PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 04:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269
Re: Who here is waiting on the EVO v2 with a keyboard and better specs?

EVO with a keyboard? My tp2 is already big enough. I cant imagine the size of the EVO with a keyboard attached.

plus now that I have swype on the tp2, I hardly find the need for the keyboard anymore
Old 04-08-2010, 04:28 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
While the EVO is certainly a gorgeous device (and my inner nerd wants it NOW!), who here is going to hold off a bit and wait for version 2 with a hardware keyboard similar to the Touch Pro 2, a tilting screen, a 1.5 Ghz Snapdragon processor, and possibly other desirable upgrades?
The screen is ginormous. I need no keyboard and besides I am not waiting.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

if i feel like i need a keyboard ill just transfer the service back to my TP2 and vice versa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..
Old 04-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Ya'll must haven't played with a HD2 yet to see how super easy and accurate it is to type on that big screen, let alone using Swype on it.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALiens View Post
Ya'll must haven't played with a HD2 yet to see how super easy and accurate it is to type on that big screen, let alone using Swype on it.
That's as maybe but I simply do not wish to type with an on-screen keyboard as my only decent option. I enjoy having a more than decent hardware keyboard available when I want it, and unlike a BT keyboard, it's not a seperate device I have to remember to charge and not forget it at home. The integrated hardware keyboard is always with me and always available, which is a very nice option to have.

For those that do not mind using an on-screen keyboard, great. EVO v1 is for you, and I hope you enjoy the crap out of it. Personally, I'll wait on v2 with a hardware keyboard.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g LTE

deseagle07 is just getting started

yall crazy for wanting a hardware keyboard, yall drink toooo much coffee and it got yall hands shaking bad enough to not push accurately on an onscreen keyboard, lol
Old 04-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
That's as maybe but I simply do not wish to type with an on-screen keyboard as my only decent option. I enjoy having a more than decent hardware keyboard available when I want it, and unlike a BT keyboard, it's not a seperate device I have to remember to charge and not forget it at home. The integrated hardware keyboard is always with me and always available, which is a very nice option to have.

For those that do not mind using an on-screen keyboard, great. EVO v1 is for you, and I hope you enjoy the crap out of it. Personally, I'll wait on v2 with a hardware keyboard.
how do you know there will be a version 2? if there is i doubt it will have a keyboard, most of the new touch phones being made are all touch.

its not like the tp1 didnt have a keyboard and the tp2 did
if the device doesnt have a keyboard on v1 most likely it never will

Old 04-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
how do you know there will be a version 2? if there is i doubt it will have a keyboard, most of the new touch phones being made are all touch.

its not like the tp1 didnt have a keyboard and the tp2 did
if the device doesnt have a keyboard on v1 most likely it never will
I have no way of knowing that there will be a v2.

However, I do believe that there will eventually be a version with a keyboard, as HTC is not known to exclusively make touch only devices. The G1, the first Android handset, had a keyboard. The 6600, 6700, 6800, Touch Pro, and Touch Pro 2 had a keyboard. Numerous other HTC devices that I cannot specifically recall all have a keyboard. With each hardware iteration, HTC becomes better and better at designing usable keyboards.

I highly doubt they will simply shelve that expertise and leave that market un-served.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

yougivemerash!!! is just getting started

Everything is moving towards touchscreen. It's not just a fad, it's here to stay. A device like this is NOT going to be released with a keyboard IMO.

Want a tactile feel? They're just going to add haptic feedback to it. Haptic technology will keep improving, and we'll see less and less physical keypads.

In a few years, we'll probably have sliders with dual screens- one to serve as the keyboard with haptic feedback- that's where I predict it will go.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

losplatanos is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to losplatanos Send a message via MSN to losplatanos Send a message via Yahoo to losplatanos

well the device is not even out yet, lol wow, from being with sprint a while, at end of the year something will come out to replace the tp2 that should be the next big thing most likely the screen wont be as big because of the extra hardware it will very heavy but the tp2 only needs 4 things to be perfect....a flash, better camera, and better processor and ram.......thats how it been with the ppc 6700 , 6800, tp1, tp3 etc........touch, diamond, etc
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G