PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: uh oh.. we have a war..

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts View Post
i also think sprint suffers from bad reputation from the past. i'd had sprint for quite a long time now, too and i honestly have nothing but good things to say about them.
Sprints phone selection sucks, they get everything last. Last to get winmo 6.5 and last to get android 2.1. I like always having the latest and greatest and ive been using the nexus for 4 months now, by the time sprint gets a device as powerful (evo) I would've had the nexus for half a year (released January 5) that half a year you have to suffer with that tp2 sucks for you. I can't wait till the evo drops then everyone will finally know what they've been missing. Snapdragon on android is stupid fast.
Google is the next skynet
Old 04-19-2010, 11:51 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Well i will say that there are some places where Sprint coverage lacks south of Atlanta.. but as others have said the main reason is reputation. That and the fact that customer service, even though it has drastically improved... absolutely SUCKS.
They don't have the greatest customer service in the world, no, but honestly, I'd rather pay a hell of a lot less per month and have "ok" customer service than pay out the ass and get "a little better than ok" customer service. My gf switched from Verizon to Sprint and she thought Verizon's CS was worse than Sprint's.

The only CS I've experienced that was absolutely fantastic was T-Mobile. But T-Mobile lacks a large network and a large 3G coverage map, so I cannot use them.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acts is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Sprints phone selection sucks, they get everything last. Last to get winmo 6.5 and last to get android 2.1. I like always having the latest and greatest and ive been using the nexus for 4 months now, by the time sprint gets a device as powerful (evo) I would've had the nexus for half a year (released January 5) that half a year you have to suffer with that tp2 sucks for you. I can't wait till the evo drops then everyone will finally know what they've been missing. Snapdragon on android is stupid fast.
you have a valid point. i guess i'm just not as passionate about having the latest and greatest like mostly everyone else on the site. i love technology, but i don't upgrade to every latest phone when i can carry on doing the things i want/need at the moment. in my defense, i'm probably saving a lot of money, or at least moreso than the person who goes out and gets the next phone. and i'll probably end up being on the same page as everyone else when the EVO comes out.

edit:
On another note, sprint needs to accidently "lose" an EVO 4G, and get some viral publicity to up one on the IPhone 4 that was "lost." Bring the focus back onto the EVO 4G.

Last edited by acts; 04-19-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Pao
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Pao is keeping up the good workPao is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts View Post
edit:
On another note, sprint needs to accidently "lose" an EVO 4G, and get some viral publicity to up one on the IPhone 4 that was "lost." Bring the focus back onto the EVO 4G.
What's amazing is two competing tech sites both found "lost" phones in bars in completely different larger cities!!!

How amazing is fate?
Old 04-19-2010, 04:09 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

I agree with everyone who's on sprint side...........I don't know why everybody else doesn't like sprint (except for phone selection)! Sprint did have a lot of stupid people working for them back in the day......but they still do now!

My point......sprint got smart (I guess) and instead of leaving them stupid they taught them to be at least a little smarter.....on top of new technology which makes it easier for them to work and do their jobs....on top of listening to the customers!

I remember back in 2001 when I would call and ask to speak to tech support...and would have to hold for an hour........LITERALLY!!!!!!! When I looked in my call log the duration of those calls would be like.......1:37:56, and I really didn't notice that till now! Now when I call I got someone in minutes....and if they don't know how to do something they will transfer you to someone who does!

Plus the fact that Sprint was the first to have their $69.99 everything plan and everyone else jumped on afterwards! I have the $69.99 plan and a discount from my job and I only pay about $55 a month for my service....and I can call ANYBODY.....even landlines for free!

All I'm saying is if people actually did their research they would know! Just like Cicatrize said.............if I can get a phone with a good....CHEAP plan but have poor customer service I could care less....I barely talk to them anyway! But if I gotta pay extra for this and that and have good customer service....well......see ya!

This phone is gonna put Sprint back on the map.......and a little side note from me:

HTC is releasing a BEAST with this phone...........so shouldn't that mean that the next phone HTC comes out with on Sprint should be....if not on par.....BETTER than the EVO?! It would be a shame to me if HTC came out with this....than something way below this.....like that rumored Touch Pro 3!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
I agree with everyone who's on sprint side...........I don't know why everybody else doesn't like sprint (except for phone selection)! Sprint did have a lot of stupid people working for them back in the day......but they still do now!

My point......sprint got smart (I guess) and instead of leaving them stupid they taught them to be at least a little smarter.....on top of new technology which makes it easier for them to work and do their jobs....on top of listening to the customers!

I remember back in 2001 when I would call and ask to speak to tech support...and would have to hold for an hour........LITERALLY!!!!!!! When I looked in my call log the duration of those calls would be like.......1:37:56, and I really didn't notice that till now! Now when I call I got someone in minutes....and if they don't know how to do something they will transfer you to someone who does!

Plus the fact that Sprint was the first to have their $69.99 everything plan and everyone else jumped on afterwards! I have the $69.99 plan and a discount from my job and I only pay about $55 a month for my service....and I can call ANYBODY.....even landlines for free!

All I'm saying is if people actually did their research they would know! Just like Cicatrize said.............if I can get a phone with a good....CHEAP plan but have poor customer service I could care less....I barely talk to them anyway! But if I gotta pay extra for this and that and have good customer service....well......see ya!

This phone is gonna put Sprint back on the map.......and a little side note from me:

HTC is releasing a BEAST with this phone...........so shouldn't that mean that the next phone HTC comes out with on Sprint should be....if not on par.....BETTER than the EVO?! It would be a shame to me if HTC came out with this....than something way below this.....like that rumored Touch Pro 3!!!!!!!
I don't think anybody is mad at Sprints prices as they are the cheapest. Certain things matter to certain people. Customer service, phone selection, how fast they put out upgrades and updates, and so forth. You're getting the Evo but more then likely Froyo will be released by the end of summer, how long before sprint will give you the update? The hero and moment are still waiting for 2.1. The Verizon Droid got its update to 2.1. The Sprint tp2 was last to get 6.5, im not bagging on sprint just giving you examples of other things that factor into your carrier decision. I can twitter my problem to t-mobile and within 30 minutes they will reply with an answer, Sprint is not even close to anything like this.

Last edited by p-slim; 04-19-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:09 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim
I don't think anybody is mad at Sprints prices as they are the cheapest. Certain things matter to certain people. Customer service, phone selection, how fast they put out upgrades and updates, and so forth. You're getting the Evo but more then likely Froyo will be released by the end of summer, how long before sprint will give you the update? The hero and moment are still waiting for 2.1. The Verizon Droid got its update to 2.1. The Sprint tp2 was last to get 6.5, im not bagging on sprint just giving you examples of other things that factor into your carrier decision. I can twitter my problem to t-mobile and within 30 minutes they will reply with an answer, Sprint is not even close to anything like this.
I hear you on the points you made! I don't use twitter so I wouldn't even know about that! And in a way sprint had 6.5 real early due to all the custom roms out! I mean...how many people on this site actually use stock roms for WM?! Not many....so on that front its pretty see thru! And just like WM, I'm pretty sure in no time I'll be flashing the hell out of my EVO!

And I don't know how it works on other carriers but the last phone I paid for from sprint was a mogul.......so I REALLY CAN'T complain there! Plus I'm not really a heavy phone user like that but stuff comes in handy for me! I never owned an Android device but have played with them and know in my right mind that if a good enough phone comes out with Android I would get it................well......now is the time for that!

Sprint is about to "try and shine"..............I think everyone should at least let them get a spotlight for now.....at least untill they drop the ball.........because I'm not about to make them drop it!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

I hope this results in me having leverage to get a "price match" @$199
Old 04-20-2010, 01:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

the review of the incredible on engadget doesnt seem that great.they actually say the screen sux. lol. yall all uptight about the amoled screen and it proves to not be that great.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i hate how they're putting "With Google" on the phone surfaces.. google didn't make or invent android and it seems they're taking all the credit for something they didn't make.

Google just buys companies that grow big with ideas, then they plop their name all over it.. surprised they didn't rename android GoogleOS.

i'm just worried one day they're going to start embedding ads in the phones since google only backs something up if they can make money off it. kind of like they did with Youtube.. bought it and then plastered ads all over the videos.

Last edited by sebo; 04-20-2010 at 03:37 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G