PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 06:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

AsItLies is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sero users dont be fooled

Here are some specifics, pretty much mentioned here but let's try to have an executive version of it all...

There are 2 types of SERO plans, we'll call them OLD SERO and NEW SERO:

1) It's very difficult to get an OLD SERO plan now, you'd pretty much have to buy one from an individual. No amount of calling customer service will they give you one.

2) The NEW SERO, as mentioned is 59.99 for 500 mins, and if you do some searching for (Russ Mcquire) Sprint Employeed info, you'll have what you need to get one of these plans.

3) The NEW SERO plan is absolutely not suppose to allow employee discounts. Have heard of a few that somehow got a discount applied. But the rub is this, if you somehow manage to get an employee discount, it could simply disappear one day... because THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO BE ALLOWED ON THIS PLAN, that simple. You have no argument.

4) The EveryThing Data Plan (69.99 for 450 mins) DOES allow an employee discount, which (as pointed out), if your discount was 25%, it would actually be cheaper then the NEW SERO and you wouldn't have to worry about the discount ever disappearing, as it's completely legit.

5) also, as mentioned, the NEW SERO won't qualify you for Sprint Premier status (allows 150 dollar upgrade every year instead of every 2 yrs) unless you have been a Sprint customer for 10 years (and that isn't plan specific, it's just 10 years). But with the Everything Data Plan you become Premier right away.

Note too, the OLD SERO, if you are lucky enough to find one someone is selling, DOES NOT allow the new phones, except those running winmo 6.1 (some of those will be upgraded to 6.5 such as the TP2). But almost all of the new high end phones ARE NOT ALLOWED on this plan, even though the plan does have unlimited data. It doesn't matter, they ARE NOT ALLOWED, period.

If you want to know more specifics about what is included in Sprints plans, please visit their website, the above info is more or less what isn't there, or not clear.

Regards,
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsItLies View Post
Here are some specifics, pretty much mentioned here but let's try to have an executive version of it all...

There are 2 types of SERO plans, we'll call them OLD SERO and NEW SERO:

1) It's very difficult to get an OLD SERO plan now, you'd pretty much have to buy one from an individual. No amount of calling customer service will they give you one.

2) The NEW SERO, as mentioned is 59.99 for 500 mins, and if you do some searching for (Russ Mcquire) Sprint Employeed info, you'll have what you need to get one of these plans.

3) The NEW SERO plan is absolutely not suppose to allow employee discounts. Have heard of a few that somehow got a discount applied. But the rub is this, if you somehow manage to get an employee discount, it could simply disappear one day... because THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO BE ALLOWED ON THIS PLAN, that simple. You have no argument.

4) The EveryThing Data Plan (69.99 for 450 mins) DOES allow an employee discount, which (as pointed out), if your discount was 25%, it would actually be cheaper then the NEW SERO and you wouldn't have to worry about the discount ever disappearing, as it's completely legit.

5) also, as mentioned, the NEW SERO won't qualify you for Sprint Premier status (allows 150 dollar upgrade every year instead of every 2 yrs) unless you have been a Sprint customer for 10 years (and that isn't plan specific, it's just 10 years). But with the Everything Data Plan you become Premier right away.

Note too, the OLD SERO, if you are lucky enough to find one someone is selling, DOES NOT allow the new phones, except those running winmo 6.1 (some of those will be upgraded to 6.5 such as the TP2). But almost all of the new high end phones ARE NOT ALLOWED on this plan, even though the plan does have unlimited data. It doesn't matter, they ARE NOT ALLOWED, period.

If you want to know more specifics about what is included in Sprints plans, please visit their website, the above info is more or less what isn't there, or not clear.

Regards,
Well put...

Basically if you sign up for the new sero, you just like throwing money away. I don't even understand why they have it. And I'm sure no-one here will admit to having it now. Haha...
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:52 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldwn02 View Post
Well put...

Basically if you sign up for the new sero, you just like throwing money away. I don't even understand why they have it. And I'm sure no-one here will admit to having it now. Haha...
I have it... but I also have a corporate discount on it
Old 04-06-2010, 07:28 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Well put...

I have 59.99 sero and I get 25% off my entire bill.
Google is the next skynet
Old 04-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work

What I plan to do is drop SERO 500 for the Everything 450, add my wife on for 19.99, and use my company's discount of 23%. This comes to $73 before taxes and fees, so maybe a little more than $80 when all is said and done for 2 lines. Even IF I could somehow clone my SERO for my wife, it would be 43.03x2, which will be more than I will be paying when I switch to the new plan with 2 lines... and we can get Evo's
Old 04-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwho View Post
What I plan to do is drop SERO 500 for the Everything 450, add my wife on for 19.99, and use my company's discount of 23%. This comes to $73 before taxes and fees, so maybe a little more than $80 when all is said and done for 2 lines. Even IF I could somehow clone my SERO for my wife, it would be 43.03x2, which will be more than I will be paying when I switch to the new plan with 2 lines... and we can get Evo's
That won't work. You can only add a line to ED 1500 and that starts at $130 for two lines. That's the cheapest you can get 2 lines on Sprint minus any corporate discounts. The new Sero has a family plan that's $109
Old 04-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I plan to switch my family over to the normal Everything family plan and attach a corporate discount to it. It actually winds up being cheaper than the Employee EPRP Plan. And individually strikes out to be around the same as having 4 seperate SERO lines.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work

Quote:
That won't work. You can only add a line to ED 1500 and that starts at $130 for two lines. That's the cheapest you can get 2 lines on Sprint minus any corporate discounts. The new Sero has a family plan that's $109
I included a screen shot from my company's portal.

Edit...

You peaked my interest enough that I emailed our rep... and he said it's a bug, and if I ordered that, it would have failed. You were right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sshot-23.jpg (139.5 KB, 44 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by qwho; 04-06-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwho View Post
I included a screen shot from my company's portal.

Edit...

You peaked my interest enough that I emailed our rep... and he said it's a bug, and if I ordered that, it would have failed. You were right.
Yea, that's wierd that it show it like that. If it went through that would have been super sweet. Sorry to rain on your parade though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

specv is becoming a great contributor

What about Old SERO plans that were converted to grandfathered F&F 500 plans?

I had a SERO $29.99 plan with my corp 25% discount. When I was switched to the new system I lost my SERO plan and got a F&F 500 with free data, text, m2m, N&W@6 and FIMF for $29.99 and kept my 25% discount. I know others have gotten the same. The question is would this plan qualify for a Android phone because its not a SERO plan but I think it doesnt meet the other minimum requirements.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G