PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 05:51 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mid june plus 4g to be a $10-20 add-on

Smh... sprint should have been pushing to get this thing out as soon as possible... I dont think waiting until around the time that new iphone drops is a good idea AT ALL if they're hoping to attract new customers.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

So if I connect my laptop to my Evo in order to use wifi tethering, I would need to add the $10 a month service? Can you not wireless wifi a android device like WMWifiRouter on Windows Mobile?
Old 04-07-2010, 07:16 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

i don't get how this is coming before the nexus one? the phone doesn't look very "pocket' friendly to me, looks huge.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6600, 6700, Vogue, Diamond, Touch Pro, Hero, Evo

michd is becoming a great contributor

From what I read, It's extra for the hot spot. So going from WiMax(4g) to Evdo(3g) doesn't cost anything. So wifi tether all you want, cause it doesn't cost anything extra.

Last edited by michd; 04-07-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by michd View Post
From what I read, It's extra for the hot spot. So going from WiMax(4g) to Evdo(3g) doesn't cost anything. So wifi tether all you want, cause it doesn't cost anything extra.
But in order to wifi tether, don't you need to use the hotspot app?
Old 04-07-2010, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuprotocol View Post
But in order to wifi tether, don't you need to use the hotspot app?
I'm using a wifi tethering app on my rooted Hero, so initially it acts just like a hotspot app. I noticed you have a Touch Pro2. Do you have the wifi tethering app on it?
Old 04-07-2010, 08:22 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

I want to get this straight, they will charge to use the 4G hotspot application, they will not though charge for 4G access on the phone, daily phone data usage. I hope i got it straight.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
I want to get this straight, they will charge to use the 4G hotspot application, they will not though charge for 4G access on the phone, daily phone data usage. I hope i got it straight.
Yup, you got it right.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I'm using a wifi tethering app on my rooted Hero, so initially it acts just like a hotspot app. I noticed you have a Touch Pro2. Do you have the wifi tethering app on it?
Yes I use WMWIfiRouter, it allows me to do wireless tethering on the TP2. I can also tether by USB w/o any extra charges. Are you able to tether by USB or Wifi on your Hero? I keep hearing about rooting a android phone. What site or link did you use to learn about rooting and wifi tethering on your hero?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:04 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Yup, you got it right.

Thank you very much! that is all i needed to know. I wouldn't want to pay extra for 4G access to be honest, to much bills on my hands.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G