PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 12:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2/Touch Pro/Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Atomic2Mod is keeping up the good workAtomic2Mod is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: uh oh.. we have a war..

But consider ye this:
Sprint has announced the EVO months in advance. I remember us complaining how they kept so very mum before, when we were hoping for just ANYTHING....
Old 04-17-2010, 12:24 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic2Mod View Post
But consider ye this:
Sprint has announced the EVO months in advance. I remember us complaining how they kept so very mum before, when we were hoping for just ANYTHING....
good point, but now we have something new to complain about....WHEN?
Old 04-17-2010, 01:45 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks View Post
but sprint is cdma and has added the camera lol but i digress lol I don't really think verizon is gimpin, it more of a nexus clone than evo
if the phone was cdma only they would have removed the camera, but the phone has wimax and the point of the front camera is for wimax use.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-17-2010, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi

Honestly i was caught off gaurd by Verizon having something similar to the EVO coming out so soon because it came out of no where. I have a sprint TP2 and a Blackberry Storm with Verizon (work phone) an i would never leave sprint for Verizon but it just seems like Verizon is doing all they can to catch up to AT&T the Android motorolla phone was a HUGE hit an i know a lot of people who jumped ship to Verizon because of that phone an now them bringing out the Incridible an so soon its like they are going HARD at IPHONES cuz honestly if it comes out soon with some bugs it really doesnt matter cuz they already got so many ppl already locked in a new contract. they just whip out the updates and fixes .. I have no idea why Sprint wants to be so Hoo Hmm with their phones The EVO is such a big deal that if it were to drop tomorrow i know people would be sleeping outside of the Sprint stores now! Just seems like Sprint is ok with always being in 3rd place in the Cell phone war.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent0Hibachi View Post
Honestly i was caught off gaurd by Verizon having something similar to the EVO coming out so soon because it came out of no where. I have a sprint TP2 and a Blackberry Storm with Verizon (work phone) an i would never leave sprint for Verizon but it just seems like Verizon is doing all they can to catch up to AT&T the Android motorolla phone was a HUGE hit an i know a lot of people who jumped ship to Verizon because of that phone an now them bringing out the Incridible an so soon its like they are going HARD at IPHONES cuz honestly if it comes out soon with some bugs it really doesnt matter cuz they already got so many ppl already locked in a new contract. they just whip out the updates and fixes .. I have no idea why Sprint wants to be so Hoo Hmm with their phones The EVO is such a big deal that if it were to drop tomorrow i know people would be sleeping outside of the Sprint stores now! Just seems like Sprint is ok with always being in 3rd place in the Cell phone war.
Man, that was one big paragraph!

If the Evo qualifies for 3rd place, then heck, I will be pretty happy with the bronze!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Man, that was one big paragraph!

If the Evo qualifies for 3rd place, then heck, I will be pretty happy with the bronze!

My bad lol that was long i was venting! But yea ill be happy when i get the EVO but man i want more people on Sprint... I hate hearing people rave about Verizon's phones an iphones an its like damn were out numbered... I want a bigger voice in this cell battle!!! Hopefully the Evo really does catch fire an blow everything out the water!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:10 AM
Pao
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Pao is keeping up the good workPao is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks View Post
but sprint is cdma and has added the camera lol but i digress lol I don't really think verizon is gimpin, it more of a nexus clone than evo
4G/Wimax can do voice AND data.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:38 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent0Hibachi View Post
My bad lol that was long i was venting! But yea ill be happy when i get the EVO but man i want more people on Sprint... I hate hearing people rave about Verizon's phones an iphones an its like damn were out numbered... I want a bigger voice in this cell battle!!! Hopefully the Evo really does catch fire an blow everything out the water!
Yeah, that'd definitely be nice. To this day, I don't understand why more people don't have Sprint. Everywhere I've lived in the past 10 years of my life, Sprint's service area and 3G coverage (when applicable) have been better than Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mo (no competition there). Not only that, their data & voice plans are what, like 60% of the cost of the competition's?

I'm guessing it has to be the phone selection. If Sprint had the iPhone, I don't think AT&T would be doing very well. If Sprint had the enV dumb phone and the Droid, Verizon wouldn't be as great either. Sprint does have some good phones, but they don't have the "popular" ones. The Evo is going to be the first popular phone (IMO) that they've ever had. The Palm Pre could have been that device, but shitty advertising from Palm probably had something to do with that failure.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acts is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Yeah, that'd definitely be nice. To this day, I don't understand why more people don't have Sprint. Everywhere I've lived in the past 10 years of my life, Sprint's service area and 3G coverage (when applicable) have been better than Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mo (no competition there). Not only that, their data & voice plans are what, like 60% of the cost of the competition's?

I'm guessing it has to be the phone selection. If Sprint had the iPhone, I don't think AT&T would be doing very well. If Sprint had the enV dumb phone and the Droid, Verizon wouldn't be as great either. Sprint does have some good phones, but they don't have the "popular" ones. The Evo is going to be the first popular phone (IMO) that they've ever had. The Palm Pre could have been that device, but shitty advertising from Palm probably had something to do with that failure.

i also think sprint suffers from bad reputation from the past. i'd had sprint for quite a long time now, too and i honestly have nothing but good things to say about them.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:06 AM
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Well i will say that there are some places where Sprint coverage lacks south of Atlanta.. but as others have said the main reason is reputation. That and the fact that customer service, even though it has drastically improved... absolutely SUCKS.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G