PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 03:05 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: uh oh.. we have a war..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
Not the same phone.

The Incredible is more of a Nexus One with Sense.

The Evo has a much larger screen, 4G, 720p output via HDMI, and a front-facing camera.
Don't forget the kickstand!

lol
Old 04-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

kylelerner is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksilenc View Post
i doubt it will phase sprint. because they cant even get web devs that can make a working website.
This is SOO true. It's rediculous how often sprint's site is on maintenance, or just completely screwed up.

Gotta love their network though
Old 04-16-2010, 03:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

kylelerner is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
The EVO may not be fully functional or semi buggy.. remember this is the first wimax phone and sprint is putting a lot of advertising and effort on it..they can't afford the phone to have issues.
I'm sorry, I just HAD to mention the Samsung Instinct after reading this..

I owned one, and while it was a love/hate relationship...it was mostly hate.

It was NOT what it was advertised to be. Over $100 Million was spent: See this article.
Based on a custom Java-based OS, a slow cpu, embarassing stock browser.
The only awesome part was the giddy GPS navigation, and voice-recognition software that helped you find nearby businesses.
I'm getting off-topic now..

I just hope this phone is as amazing as I'm hyped for it to be.
This time we have an awesome OS, fast cpu, and blazing fast 4G networking speeds.

I just hope I am not disappointed.

Hooray for EVO!

Last edited by kylelerner; 04-16-2010 at 03:28 PM. Reason: add article link
Old 04-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well maybe i exaggerated by saying "identical" i guess "similar" would have been a better choice.

anyway, i don't think even if sprint wanted to they CAN'T release the Evo. from what i've read it's not even "ready" as in there is no 4G software on the OS running yet.

i too agree they will lose out on quite a few sales if they don't release before the crapple iphone, i think if Sprint really wanted to be on top they would have people finishing the Evo up by working on it 24/7 and releasing it asap.

sprint lacks the brains so i bet they will be sticking with their June release.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
How did Verizon gimp it again?

no 4g = cause they don't have a 4g network

no second camera = thats cause its CDMA..

much lower memory = not really its mostly rom thats lower but you have a 2ndary 8gb rom

smaller screen = yes but its AMOLED screen..plus screen size boils down to preference.

Just to note the incredible is not the supersonic/evo >.>..its closer to the Desire aka Nexus One
+1 i agree!! i two dont feel verizon gimped the phone!! but i also plan on owning both phones!!

Last edited by Adrianh85; 04-16-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

The Evo is an awesome phone, but honestly I'd prefer the Incredible thanks to the smaller size.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
The Evo is an awesome phone, but honestly I'd prefer the Incredible thanks to the smaller size.
both phones are great compaired to what we currently are using! but the evo does have a nice edge to it! im pretty sure once lte is off the ground verizon will have a simular phone to the evo to show off its 4g (and probly will use the snapdragon with 1.5ghz or the super duo core 1.5ghz)

http://www.slashgear.com/dual-core-1...-2010-0768955/
Old 04-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

sebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on repsebo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the Evo also has a brushed aluminum kickstand.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:02 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
both phones are great compaired to what we currently are using! but the evo does have a nice edge to it! im pretty sure once lte is off the ground verizon will have a simular phone to the evo to show off its 4g (and probly will use the snapdragon with 1.5ghz or the super duo core 1.5ghz)

http://www.slashgear.com/dual-core-1...-2010-0768955/
I'd rather have a Samsung Hummingbird with a Super AMOLED screen..I hope Samsung Galaxy S Pro comes to Sprint >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:09 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
+1 i agree!! i two dont feel verizon gimped the phone!! but i also plan on owning both phones!!
but sprint is cdma and has added the camera lol but i digress lol I don't really think verizon is gimpin, it more of a nexus clone than evo

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G