile to any mobile is better in my eyes with unlimited text and data. also 59.99 is also available and that is better in my eyes as well.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

Quote:

I know what you meant. And Sprint sees no difference from a Sero plan or a Legacy plan. Like P-Slim said, almost everyone on Legacy plans got a really nice discount for resigning. Whether it be free text, free data, Sprint loyalty...so on and so forth.

The plans are different to us, the consumers, because it hurts us financially. But to a huge company like Sprint, they see these plans as basically one and the same. To them, both plans are losing money in terms of profitability compared to the everything plan.

If you think about it, that is what put Sprint in the hole. All these discounts. The only discount Sprint gives now is a $20 off everything plan, and that makes my plan close to what I paid to begin with.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:42 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
so you pay 79.99 for unlimited everything and you think thats fair, that is a sero plan man, verizon and att charge $99 just for the minutes, then $120 for everything, are you going to go get one of those plans? remember there are 2 sero plans 29.99 and 49.99 even the 49.99 gives you only 1250. 69.99 for unlimited moblile to any mobile is better in my eyes with unlimited text and data. also 59.99 is also available and that is better in my eyes as well.
you buy an EVO and go Boost mobile...no 4g but unlimited everything and no contract for 50$ a month lol

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lets put it this way, if all legacy customers (on OLD plans - again not specifically SERO) decided to leave, Sprint would go bankrupt.. nuff said.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
lets put it this way, if all legacy customers (on OLD plans - again not specifically SERO) decided to leave, Sprint would go bankrupt.. nuff said.
your insane. And all those legacy customers will probably double their monthly bills. Is supply and demand. The customers sprint will lose from forcing to sero they should be able to gain back from new customers who are smart enough to realize sprint plans are by far better. Most legacy customers will not leave to double their bill and sprint knows that and the customer should as well, youre acting like you want to double your montly bill.

Last edited by p-slim; 04-15-2010 at 08:50 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G