PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 12:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

atomicvocabulary is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: uh oh.. we have a war..

Of the two, which one would be best to just throw the money down to buy and use for like an e-reader and access to developing android apps?

My specific question being, taking the coverage and phone portion out of the conversation which one is the absolute better device? As I am....unwilling to lose a SERO account I am thinking of doing such a thing.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
This is typical Sprint, they will let this opportunity slip through their fingers.....such a pity
This is what pains me to be a Sprint customer, the waiting game. Maybe Sprints business customers and their no need for smartphones drive the "I Dont care" attitude. Thats too bad because im sure the rest of us also help the bottom line and want EVO!
If Sprint were smart and their people were thinking, this phone would be in the FCC and stamped and shipped in May. As close to the Incred launch as possible and well before the Iphone, but yeah, I know, wishful thinking.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
for once it seems vzw is trying to beat sprint by launching the incredible (almost identical device as the Evo) on April 29th... they already started preorders for it.

wonder if this will make sprint think about releasing it sooner
same processors and basic structure but their not completely the same.

4.3 in screen vs 3.7
3g/4g vs just 3g
1024 rom vs 512 rom
HDMI, 720p camera 8mp camera + second one for video conferencing vs just an 8mp camera
fm radio vs none
1500 mah batter out of box vs 1300 mah
no secondary rom but comes with 8gig microsd card vs 8gig built in with micro sd card support of up to 24 gig
voice and data in release or future release (using 4g for data) vs one at a time

not enough of the same for alot of people to go "hmmm incredible is here but evo isnt" I know quit a few AT&T customers and US Cellular customers around here waiting for the release.. even a few Verizon customers cause Verizon service SUCKS in Oklahoma.

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomp...=2233&id2=2234
Old 04-16-2010, 10:06 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Iceman View Post
This is what pains me to be a Sprint customer, the waiting game. Maybe Sprints business customers and their no need for smartphones drive the "I Dont care" attitude. Thats too bad because im sure the rest of us also help the bottom line and want EVO!
If Sprint were smart and their people were thinking, this phone would be in the FCC and stamped and shipped in May. As close to the Incred launch as possible and well before the Iphone, but yeah, I know, wishful thinking.
The EVO may not be fully functional or semi buggy.. remember this is the first wimax phone and sprint is putting a lot of advertising and effort on it..they can't afford the phone to have issues.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work

they also cant afford to release this phone late ither though it needs to be on the heels of the incredible and out weeks before the iphone hd to make a dent in the iphones sales
Old 04-16-2010, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 & Sprint TP1 & 2

spokenwordd is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
for once it seems vzw is trying to beat sprint by launching the incredible (almost identical device as the Evo) on April 29th... they already started preorders for it.

wonder if this will make sprint think about releasing it sooner
There is nothing identical about the Verizon phone. Have you seen this gimped garbage? No 4G of course, no second camera, much lower memory and smaller screen. Verizon has shown their skills at gimping again...
Old 04-16-2010, 01:51 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

yeah the incredible is similar but far away...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:03 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spokenwordd View Post
There is nothing identical about the Verizon phone. Have you seen this gimped garbage? No 4G of course, no second camera, much lower memory and smaller screen. Verizon has shown their skills at gimping again...
How did Verizon gimp it again?

no 4g = cause they don't have a 4g network

no second camera = thats cause its CDMA..

much lower memory = not really its mostly rom thats lower but you have a 2ndary 8gb rom

smaller screen = yes but its AMOLED screen..plus screen size boils down to preference.

Just to note the incredible is not the supersonic/evo >.>..its closer to the Desire aka Nexus One

Last edited by gTen; 04-16-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 02:52 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I'm sure Sprint knew about this, which is probably why they're so heavily advertising the Evo. Anyone who knows anything about smartphones is going to know that the Evo is far superior.

Anyway, I think Sprint is doing the right thing. They want to make sure everything works well before they release this device. It's revolutionary and does a lot of things, and I'm sure they don't want to risk releasing something so new without making sure it has all the features that people want (COUGH iphone 2G).
Old 04-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Not the same phone.

The Incredible is more of a Nexus One with Sense.

The Evo has a much larger screen, 4G, 720p output via HDMI, and a front-facing camera.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G